Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So who is the top EARNER at the club now ?

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
I recall that most of Paul Barber's wage came in the form of bonuses and if so, then he's clearly not being paid too much. I've never liked wage-envy and for me the more important question is always - "are the lowest paid earning enough?"

0030411300000258-3230117-image-a-106_1441933056190.jpg

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
£12k a week is meant to be the wage of an average championship player. I reckon a few of ours such as Dunk, Knocky and Murray will be on £20k a week and perhaps a bit more. Murray could have an interesting contract with a reasonable basic but with highly rewarding bonuses for goals.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Murray was on in the region of 40k a week at Bournemouth and we took on all his wages. I dont imagine hes taken a pay cut to sign permanently

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Will be Glenn now.

SeafordBHA

Aug 13, 2011
I'd have thought some of these figures are fairly inflated.

My guess is that most would be on teens, very highest at 25k for us. Most of likes of Skalak, Bong etc around £12k pw.

Not sure where i'd have most of these impressions from though, probably Football Manager, and no idea how accurate those are.... (probably better idea than most on here).

Imagine this differs largely across the division, with recently relegated prem clubs paying on average 40k, and Barnsley/Rotherham etc generally 5/6k pw.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Barber...he is on over a million a year and on a bonus of 5 million if we get promoted.

........brought to you by #fakenewsohyessiree

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
personally i think those quoting 35-40k are way off the mark whatever Murray was earning previously. It doesn't matter what some are paid in the Prem the average Championship player is on about 10-12k p/w,

i'd say our top 3 or 4 might be on 20k, 25k top whack.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Sir Alex Ferguson said it was important for the manager to earn more than any of the players - so wonder if that top earner is CH? No complaints from me if he is.

Good old Alex

Trust him to have a decent argument ahead of his ''contract renewal''

Managers seldom earn more than the ''top players'' at a club.

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto
It's got to be between Murray and Dunk, shirley.

Glenn has spent several years in the PL rinsing the Disney Prince, and the Muff certainly don't shy away from paying EXORBITANT wages. Dunk is probably our most saleable asset and rising star, the best centreback in the division, and has been awarded a couple of new contracts in the last 18 months or so to fend off Fulham and CPFC2010. They must both be on circa £40k a week I'd have thought.

Kayal and Knocky won't be that far away. Sidwell has spent the majority of his career in the top flight, so he won't be driving a Fiat Uno any time soon. Duffy is a full International and our record signing, so he's probably not even looked at his bank account in the last 3 years.

But I think our PL striker is probably the chap on the mostest right now, with this new contract. What say ye ?

I would be shocked if we paid any player near £40k per week.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I'm happy to be shot down here but I would be very surprised if Sir Alex Ferguson EVER earned as much as the top earning player at Man U.

For home games SAF insisted that the first team squad had to stay at the Lowry Hotel the night before the match.

This allowed someone to order a £300 bottle of wine for each match, which he would drink by himself,and put it on the hotel bill, and the club was always too afraid to ask him to pay the bill himself.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I recall that most of Paul Barber's wage came in the form of bonuses and if so, then he's clearly not being paid too much. I've never liked wage-envy and for me the more important question is always - "are the lowest paid earning enough?"

Where's @Dr No when you need him?

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
personally i think those quoting 35-40k are way off the mark whatever Murray was earning previously. It doesn't matter what some are paid in the Prem the average Championship player is on about 10-12k p/w,

i'd say our top 3 or 4 might be on 20k, 25k top whack.

It was well publicised that the loan agreement with bournemouth required us to cover all Murrays wages

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here