Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Doris to storm in or does she ?

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Absolute CARNAGE in Eastbourne. Does anyone know how I can claim compensation ?

BXp-0dzIEAAZ2yR.jpg:large

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Absolute CARNAGE in Eastbourne. Does anyone know how I can claim compensation ?

BXp-0dzIEAAZ2yR.jpg:large

Not sure how much compensation you can get for living in Eastbourne, presume it is a fair amount...

West West West Sussex :p

And to get the thread back onto the original point we are currently getting the odd gust of wind here in Sullington, yet again the Met Office have gone over the top - I blame that Michael Fish Myself.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
This storm naming is made to boost tabloid sales, pretty embarrassing when you look the weather across the rest of the world
We've the best weather in the world mate. It's gonna get even better now we don't have to pay for the European climate.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Not sure how much compensation you can get for living in Eastbourne, presume it is a fair amount...

West West West Sussex :p

And to get the thread back onto the original point we are currently getting the odd gust of wind here in Sullington, yet again the Met Office have gone over the top - I blame that Michael Fish Myself.

More than the odd gust here in North Wales I can assure you!

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Since they introduced this childish idea of naming "storms" the Met Office has been struck with hysteria. They had a spokeswoman on Radio 4 this morning defending the naming of storms by saying that people were discussing them more on Twitter (with no data to back up that assertion). And so what? Probably most are just taking the piss about the names. Doris? Really?

More nannying from the nanny state. It is "a bit blustery". It's not a tropical storm or a hurricane. It's quite warm here in West Sussex and a bright sunny day (but a bit blustery).

If they want to give every blustery day a name, won't be long before we hit Zebedee.

theroyal

May 11, 2014
Doris was blowing me pretty hard this morning.

It was quite windy outside as well.

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
Yes it's windy - a few small branches have blown off trees and the odd bin has been blown over
We've had a fair bit of rain too
It IS February - one expects it

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Since they introduced this childish idea of naming "storms" the Met Office has been struck with hysteria. They had a spokeswoman on Radio 4 this morning defending the naming of storms by saying that people were discussing them more on Twitter (with no data to back up that assertion). And so what? Probably most are just taking the piss about the names. Doris? Really?

More nannying from the nanny state. It is "a bit blustery". It's not a tropical storm or a hurricane. It's quite warm here in West Sussex and a bright sunny day (but a bit blustery).

If they want to give every blustery day a name, won't be long before we hit Zebedee.

This, totally.

As ever, it seems to be something we've copied from America. Now they DO get some proper serious storms over there. The Midwest and Minneapolis is about to be clobbered by a blizzard that's going to dump anything between 4-12 inches over tonight and tomorrow, with temperatures hitting -8. But I don't even think they've bothered naming it.

Us though - we get a blustery day with a bit of rain and snow mixed in up north, and its actually given a name and treated like its some kind of event. Laughable. The Met Office seriously want to give their collective heads a wobble. I guess it gets the Mail and the Express frothing for a few days in the run-up (as if they ever need any encouragement), but honestly. The average yank would be laughing up their sleeves at our "weather warnings".

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Trains are totally ****ed!

Every service from London Bridge, Victoria, Waterloo and Blackfriars is currently showing as delayed.

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
We used to have wet and windy days and people were advised to hold onto their hats. Nowadays, a bit of wind and rain is called a storm and people are warned not to venture outdoors unless they have to. Talk about melodrama.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
The wind is really whipping one up in Crawley. The cover has flown off my garden table, I'm not going out there! Cats find it great watching from the windows with everything flying about.

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit

This, totally.
Us though - we get a blustery day with a bit of rain and snow mixed in up north, and its actually given a name and treated like its some kind of event. Laughable. The Met Office seriously want to give their collective heads a wobble. I guess it gets the Mail and the Express frothing for a few days in the run-up (as if they ever need any encouragement), but honestly. The average yank would be laughing up their sleeves at our "weather warnings".

I guess if it's not happening outside your door it's not really happening. Perhaps we should only name storms that affect Sussex eh.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I guess if it's not happening outside your door it's not really happening. Perhaps we should only name storms that affect Sussex eh.

I'll peep through the gaps in my fingers at the news tonight then, observing the devastated post-apocalyptic wastelands of the north on the news tonight, as people try to recover from the wreckage of this cataclysmic "WEATHERBOMB".

And the waves. Will somebody show the WAVES ?!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here