Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Barber and the club have lost me as a customer today

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
That's total matchday ticket income, this thread is about increased matchday ticket prices. There are c. 23,000 ST, c. 3000 away already factored in, so the increased prices relate to c. 4000 seats max x say £8 increase = 32,000 extra revenue per match.
*all figures approx.

£32k minus VAT = £26,666 x 19 = £506,666.

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
Is this true? £25 for an under 10 is disgusting!
Totally agree but this is just for the Cat A matches - all this talk of the £45 adult ticket doesn't take into account a fair chunk will be Cat B (£35) and Cat C (£30) which in the scheme of things doesn't sound so bad. I guess the scrapping of the Under 10 price is due to market forces. There will be a lot more JCLs and fans of the opposition coming out the woodwork to try and get a ticket this coming season, so it is a way to get more cash out of people. Has the same thing happened with season tickets? I've got no idea as I'm not a ST holder but go to most of the games, pay on a match-by-match basis, as sometimes its just me, sometimes me and one of my kids, sometimes both, and sometimes the missus as well - thus a ST isn't a feasible option for me. Anyway, am interested to know if the category has been scrapped for season tickets?

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Brighton has always had a very large number of floating/fair weather fans. More than other clubs? I have no idea as I only follow Brighton, but we do have a very fickle fanbase once the bad times come. Even a couple of seasons at the wrong end of the Premier League will see a big fall off in season ticket sales imo. .

Hi Icy. Agreed. this has been true in the past.
However we were nearly relegated in 2014/15 and its true season ticket sales dipped by about 3K that year. A few years struggling in the championship and its true our attendances are likely to fall.
However average crowds in the champ in 2014/15 and 15/16 never went below 25K.
Those attendance patterns in 1979-1983 and beyond are just not comparable to the Premier League anymore where 95% is the norm capacity for every club.
Its hard to see given we have sold out season tickets , have a long waiting list, are close to getting > 25K attendance for a FRIENDLY, overwhelming demand, and our long term attendances post Amex how , even with these matchday increases, that every league game at least , will be a near sell out. And interest free season tickets (bar the incredible Huddersfield £199 offer - and they really do struggle to compete given their proximity to other Manc/Yorks clubs) are still very good value for our 20K+ ST holders.

If we stay in the Prem , but at the bottom of the Prem, there won't be a fall in season ticket sales. And if we maintain a competitive team in the Champ if we end up back there (with parachute payments - remember) is not likely to hurt attendances substantially either.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Totally agree but this is just for the Cat A matches - all this talk of the £45 adult ticket doesn't take into account a fair chunk will be Cat B (£35) and Cat C (£30) which in the scheme of things doesn't sound so bad. I guess the scrapping of the Under 10 price is due to market forces. There will be a lot more JCLs and fans of the opposition coming out the woodwork to try and get a ticket this coming season, so it is a way to get more cash out of people. Has the same thing happened with season tickets? I've got no idea as I'm not a ST holder but go to most of the games, pay on a match-by-match basis, as sometimes its just me, sometimes me and one of my kids, sometimes both, and sometimes the missus as well - thus a ST isn't a feasible option for me. Anyway, am interested to know if the category has been scrapped for season tickets?
I've got an under 10 season ticket for my kids, yes the catagory is still there for me. But for new season tickets, I'm not sure.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Yes.....and i'm sure you will agree that its an attack on a generation of potential Albion supporters..very surprised at this and seems so short sighted

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
I've got an under 10 season ticket for my kids, yes the catagory is still there for me. But for new season tickets, I'm not sure.

New ST holders (those 1-250 on the waiting list) were offered the chance to buy u10 tickets in the last couple of weeks so yes.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Fair enough fella, after a few conversations today quite a few are in the f@ck paying that bracket I even think
£40 would of softened the blow but when it edges towards £50 your targeting tourists for a pay day imo.
I'm still not getting what posters expect the club to do.

Having spent the best part of 116 years living a hand (out) to mouth existence, more often than not missing the mouth completely.
It has now, after a £250m+ investment, found itself in an orchard of money trees.

From the moment Tony wrestled control of the club and broke ground on a Premier League Ready stadium, £50 tickets was always on the cards.
Even if supporters were too slow to see it coming then, and, like me, refused to engage with the premier League beyond tutting and shaking their head, Tony double downed his intentions with Lancing.

The club is no longer a team that has Bob Booker's dog on the physio's payroll.

