Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The Inaugural Nations League draw , Today 11 am ish

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
The best bit of that game? Playing 3 lions at the end, specifically to piss the Croatian's off who moaned about it at the WC. Lovren's face was a picture.

Portugal in the summer you say. #skyscanner

I love this England team. Best since Euro 96.

I'm thinking the same.

Flight prices will soar from now, so worth getting in quick.

Follow England awaaaaaaay :thumbsup:

I fancy some of this.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Big question is: when we win this thing in June will it count as 'ending 50-odd years of hurt'? (Should probably be a poll)

Some context: The FA lists "Winners, Tournoi de France 1997" under major honours.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
I was at Wembley yesterday, what a final 13 minutes!

People complain about the travel situation at the Amex but **** me getting to and out of Wembley is utterly shit. We arrived 45 mins before kick off and missed the first 15 mins because of the queues getting into the ground. £4.10 for a tiny portion of chips and £5.20 for a tiny bottle of Budweiser. We’re so lucky to have the Amex and all that it offers in terms of food and drink. Despite the result I’m reluctant to go back to Wembley any time soon.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Hope we win it, although still getting my head around the harsh and volatile qualifying format.

One minute we're bottom and relegated, the next we're Group champs.

What gives?

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Big question is: when we win this thing in June will it count as 'ending 50-odd years of hurt'? (Should probably be a poll)

Some context: The FA lists "Winners, Tournoi de France 1997" under major honours.

Too early for cynicism against your own nation.

Just proud that we finally have an England team who play good football, whilst winning.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Holland need only to draw against whipping boys Germany to pip France to the last semi-final spot.

It's a shock Germany 2 - 0 Holland scoreline as it stands.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Sounds like I watched the wrong match; was watching Duffy defend for RoI in a 0-0 draw with Denmark.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Also, the dead atmosphere in the stadium suggests it's high time that England played less games at Wembley and moved round the country. That game deserved a much better atmosphere than the silence which greeted most of it.

That is the exact opposite to what Lee Dixon and Ian Wright said on the ITV highlights show as they were saying how good the atmosphere and supports was.

D

Deleted member 18477

UEFA Nations league is like winning the League Cup
Winning the Euro's is like winning the FA Cup or Europa League
Winning the World Cup is like winning the Premier League or Champs League

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
UEFA Nations league is like winning the League Cup
Winning the Euro's is like winning the FA Cup or Europa League
Winning the World Cup is like winning the Premier League or Champs League
It's a decent analogy (club v country) except winning the World Cup is still way bigger than winning the CL or the PL. Imo.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here