Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What is wrong with some people who go to premier league matches

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Spotted at the Chelsea v Arsenal game, towards the end of the game, Disgruntled Arsenal fan, think about it, he went to the trouble and printed that banner in advance of the game. Then you have an even bigger idiot with a half and half scarf, at a Chelsea-Arsenal match, FFS, and he's filming the clown with the banner. Oh dear, seriously, WTF is going on with some people who go to Premier League matches.

IMG_0011.JPG

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
If that's how they want to spend their time and money then so be it.

Who actually cares what two complete strangers do at a football match? :shrug:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
That half and half scarf is criminal. They are RIVALS for goodness sake.

Probably seemed like a good idea when he saw it outside the ground for a fiver......souvenir of the day, maybe his only trip of the season, could be a neutral......difficult to be too judgemental without knowing.

Shuggie

Sep 19, 2003
East Sussex coast
Is it just me or has anyone else noticed that society has changed over the last 20 years?

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Is it just me or has anyone else noticed that society has changed over the last 20 years?

Actually, that picture is from the future, if you look at the steward's back. So, another two years, and Arsenal have probably finished fourth again and again. No wonder he's upset.

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
I just don't get half/half scarves.. If I go to a game big enough that I feel I need a souvenir I will keep the match ticket or possibly grab a program..

Shuggie

Sep 19, 2003
East Sussex coast
Actually, that picture is from the future, if you look at the steward's back. So, another two years, and Arsenal have probably finished fourth again and again. No wonder he's upset.

Good spot! Technology has changed more quickly than I'd realised.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
IF we go up and IF Palace stay up will we see half and half Albion/Palace scarves?

nigeyb

Oct 14, 2005
Hove
Spotted at the Chelsea v Arsenal game, towards the end of the game, Disgruntled Arsenal fan, think about it, he went to the trouble and printed that banner in advance of the game. Then you have an even bigger idiot with a half and half scarf, at a Chelsea-Arsenal match, FFS, and he's filming the clown with the banner. Oh dear, seriously, WTF is going on with some people who go to Premier League matches.
As someone with a huge dollop of affection for Arsenal FC I have some sympathy for the sentiment. I'd rather he politely show a banner than scream in the face of Arsene (who is still a total legend and a complete gentleman who has done more for the club than most in its history) or make an idiot of himself on Arsenal Fan TV (what is wrong with those people?! Jeez get a life. You win some and you lose some).

All that said, what dismays the majority of Gooners is the sense of deja vu. Some Albion fans may think we choke. Albion have nothing on Arsenal.

As Amy Lawrence said in the Guardian the other day...

A forlorn Wenger tried to make sense of why his team capitulated against Watford on a damp, dispiriting night but there were no easy answers. His crestfallen expression suggested his difficulty explaining this psychological foible in his team. He had warned them to be wary of Watford, to expect them to put energy and physicality into it. Don’t be casual. Don’t just go out there and expect an easy ride. (They were inexplicably casual.)

Not for the first time this season Arsenal wasted a promising opportunity. Had they defeated Watford at home, as they half-expected, it would have taken them to within six points of Chelsea before the trip to Stamford Bridge – a scenario with an interesting edge to it. Now they face a far more trepidatious journey courtesy of a nine‑point gap and punctured confidence.

It is as if they suffer from some kind of repetitive, episodic, jerky-form syndrome: Arsenal are good at getting back on the bike after a fall but once they start to gather speed and look capable of catching some competition they crash. Then they get back up again until the next crash.

This season’s evidence goes back to the aftermath of that 3-0 win against Chelsea, when they were collecting wins for fun. But as soon as they had the possibility of hitting top spot Arsenal clammed up, as if stifled by pressure. They could not flex their muscles to beat Tottenham Hotspur or Manchester United, both of whom were understrength at the time. Then they returned to the win trail before the pressure stunted their progress again with back-to-back defeats at Everton and Manchester City. After clambering back on the bike they hit the skids against Watford. And so it goes on …

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2017/feb/02/arsenal-chelsea-watford-arsene-wenger-pressure

Arsene Wenger has had years to find a way to overcome this cycle and yet, every season, it's the same.

Some here may think that moaning about a consistent top four finish in the Prem is moaning about what most supporters, including us, can only dream of, but a predictable routine is a predictable routine, and this cycle is more predictable than old episodes of The Sweeney or The Professionals showing up on ITV4.

It is indeed "Time to Go"

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
As someone with a huge dollop of affection for Arsenal FC I have some sympathy for the sentiment. I'd rather he politely show a banner than scream in the face of Arsene (who is still a total legend and a complete gentleman who has done more for the club than most in its history) or make an idiot of himself on Arsenal Fan TV (what is wrong with those people?! Jeez get a life. You win some and you lose some).

All that said, what dismays the majority of Gooners is the sense of deja vu. Some Albion fans may think we choke. Albion have nothing on Arsenal.

As Amy Lawrence said in the Guardian the other day...

A forlorn Wenger tried to make sense of why his team capitulated against Watford on a damp, dispiriting night but there were no easy answers. His crestfallen expression suggested his difficulty explaining this psychological foible in his team. He had warned them to be wary of Watford, to expect them to put energy and physicality into it. Don’t be casual. Don’t just go out there and expect an easy ride. (They were inexplicably casual.)

Not for the first time this season Arsenal wasted a promising opportunity. Had they defeated Watford at home, as they half-expected, it would have taken them to within six points of Chelsea before the trip to Stamford Bridge – a scenario with an interesting edge to it. Now they face a far more trepidatious journey courtesy of a nine‑point gap and punctured confidence.

It is as if they suffer from some kind of repetitive, episodic, jerky-form syndrome: Arsenal are good at getting back on the bike after a fall but once they start to gather speed and look capable of catching some competition they crash. Then they get back up again until the next crash.

This season’s evidence goes back to the aftermath of that 3-0 win against Chelsea, when they were collecting wins for fun. But as soon as they had the possibility of hitting top spot Arsenal clammed up, as if stifled by pressure. They could not flex their muscles to beat Tottenham Hotspur or Manchester United, both of whom were understrength at the time. Then they returned to the win trail before the pressure stunted their progress again with back-to-back defeats at Everton and Manchester City. After clambering back on the bike they hit the skids against Watford. And so it goes on …

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2017/feb/02/arsenal-chelsea-watford-arsene-wenger-pressure

Arsene Wenger has had years to find a way to overcome this cycle and yet, every season, it's the same.

Some here may think that moaning about a consistent top four finish in the Prem is moaning about what most supporters, including us, can only dream of, but a predictable routine is a predictable routine, and this cycle is more predictable than old episodes of The Sweeney or The Professionals showing up on ITV4.

It is indeed "Time to Go"

No one gives a shit mate... zzzzzz

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Half/Half scarf. If you went to, say Barca v Real as a neutral supporter from London and wanted a souvenir of the day I would think a half/half would be good. But he's got front row seats at a sold out game.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Probably seemed like a good idea when he saw it outside the ground for a fiver......souvenir of the day, maybe his only trip of the season, could be a neutral......difficult to be too judgemental without knowing.

A fiver no at least £10 - they were selling them for £15 for two last weekend at Lincoln

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here