Who is hardest?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
I certainly won't be voting mouse, I'm mean really? A mouse? However I'm bored senseless with the same old video of the Trump Badger snarling like a bitch at what looked like an amused Lioness, woopie he picks on girls how hard!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
One badger saw off some Lions thus creating a myth that doesn't stand up to any real scrutiny. Mostly they just get killed and eaten.

Leopard kills one.
Commentaty: "This old female should be an easy catch". It wasn't, despite the old injured badger being a fraction of the leopard's size.

YOUNG LIONS kill one
6 lions, each 6 times larger than the honey badger, manage to win. With evidence like this I take it you're on the side of the honey badger?

Lioness kills one.
Another lioness kills one.
The only thing that can been seen from those videos is the ridiculous size difference.

If you want it simply to be about who would beat whom in a one v one, give the crown to the African bull elephant and stop ****ing about.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
One honey badger got lucky once. You stated there were examples, so produce them.

Just search NSC for 'castrate' (or similar) and you'll find one of the 8 million binfests there have been about this very point. My position is clear: the evidence already supplied is enough. I suspect that no one is going to change their minds now so why argue.

The great thing about the Honey Badger is that this is just one aspect of it's mentalness. Even if you discount castration you still have to deal with the aggression, the insanity, the attitude, the reputation. It really is the complete competitor in this competition.

Looking forward to seeing the Wedge Tailed Eagle go all the way next year though.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
I've been Team HB for years yet this year I was leaning towards the Grasshopper Mouse: mightily impressed by it's impressive territory and headcase credentials. However, I have been lured back by the passionate defence of the Honey Badger and his inextricable link with our own club's fortunes. Can we really take the risk of tempting fate with the promotion run-in just beginning? I'm not religious. I've never even been particularly superstitious but I for one cannot take that risk.

Honey Badger. Because Hughton and the boys would want you to*

*probably

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Need more that that i'm afraid, we've seen HB getting eaten by lions, leopards and here's a croc eating one.

You don't need anything. As I said, everyone's made their minds up now about the castration issue so there's no point bleating about it.

And that video doesn't show anything.

And the mere fact that a Honey Badger is contending in any way with a CROCODILE is ridiculously hard.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Commentaty: "This old female should be an easy catch". It wasn't, despite the old injured badger being a fraction of the leopard's size.

6 lions, each 6 times larger than the honey badger, manage to win. With evidence like this I take it you're on the side of the honey badger?

The only thing that can been seen from those videos is the ridiculous size difference.

If you want it simply to be about who would beat whom in a one v one, give the crown to the African bull elephant and stop ****ing about.

I'm simply dispelling the HB myth that it's this mythical beast that big cats can't touch, when obviously they eat them all the time.

BTW hippos are harder than Elephants. They'll kill ya quicker than an elephant will if ya piss one off.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
You don't need anything. As I said, everyone's made their minds up now about the castration issue so there's no point bleating about it.

And the mere fact that a Honey Badger is contending in any way with a CROCODILE is ridiculously hard.

It's not contending, it's food. HB could never contend with a Croc, it would destroy it in every incidence they happened to meet which would be rare however.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I'm simply dispelling the HB myth that it's this mythical beast that big cats can't touch
I didn't realise that myth existed. Big cats are top predators. The fact that a little honey badger even has a chance of fighting one off is impressive.

BTW hippos are harder than Elephants. They'll kill ya quicker than an elephant will if ya piss one off.
If it was about animals one v one (it isn't) then it wouldn't be about which can kill a human the fastest.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
From what I can see the Honey Badger is hard as nails, but a bit DIM!

He/she seems to take on all comers, but invariably walks away either wounded or doesn't walk away at all. HB is just a mad nutter.

On the other hand, the GRASSHOPPER MOUSE cares about its territory and works bloody hard to protect it. It is a careful killer and wins when it takes on its prey every time. Then it HOWLS! It's hard and clever.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Weak argument citing Nsc as an authority.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Grasshopper Mouse vs. Honey Badger?

Where's the option for the Damp Squib?

beefypigeon

Aug 14, 2008

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I'm a JCL with the WHC comp and only bothered with tickets for the final. Can't be arsed with the early rounds so had no idea on form of the two finalists. Quick search on YT and see video of a mouse taking on a scorpion not even half its size. Only real weapon the scorpion has is its sting and the mouse has a chemical defence for that so no contest really. The first video of HB was one of the buggers defending itself successfully against 6 lions!! They might be dumb but you don't come harder than that so HB got my vote.

By the way, when are tickets on sale for next years final?

Canfan

Nov 8, 2014
Beyond Hope
Only real weapon the scorpion has is its sting and the mouse has a chemical defence for that so no contest really. The first video of HB was one of the buggers defending itself successfully against 6 lions!! They might be dumb but you don't come harder than that so HB got my vote.

This convinced me. Go HB!

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
This is not a mouse.
This is a mouse that don't care about VENOM. To question its size misses the point.

Ooh I think the GM fans may have shot themselves in the foot a bit with this one. It is well documented that the HB also doesn't give a shit about taking on highly venomous creatures.

How about we make a comparison between the venomous creatures that the combatants prey on? In the last round, I mentioned this article which gives an account of a honey badger that was bitten by a PUFF ADDER......

http://www.discoverwildlife.com/animals/mammals/why-are-honey-badgers-so-aggressive

I wondered to myself "so exactly how poisonous is a puff adder?" and did a little googling and found....well REALLY frickin' poisonous actually. Wikipedia says it's responsible for the most amount of snake related deaths in Africa and this toxicology report says that untreated puff adder bites on humans are fatal in OVER 50% of cases....

http://toxicology.ucsd.edu/Snakebite Protocols/Arietans.htm

If that wasn't enough....Remember that the previous article mentions that the honey badger wasn't only just bitten by the puff adder.....It was bitten IN THE FACE! And it took about 5 hours to sleep it off and was instantly up and hunting down more puff adders after the experience.

Now let's compare that with the venomous prey of choice for the grasshopper mouse....Namely the Arizona bark scorpion...A quick look at wikipedia says oh........

"Fatalities from scorpion envenomation in the USA are rare and are limited to small animals (including small pets), small children, the elderly, and adults with compromised immune systems."

It goes on to say that there have been only TWO recorded fatalities from scorpion stings in Arizona since 1968.....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arizona_bark_scorpion

Mmmm not so poisonous then...

So there you have it. Team GM bought up the subject of resisting VENOM being HARD. But didn't realise that PUFF ADDERS (HBs love to munch on a bit off puff) are absolutely LETHAL. Whereas the ARIZONA BARK SCORPIONS (GM venomous enemy of choice) have a sting that is very painful yet RARELY FATAL.

Honey B wins the "I can take more poisonous venom than you" contest.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here