Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

It's all panning out brilliantly, I'm so happy

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
There shouldn't be another pitch invasion. We had two last Monday which will live long into the memory. So stay off the pitch and give the players a chance to walk back onto their field of dreams as Champions (taking nothing for granted) to lift that beautiful trophy - in front of us.

King Canute.

We've been through this and the masses proved the doubters wrong.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Oh how the Mighty have fallen.
When they beat us ( deservedly so ) they were hunting us down. We were going to bottle it. Since then....4 POINTS OUT OF EIGHTEEN!! Even after sneaking a point at Toon, they were bigging it up. But they forgot they had the on fire Wolves up next and the powerhouse that is Burton Albion. Result....Zero points. Zilch, Nil, Nothing, Nought, Sweet FA.
Unfortunately, the Massive are now on a run and rearing their ugly heads again. Wagner tried the big talk too early. Try and learn some respect and do your apprenticeship first. No sympathy there.
Cmon Fulham. The boost of six points in the PL will be a great start. Can Reading go up with a minus goal difference?

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
and we'll already be Champions because Newcastle will have had 2 chances to muck it up before playing us!

Wouldn't bank on it.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Newcastle will do exactly what we did.

Get promotion on Monday, and then not be in a fit state to play on Friday.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
[tweet]856195965002428416[/tweet]

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I realise there are other conotations, but I reckon just one win for Fulham (Brentford at home or Wednesday away), will leave Leeds in the wilderness for another season.

A nice turn around. In February their momentum and some parts of the media made it seem they were going to grab an automatic place.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I forgot after Easter,we now have a long weekend next week......as u were

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I realise there are other conotations, but I reckon just one win for Fulham (Brentford at home or Wednesday away), will leave Leeds in the wilderness for another season.

A nice turn around. In February their momentum and some parts of the media made it seem they were going to grab an automatic place.

The reason why Fulham aren't higher in the table, despite their obvious talents of course, is because they have a habit of following up a sparkling performance (say winning easily at Newcastle) with a shit one (losing to Wolves).

Therefore them beating mid table fodder like Brentford- especially with it being a bit of a local derby- is by no means a certainty.

I'd absolutely love Fulham to royally stiff Leeds- who wouldn't?- but I fear there is another twist in the tale yet. What would be nice is a situation where Fulham and The Massive both require a point from their final game, allowing for a leisurely, Southampton-Spurs style aimless stroll for both sets of players around Hillsborough on the last day. Culminating in a dreadful 0-0 draw, to the sound of 38,000 people chuckling loudly and The Leeds furiously talking of conspiracies and stitch-ups :lolol:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Fish

Exiled Geordie
Jan 5, 2017
Newcastle getting promoted at the first time of asking with a great manager at the helm.
Hughton getting promoted and getting the credit he richly deserves but seems uncomfortable receiving.
Sunderland going down as one of the worst Premier League sides of the past 20yrs or so and looking absolutely buggered financially
Middlesbrough going down after crowing so often and so loudly about how they (and Sunderland) were the best club(s) in the North East.
Wigan and Blackburn going down to League 1.
Blyth Spartans promoted to the National League North as champions with 101pts

It's all coming up roses.

If Newcastle win tonight we're up so I shouldn't worry too much about other fixtures, but I'd like a bit of a gap between 2nd and 3rd so I'd greatly appreciate 'Arry getting points off Huddersfield. That said, I'd love it (love it) if Birmingham go down, punish stupid owners for their intemperance.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here