Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Season long BETTING

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Let's face it, they don't want their investment in L1 for long do they.

They didn't want it to be in the Championship for long either...

But point taken. I was just surprised that EVERYONE had backed them, is all.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Cheers, you too Mr fan club.

I am planning one or two top scorer coups also but they will have to wait a little while.

Who will be our top scorer iyo? Is the winner not yet at the club?

I'm pretty confident that ours is not yet at the club.

For the over-all Prem one, its quite tough.

Lacazette, not for me.
Aguero and Jesus will get a load but they'll SHARE them, rather than either being the club's nailed on main man.
Lukaku could get loads, but Mourihno is partial to resting his main man in the 'easy' games, and to banking a 2-0 win rather than putting teams to the sword.
Morata is a really good signing, and will be THE focal point of a very good side.

Morata > Lukaku > Aguero in that order, I think.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour

Lacazette, not for me.
Aguero and Jesus will get a load but they'll SHARE them, rather than either being the club's nailed on main man.
Lukaku could get loads, but Mourihno is partial to resting his main man in the 'easy' games, and to banking a 2-0 win rather than putting teams to the sword.
Morata is a really good signing, and will be THE focal point of a very good side.

Kane??

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007

Lacazette, not for me.

Defoe @ 66/1 looks fair. Could be another #Eddiesmiracle .

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I agree with you on all points apart from the one I've highlighted. I reckon Villa are the strong favourites for the Championship. They've got a proven manager, a side that was fairly solid already and, most importantly, Kodjia and Hogan upfront who both have a track record of scoring goals. I'd back them over Middlesbrough, who spent last season trying to be the most unimaginative and tedious team to watch in football history. I don't think Monk can fix that overnight. In fact, rather unusually, I don't rate the chances of any of the three teams that came down from the Premier League and I think the contenders will all come from existing Championship sides - Derby and Fulham for starters.

All fair comments.

Boro have a very strong squad though - goals in Assombalonga and the new guy Braithwaite, decent top-end Championship midfielders, some proper pace in Traore, decent new keeper in Randolph, kept hold of Gibson and Ayala at the back. Strong.

Hopefully the John Terry show will scupper Villa's hopes.

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
:facepalm: A glaring oversight.

Every chance of being right up there.

Never going to be top, playing for AFCB but tidy odds. Value in the E/W market? Do they pay to 4th?

1/4 odds 1,2,3,4.

As for Kane, I have decided that Spurs will underachieve this season because of the move from WHL so (imo) he can't be a 3/1 chance.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Spreadex have released their goals market for the season.

They've gone:

Murray 7.5-8.5
Knocky 4.5-5.5
Dunk 1.75-2.5
Duffy 1.5-2

Slight question marks over Murray but the rest I think are relatively safe buys. Thoughts??

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

They've gone:

Murray 7.5-8.5
Knocky 4.5-5.5
Dunk 1.75-2.5
Duffy 1.5-2

Slight question marks over Murray but the rest I think are relatively safe buys. Thoughts??

My thoughts are that I don't like those spreads, perhaps Knockaert. They've only gone for those four, but I'd have hoped that they went low on Suttner and Gross, and that I'd place an early bet on them. I'd really want to put money on Gross' assists, if a market becomes available. Perhaps I've got an over-inflated view of Gross.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

They've gone:

Murray 7.5-8.5
Knocky 4.5-5.5
Dunk 1.75-2.5
Duffy 1.5-2

This link has prompted me to waste more time that I should be working. I've identified those buys and sells I think look like good value. Your thoughts on these?

BUY: Willian, Rooney, Dawson, Antonio

SELL: Ince, Berahino, Deeney

Apr 1, 2007
Saltdean
Everton +20 H'cap Bet365 @ 14/1....0.5 pts win

Aston Villa @ 7/1....1 pt win

Salford City ( Nat Lge Nth ) Betway @ 7/2....2 pts win

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Rooney worthy of a top scorer bet I think if he is played as a striker

I quite fancy Wazza to prove a few doubters wrong, back at his boyhood club he's not going to relax and take it easy.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
My thoughts are that I don't like those spreads, perhaps Knockaert. They've only gone for those four, but I'd have hoped that they went low on Suttner and Gross, and that I'd place an early bet on them. I'd really want to put money on Gross' assists, if a market becomes available. Perhaps I've got an over-inflated view of Gross.

Fair enough. Still think both Duffy and Dunk have at least a couple of goals in them each. Can see us chasing a lot of games and sending them up for corners/free kicks.

I requested a couple of others:

Hemed 5.5-6.5
Baldock 4-4.75
Gross 1.5-2
March 1.75-2.5

I think I'll buy AK, Gross and March. Guess I better put my money where my mouth is now with regards to Dunk and Duffy as well.

This link has prompted me to waste more time that I should be working. I've identified those buys and sells I think look like good value. Your thoughts on these?

Yep

Probably yes. But tricky one depending on where they play him.

?

Yep

Tricky one that. Wouldn't be brave enough myself.

Berahino,

Agreed

No, disagree here. Take their pens doesn't he?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here