Of course the club are targeting football tourists, in what is potentially a narrow money making window.
Despite all it's efforts we turn up watch football and go home, ready for the next game.
Sure we might have a couple of beers and a pie, whilst moaning about said beers, pies, service, cost, transport, the team, referee, free shirts, free flags, clackers and the superstore.

What we're not doing is getting there early, taking selfies all round the ground, spending £300 in the shop, telling everyone we know how great the AMEX is and what superb VFM it is - 'they even paid for my transport'.

EVERYBODY knew exactly what was coming, and as much as most of us don't like it, because we don't like what our game has become, we've been complicit since 1993.

Unbelievably being priced out of the club is a fact of life, and a fact I'm very close to myself, but it's something I have to accept as it's the nature of the beast.

Last edited:

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Yes.....and i'm sure you will agree that its an attack on a generation of potential Albion supporters..very surprised at this and seems so short sighted

I completely agree, I have one under 10 ST and quite often bought another under 10 match ticket in a single seat next to us for my daughter. Previously £10-12 per match. But now up to £25 for a match. I just won't buy that seat at that price anymore, but then that's what Barber wants isn't it.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I'm still not getting what posters expect the club to do.

Having spent the best part of 116 years living a hand (out) to mouth existence, more often than not missing the mouth completely.
It has now, after a £250m+ investment, found itself in an orchard of money trees.

From the moment Tony wrestled control of the club and broke ground on a Premier League Ready stadium, £50 tickets was always on the cards.
Even if supporters were too slow to see it coming then, and, like me, refused to engage with the premier League beyond tutting and shaking their head, Tony double down his intentions with Lancing.

The club is no longer a team that has Bob Booker's dog on the physio's payroll.

Of course the club are targeting football tourists, in what is potentially a narrow money making window.
Despite all it's efforts we turn up watch football and go home, ready for the next game.
Sure we might have a couple of beers and a pie, whilst moaning about said beers, pies, service, cost, transport, the team, referee, free shirts, free flags, clackers and the superstore.

What we're not doing is getting there early, taking selfies all round the ground, spending £300 in the shop, telling everyone we know how great the AMEX is and what superb VFM it is - 'they even paid for my transport'.

EVERYBODY knew exactly what was coming, and as much as most of us don't like it, because we don't like what our game has become, we've been complicit since 1993.

Unbelievably being priced out of the club is a fact of life, and a fact I'm very close to myself, but it's something I have to accept as it's the nature of the beast.

Nope i don't get there early...i'm working normally..sunday kickoffs excepted...selfie? never taken one in my life ..£300 in the club shop? Cough!! ..Paying for my transport..nope they don't pay for mine..i do pay them for the car park though..yep i do tell peeps how lovely the Amex is...1 out of 10?

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
The best games next season will be the cheaper category C games, where we have a chance of winning and therefore be more entertaining, than the A's, where we are likely to be spanked. Of course, many JCL's will want to see their "first team" beating us.......

I will never pay regularly £45 for an Albion game, only the exceptional one-offs like playoffs, big cup games, big away games (although no chance of getting a ticket).

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
So, if we drop the Pay as you go ticket price to £20 and give away free shirts on demand then Husty, ppf and mouldy boots will start buying match tickets again.

Or we could concentrate on getting the U10s reinstated

Just let me think about it

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
What about the vast numbers of old/new u10 season ticket holders this season who've paid between £90 and £195 for a 19 Premier League games.

Thats a valid point and to be praised ...so why kick under 10's without a ST....well we know ..and thats because the club won't have a problem (currently) flogging them elsewhere

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The whingers would love Barber to be ostracised and gone!
There's very little more embarrassing on NSC than:-

'Something bad blame Barber - something good praise Tony'.

At the very best it's naive, but in reality it's ignorant and stupid.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
What about the vast numbers of old/new u10 season ticket holders this season who've paid between £90 and £195 for 19 Premier League games.

Exactly, which is an incredible price. The club are supporting those that have been loyal to the cause by keeping season ticket prices down (realistically they're still incredibly good value) but making those who don't commit for the season pay that bit more.

I'm sorry, but I don't really see why anyone has an issue with this, even with the U10 price rise.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Nope i don't get there early...i'm working normally..sunday kickoffs excepted...selfie? never taken one in my life ..£300 in the club shop? Cough!! ..Paying for my transport..nope they don't pay for mine..i do pay them for the car park though..yep i do tell peeps how lovely the Amex is...1 out of 10?

Seriously? You give the Amex 1 out of 10? Purely as a place to watch football for me it remains a solid 7. All the trappings in the side are modern day football sadly, not the stadium itself

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here