Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Team v Cardiff

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
:lolol::lolol::lolol:

Excellent observation. Chris is going to need to dust off his file named "Press Conference clichés when playing a lower ranked team away from home".

"They've not found life easy since promotion but then we know ourselves how hard it can be in this division"

"I have got a lot of respect for [insert name of opposition manager]. He has done an excellent job down there / up there (delete as necessary)"

"It is always a hard place to go. They have a great support and our job is to quieten them down"

"They will be looking at this as a game from which they need to take points"

"We will need to be at our levels to take anything from the game"

I'd put my life savings on this one! (£78.21)

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
I've got a strong feeling that Andone is going to start tomorrow, team I think will be:

Ryan
Bruno - Dunk - Duffy - Bong
Knocky - Stephens - Kayal - Izquierdo
Andone
Murray

We know he'll put March there but I think it's been proven he is not contributing enough in the no 10 role.
Andone's cameo last week was positive and I'd like to see him get a game now. Cardiff are essentially a Championship outfit, so let's go back (for this game) to 4-4-2 as if it is a Championship game.

As long as we keep Murphy quiet we should stop them from scoring.

Bald Gull

Jul 5, 2003
London
I've got a strong feeling that Andone is going to start tomorrow, team I think will be:

Ryan
Andone
Murray

We know he'll put March there but I think it's been proven he is not contributing enough in the no 10 role.
Andone's cameo last week was positive and I'd like to see him get a game now. Cardiff are essentially a Championship outfit, so let's go back (for this game) to 4-4-2 as if it is a Championship game.

Would love that team!

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
A few of the players have been saying good things about Andone, I’m really looking forward to seeing him play. Hopefully on Saturday.

I’d also love to see a return to 442.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
It doesn’t have to be a rigid 4-4-2 I just want more of a threat than March or Bissouma nearest to Murray.
March works hard but he does not look a threat in that role, it was no coincidence that his assist last Saturday came from the left wing!!!!!

Bones

Oct 25, 2006
Portslade

Ryan
Andone
Murray

It will be this apart from Locadia instead of Andone is my bet.

Sent from my STF-L09 using Tapatalk

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Loving how the 'I wannabe disappointed' are approaching this.
Expecting Mr Hughton to change players and formation. :facepalm: :lol:

Guess what folks you're going to be disappointed AGAIN.

As CH has the opportunity to his Championship side (9 of them) he will, why are you not used to this by now>

The Tactician

Feb 18, 2013
Question about who'll be on the bench with Ali J out and Knockaert likely to take his place...Propper and Gross still unavailable, so Montoya? Otherwise, it would be a case of giving a chance to one of our under 23's, Gyokores or Connolly perhaps.

Ryan
Bruno Duffy Dunk Bong
Knockaert Stephens Kayal Izquierdo
March
Murray

Subs: Steele, Bernardo, Balogun, Montoya*, Bissouma, Locadia, Andone, Gyokeres/Connolly*

*One or the other

Knocky has been very unlucky not to be playing no disrespect to AJ who has put in decent shifts, so am pleased with the likely starting team

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I think if Andone is going to start it will be instead of Muzza.

Indeed. I have been, and still am, struggling with two schools of thought out there...

1. "Why did we bring in Andone if we're not going to play him?"
2. Lineups that include Andone and Murray starting.

The answer to 1 lies in the miracle of Glenn Murray. If you want Andone to play you are advocating the dropping of Murray. Really? Do you want that? Do you think Hughton will do that right now?

The answer to 2 lies in the number of times Chris Hughton has started two out-and-out strikers in the Premier League. Any advances on zero? Anyone? One, anyone?

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Indeed. I have been, and still am, struggling with two schools of thought out there...

1. "Why did we bring in Andone if we're not going to play him?"
2. Lineups that include Andone and Murray starting.

The answer to 1 lies in the miracle of Glenn Murray. If you want Andone to play you are advocating the dropping of Murray. Really? Do you want that? Do you think Hughton will do that right now?

The answer to 2 lies in the number of times Chris Hughton has started two out-and-out strikers in the Premier League. Any advances on zero? Anyone? One, anyone?

It’s time for two up top. We are playing Cardiff... not Man City... end of argument.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Not really, he’s clearly not seriously injured. I’d just rather we played someone who a) looks like he wants to be there and b) has more physicality than a 15 year old.

Overly critical nonsense

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Or just carry on doing his interviews the way he is.....simpler still

No, he shouldn’t big up inferior opposition...

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
:lolol::lolol::lolol:

Excellent observation. Chris is going to need to dust off his file named "Press Conference clichés when playing a lower ranked team away from home".

"They've not found life easy since promotion but then we know ourselves how hard it can be in this division"

"I have got a lot of respect for [insert name of opposition manager]. He has done an excellent job down there / up there (delete as necessary)"

"It is always a hard place to go. They have a great support and our job is to quieten them down"

"They will be looking at this as a game from which they need to take points"

"We will need to be at our levels to take anything from the game"

Like [emoji106]

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
As all three pundits said several times after Juv v Man Utd game how important it is when playing away to stay in the game I thought how often have I heard that before. Houghton will play with one up and try and stay in game for 70mins.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here