Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

James Wilson

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Wasn't inferring he is still ill at the moment. However it was definitely noticeable how much his fitness levels seemed to wane after the period in which he was ill. Certainly up until the last few weeks he has looked to be really struggling for breath in games.

He's not ill. He was ill. LAST YEAR.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Are you his doctor? You seem to be giving your opinion as fact.

Not my opinion. Its Wilson himself. I'm quoting him from his last interview with the BBC a week ago.

As for everyone else on here with their viruses and illnesses that last 6 months i've no idea.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Something not quite right. Don't know what - not a doctor or trained coach or anything - but just ain't quite right. Might turn out to be a world-beater, but can't see it myself. Send him back to ManU with thanks, and let them sort things out.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Wilson was generally very weak, had awful stamina, appeared to have a four month cold bug and in the main was anonymous for long spells every game.

Hope don't waste wages and a squad place on him next season.

But I didn't hate him, unlike the very angry bloke next to me last night.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Wilson was a gamble and continues to be a gamble. Bloom needs to bring in a sure thing over the summer.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Not as good as either Teixeira or Lingard? Not from what I've seen so far.

Napier's Knee

Mar 23, 2014
West Sussex
No he didn't. He said
"I was ill during the Christmas period and i've been in and out of the team (since). I've had to wait for my chance and i've had it (chance) in the last few weeks and managed to score today"
https://twitter.com/bbcsussexsport/status/727233744898166784

HE HASN"T GOT A VIRUS.

TBH I always have him the benefit of the doubt because I thought he was recovering from a virus. If that isn't the case then the mystery deepens.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I believe we need strikers with more presence, especially in the rough and tumble of the Championship. Wilson has loads of talent but goes missing and is a luxury player IMO.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Did you actually read the post you quoted there...

Yes. I read it the interview. I transcribed it. And I listened to it which is quite difficult cos he sports quite an accent..
"I was ill during the christmas period" Which was last year. You said he'd been ill "for quite a while" in the interview. He hadn't.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here