Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Worst TV "comedy" ever?

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I am amazed that so many of NSC's finest failed to 'get' Miranda... it was comedy genius.

There was something to 'get' with a fat ugly bird constantly falling over ? Blimey.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Miranda, which if this goes to a poll will actually win a deserved comedy award.

I always wonder with these non funny comedies if anyone would actually laugh if the laughing soundtrack was not played, or the studio audience hadn't been told and made to laugh.

Also another vote for citizen Khan
Vicious
Bad Education
Mrs Browns boys

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Going back a bit, but The Liver Birds was complete non-comedy tosh rescued only by the norks of Nerys Hughes.

Comedian-wise, how the hell has Lenny Henry managed to get by for forty years on his one "I'm from Dood-lay" routine? And Jimmy Cricket can do one!

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
I have never met a single person who likes Mrs Browns Boys, so who are these braindead c*nts keep watching it to the point it churns out series after series and has its own movie ffs?

:angry:

Old people. I think the main attraction for them is that it features a man who's not really a woman dressed up as a woman.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Without wishing to derail the thread I think that's a tad harsh. A couple of recent ones, albeit not on BBC1, Touchstone 42 and Cradle to the Grave I thought were very good.

Agreed that Touchstone 42 has been entertaining - but for every one of those there's a 'Some Girls'...their attempt at an all-girl Inbetweeners that is about as funny as a terminal illness.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

happygull

Dec 28, 2011
Throwing my hat in the ring .... chalk up another for Miranda and also The green green grass

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Spin-offs from successful comedies generally are. The only one which springs to mind to buck that trend is Frasier.

I'm sure there must be others.

I'm afraid I found Frasier to be unspeakably awful too, but then I didn't like the orginal either. I'm not saying that the series was bad per se, more a case of me not appreciating the American sense of humour I guess. I had similar problems with Cheers, and Friends, both phemomenal successes, but just not for me.

I feel that I have to stick up for Mirana Hart too, who I find an absolute delight, and a very funny lady.

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
I'm afraid I found Frasier to be unspeakably awful too, but then I didn't like the orginal either. I'm not saying that the series was bad per se, more a case of me not appreciating the American sense of humour I guess. I had similar problems with Cheers, and Friends, both phemomenal successes, but just not for me.

I feel that I have to stick up for Mirana Hart too, who I find an absolute delight, and a very funny lady.

I don't think there's a cultural (rather than a political or football) post I could feel more opposed to (with the exception of agreeing Friends is excrutiating).

Frasier was class. Miranda is as funny as... Miranda (I can't think of another cultural nadir).

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Old people. I think the main attraction for them is that it features a man who's not really a woman dressed up as a woman.

I see you know [MENTION=3733]papajaff[/MENTION]

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Really suprised when people put the mainstream ones like Friends, Fraser etc as their worst EVER.

Sure, it may be that everyone else LOVED them and you weren't keen meaning your defiance was a statement against the masses, but I'd be amazed if you actually though they were the WORST comedy EVER.

Or maybe I'm overthinking it :lolol:

I remember my friend making me watch Two and Half men and not even a smirk arriving at any point but again, there must be something I've seen which actually offended me with it's crapness.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Ah! It's come to me.

Last of the Summer Wine. I think the fact it was on a Sunday at dinner time was kind of the ultimate "Yes, that's right, your weekend is over and it's Monday tomorrow".

But then, there may have been one time I smirked at someone falling into a cow pat or something.....

Thimble Keegan

Remy LeBeau
Jul 7, 2003
Rustington, Littlehampton
Not a sitcom but surprised that nobody has mentioned Celebrity Juice yet. Shite tv made for braindead bellends.

I am with you on this as everything Leigh Francis does is complete toilet...The bloke is a total bell-end.

The same goes for James Corden too as he is an absolute tool...He never has been and never will be funny.

Albion & England forever.

Thimble Keegan
Littlehampton BHA

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here