Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Didn't deserve a thing

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?

Hippie-hair.jpg

Mayonaise

May 25, 2014
Haywards Heath
I just travelled half way round the world (OK, a quarter of the way round the world) to watch that. It was f*****g brilliant. A dire game? Yes, but only for the first 75 minutes or so. After that, one way traffic. Didn't deserve anything? Only if you're a miserable sod, first class. After the game: jubilation, grown men bouncing around in the stands, players lobbing shirts into an ecstatic crowd. Who gives a sh*t whether some supercilious bellend questions whether or not we "deserved" anything. WTF has that got to do with anything? It's a game not the sodding Booker prize.

This sums up the passion of following your football team and what it means - top post sir :thumbsup:

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?

Dig, righteous? Why do I picture you with long hair , John Lennon dark glasses wearing a kaftan and referring to the police as the "fuzz" ?

half time scores

Mar 19, 2012
Lounging-on-the-chintz
Dig, righteous? Why do I picture you with long hair , John Lennon dark glasses wearing a kaftan and referring to the police as the "fuzz" ?

Possibly influenced by post 41?

Sadly not my words, though it is a pretty accurate description of the character who uttered said phrase.

mreprice

Sep 12, 2010
Sydney, Australia
It was a bit different though. Last night we were shocking for 80 minutes and barely had a shot on target.

We had 57% possession. 9 shots to 7. Four corners to one. Away from home.

Shows just how high our standards are these days that until Solly came on it was quite an uninspiring away performance.

Normski1989

Apr 15, 2015
Hove
Games last for 90+ minutes. What is your point?
My point is exactly what I said... I think based on the entire 90 minute game, a draw would've been a fair result.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
Let's be honest, we we played rubbish. However, as we all know many successful teams manage to eek out a point and maybe even three on the back of crap performances.
If we go up great, enjoy the moment as 80 odd clubs would love to be in our position. I don't care how we go up as long as we do, let's sort out the future when we get there!

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I felt Burnley got exactly this type of result, from this type of game, more than a couple of times last season.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I just find it faintly hilarious that the more games we win while playing below par, the more weirdos start threads about us not deserving a thing, like their whole albion worldview has suddenly been split asunder and they don't know where to turn for validation of their viewpoint :lolol:

albionfan37

Aug 14, 2014
What’s it called? Cumbernauld
I just find it faintly hilarious that the more games we win while playing below par, the more weirdos start threads about us not deserving a thing, like their whole albion worldview has suddenly been split asunder and they don't know where to turn for validation of their viewpoint :lolol:
it was only a thread title mate don't get your knickers in a twist

Grizz

Jul 5, 2003
You can't take anything away from Birmingham though, except trying to defend what they had which played right into hands, especially with the subs we made. Birmingham kept their shape well, stopped the overlaps on the wings, gleeson played very well mopping up in midfield. The problem they had was they couldn't keep that up for 95 mins. You could see them tiring after 70 and we started to dominate the game. We stepped up a gear and put them under some telling pressure which included the beautiful move and finish for the first goal. Birmingham panicked a wee bit and we exploited it further with a quick corner (Bruno running and plucking the ball out the air) at the end when they were still trying to set up to defend. Wasn't a great performance by any stretch of the imagination, but we're a strong team now and we fight to the end and have special players that can turn the game around in those final 15 mins if needs be.

5ways

Sep 18, 2012
Fair to say that we haven't dominated a game fully Norwich (Leeds?). I'm sure players have been warned against complacency.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here