Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Major stabbing incident on a bus in Germany - at least 14 wounded.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
It all boils down to poverty, Gang culture exists in poor areas mainly populated by migrants and black people. This is where the gang culture arises. You don't see many migrant GP's or solicitors joining gangs.

Quite.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Both high brow and low brow racists. From Tommy Robinson to JRM , taking in Trump and Farage. They have taken advantage of a weak governments and managed to convince a weary populace that people from other countries are to blame. It's not a conspiracy in any sense of the word, it's a movement and it's gathering pace and is emboldened by the election of Trump and by Brexit.
You honestly believe that and you're presuming that most middle to right voters never existed before the likes of trump and farage came along:glare:
I'd say in decades gone by we have more middle to right in this country than middle to left....Just that in the last 15 years change around Europe and here have changed people's minds on what Europe is all about and where it's going.Its just been far to liberal in the last 10/20 years and change is needed fast !!!!

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
Tripadvisor ? Pretty good to see if your hotel room in Krakow is clean and the scrambled egg for breakfast is ok but I really wouldn’t put their opinion forward in a debate about the worlds safest cities.

Fred and Margeret from Shropshire.

It's not tripadvisors opinion. A link from another source is just featured there

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I have been to all of them. Indeed all poor, relatively safe, and certainly no "gangsta" style gangs.

You’ve lost me. The thread started out with people claiming Germany was unsafe due to a bus attack in which no one died. Yet there was a huge terror attack in Mumbai in2008 that accounted for around 165 people. It is still high up on the cities in India likely to have a terror attack according to the FCO (I was researching a trip to India for work the other day). Are you saying Mumbai is safer than Germany?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
You’ve lost me. The thread started out with people claiming Germany was unsafe due to a bus attack in which no one died. Yet there was a huge terror attack in Mumbai in2008 that accounted for around 165 people. It is still high up on the cities in India likely to have a terror attack according to the FCO (I was researching a trip to India for work the other day). Are you saying Mumbai is safer than Germany?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The debate moved on and some people were trying to make a link between crime and poverty and were asking about places with a large population that had a low crime rate. That's how Mumbai came into the mix.

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
As a woman, I wouldn't feel safe in any of them. I would feel safe in Germany.

Haven't been to Mumbai or Cairo for a while, but am in Addis every year and perfectly safe day or night. No problem with Mrs Shingle walking alone in the Piazza (Addis) or Imbaba (Cairo) both poor districts

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
You honestly believe that and you're presuming that most middle to right voters never existed before the likes of trump and farage came along:glare:
I'd say in decades gone by we have more middle to right in this country than middle to left....Just that in the last 15 years change around Europe and here have changed people's minds on what Europe is all about and where it's going.Its just been far to liberal in the last 10/20 years and change is needed fast !!!!

No. I never claimed any of that. You seem to have based a counter argument on nothing but false assumption. Oh, I’ve just seen which poster you are, no surprises there.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I have been to all of them. Indeed all poor, relatively safe, and certainly no "gangsta" style gangs.

:lolol: Did you ever leave your hotel in Mumbai? Come on, it suffers from the issues just like every other major city I’d argue more.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
:lolol: Did you ever leave your hotel in Mumbai? Come on, it suffers from the issues just like every other major city I’d argue more.

Ever since the attacks most Mumbai hotels have levels of security that are mind boggling by western standards, even places like London or Paris which have suffered multiple attacks.

As a regular visitor over many years to Mumbai the attacks utterly transformed the city. To compare Berlin, an utter global backwater which has no colonial link to Islamic countries like London or Paris or in India’s case an internal and immediate external link to Islam, is laughable anyway.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Dr Bandler

Dec 17, 2005
Peterborough

Yes, and I wouldn't describe it as the most comfortable experience in the world, but I didn't feel unsafe (unlike, for example, in Johannesburg). Interestingly, Cairo used to be much safer under Mubarak, but once he was gone and the Muslim Brotherhood took over low level crime and crimes against women increased. I am assuming it is decreasing again under el-Sisi.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here