Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] Is there a restaurant in Brighton that does a brilliant tagine?

Binney on acid

NSC Patron
Nov 30, 2003
Shoreham
Please can anyone on NSC recommend a restaurant in Brighton & Hove that does a brilliant tagine. Shandiz in Church road never disappoints, but they don't do tagine.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Around the Norfolk Square area are a number of North African restaurants...the names escape me but there are several that serve tagine. Not sure of the quality though.

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
Are you going to be eating some dodgy north african food prior to doing your lighthouse walk? That sounds like a risk to me Z3 fella.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
I ate in Mascara the other night. Shared 3 starters and a lamb shank tagine. BYOB too. Recommended.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I ate in Mascara the other night. Shared 3 starters and a lamb shank tagine. BYOB too. Recommended.

If that is Mascara between palmeira square and hove Town hall, it recently closed down, but, if re-opened, was superb. Anything with smoked aubergine was excellent. I'm hungry now :down:

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
If that is Mascara between palmeira square and hove Town hall, it recently closed down, but, if re-opened, was superb. Anything with smoked aubergine was excellent. I'm hungry now :down:

New premises perhaps. Western Road. The smoked aubergine dip was excellent.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here