Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Moyes Gone

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
The manager at West Ham doesn't seem to get to choose the signings anyway. They spunked a ridiculous amount (wages mainly) on names not players to fit the team last summer. Expecting similar this year. Everton, I think, cannot be as poor again. They have some decent players already, just need a system and a few astute signings of the kind of player they need (ie no more number 10s).

True actually, Arnautovic apart, (and he can be a moody bugger), West Ham don't have any players that I would want at th Albion.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Who would you pick if you were Dildo Brothers?

They need to get the fans back on side, however West Ham's deluded fans clearly want and expect a glamorous name. But West Ham are too shit to attract anyone like that. I honestly cannot think of anyone, guaranteed a foreign name this time because replacing dinosaur British manager = 'exciting' foreign manager next time.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Yet come November only Pards will still be unemployed (and heading off to the jungle).

What a thought!

I have never voted on a reality TV show, but given the chance to vote for the humiliation and degradation of Alan Pardew, I would happily sell my house and all it's contents to pay the phone bill I would run up.

What West Ham/Everton/anyone needs next is the wise old head of Roy Hodgson. Go on, poach him. It would be so funny.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard

They need to get the fans back on side, however West Ham's deluded fans clearly want and expect a glamorous name. But West Ham are too shit to attract anyone like that. I honestly cannot think of anyone, guaranteed a foreign name this time because replacing dinosaur British manager = 'exciting' foreign manager next time.

Mikel Arteta, if Arsenal don't go for him?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
So two new managers required who will probably no nothing about the squads they are inheriting and the window opens tomorrow and closes early. Interesting. Could work in our favour.
Yeh? Great news for us?

So when in November there are a couple of teams floundering, and we are thinking 'great, that's two down,only one more we've got to finish ahead of' - along come two managers who know nothing about their squads, and suddenly they finish 8th. and 12th..................

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Yeh? Great news for us?

So when in November there are a couple of teams floundering, and we are thinking 'great, that's two down,only one more we've got to finish ahead of' - along come two managers who know nothing about their squads, and suddenly they finish 8th. and 12th..................

I honestly have no idea what you are driveling on about

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR

Hasenhüttl has walked from RB Leipzig this morning. Appears a 'mutual consent' thing over contract extension - or lack of it. Qualified for Europe two seasons on the bounce. Could come to the attention of the Dildo Brothers.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Hasenhüttl has walked from RB Leipzig this morning. Appears a 'mutual consent' thing over contract extension - or lack of it. Qualified for Europe two seasons on the bounce. Could come to the attention of the Dildo Brothers.

Champions League to the London Stadium? Expect he will be aiming higher than that, some decent jobs coming up in Germany this summer. Dortmund amongst them, or if he wanted a project bring Hamburg back up. But definitely a good shout.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Yep, the West Ham board will appoint Fonseca and give the fans attacking football. That is a very risky strategy with their flaky defence.

As for Moyes, I feel sorry for him after the decent job he's done for West Ham and after a basket case season with Sunderland in 2016/17. He needs to do what Chris Hughton did and find a Championship team with the nucleus of a squad and a decent chairman who will back him.

Like Hughton, Moyes is an unfashionable manager but I think a good fit is Peter Coates's Stoke City, where he'd could clear out the troublemakers and get them straight back up again.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
What a thought!

I have never voted on a reality TV show, but given the chance to vote for the humiliation and degradation of Alan Pardew, I would happily sell my house and all it's contents to pay the phone bill I would run up.

What West Ham/Everton/anyone needs next is the wise old head of Roy Hodgson. Go on, poach him. It would be so funny.
Pardew would be kicked off the show for sex pest reasons before he even got to the jungle unfortunately, as I too would love to vote for him to have to eat a crocodile's anus on live TV.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Champions League to the London Stadium? Expect he will be aiming higher than that, some decent jobs coming up in Germany this summer. Dortmund amongst them, or if he wanted a project bring Hamburg back up. But definitely a good shout.

Arsenal?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Yep, the West Ham board will appoint Fonseca and give the fans attacking football. That is a very risky strategy with their flaky defence.

As for Moyes, I feel sorry for him after the decent job he's done for West Ham and after a basket case season with Sunderland in 2016/17. He needs to do what Chris Hughton did and find a Championship team with the nucleus of a squad and a decent chairman who will back him.

Like Hughton, Moyes is an unfashionable manager but I think a good fit is Peter Coates's Stoke City, where he'd could clear out the troublemakers and get them straight back up again.

That will be Middlesboro for Moyes then.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Thought they had gone cold on him. He would be a more sensible appointment than Arteta anyway.

It's Arteta, to be confirmed soon.

The imaginative Arsenal Board are copying Guardiola and have started by nicking his right hand man.

IMG_2621.PNG

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Toffees and Hammers, 2 clubs with fans with over inflated expectations and little footballing knowledge.

Im backing West Ham to go down next year as they are beginning to conjure up the term, Basket Case, on an increasingly regular basis.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here