Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Uwe returns home to Paderborn sv

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
I stand to be corrected, but I think Paderborn were promoted this season into the German second division.

Promoted to Bundesliga 2. Previously they fell from Bundesliga to Bundesliga 3 in quick succession. Ironically they only escaped relegation to the forth tier last season due to 1860 Munich being refused a licence to play in liga 3 after relegation from 2 due to 'financial issues'. 1860 went straight through to Regionalliga, thus saving Paderborn who took full advantage of 1860's misfortune.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
I think it's an excellent move for him. He was an ideal 4th choice for us but we've always had great CBs for the level we play at and he gave 2 years as an extremely professional squad player. Deserves to be playing somewhere now and I think others in a similar position who's contracts are expiring or who haven't broken into the team at all this year will do likewise.

I'm sure we have a great dressing room and training ground atmosphere and it's the ideal place to be a back-up, but nobody with hunger and drive will want to be a back-up long unless they are both young and progressing year on year towards more inclusion.

All the best Uwe!

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Sad he never really got his chance. Never let us down when we needed him. Really hope all goes well with his move back home.

Thanks BFG and good luck!

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Normally when it comes to this time of the season fans are happy to see the club have a good clear out and not batter an eye lid with those being released(mostly)

Already two players have said goodbye and with a heavy heart i'm sad to see them go. Two great professionals who were well liked.

Saying that we need to move onto the next level as a Premier league club and build for the future.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Normally when it comes to this time of the season fans are happy to see the club have a good clear out and not batter an eye lid with those being released(mostly)

Already two players have said goodbye and with a heavy heart i'm sad to see them go. Two great professionals who were well liked.

Saying that we need to move onto the next level as a Premier league club and build for the future.

:thumbsup:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Promoted to Bundesliga 2. Previously they fell from Bundesliga to Bundesliga 3 in quick succession. Ironically they only escaped relegation to the forth tier last season due to 1860 Munich being refused a licence to play in liga 3 after relegation from 2 due to 'financial issues'. 1860 went straight through to Regionalliga, thus saving Paderborn who took full advantage of 1860's misfortune.

I presume they’ve moved out of the Allianz Arena now?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here