Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] The future of faith: young people switched off?

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
It's only pity I have for you, not hate. I note that you are using the usual troll reply of "ignore all the substance of the post and attempt deflection". It doesn't work by the way. It never works.

So, to actually reply to your points (as you don't do), no I don't need to "get into some sort of spiritual belief" as I'm perfectly happy as I am. I do the right thing on a daily basis. I don't upset people, I don't get angry, I'm polite and friendly, I'm a courteous driver, I give to charity (but I don't like to talk about it), I'll do a favour for anyone etc etc etc. Why do I need a "belief" to live my life correctly when I'm already doing it?

"Stubborn unforgiving hate". I've just pointed out that you're a liar and a fantasist. That's a fact, I don't have any hate for you whatsoever.

How am I getting "confused" when you haven't addressed my observations whatsoever? I merely made the point that someone who believes in crazy ****wittery re 9/11 and the moon landings might just not be the person I'd want in my corner if I were arguing about the existence of God.

You're well out of your depth as ever though so it doesn't really matter to me, mate.

Regards

LL XXX

Jesus! You really are putting a lot of time and effort into this.

I can only pray you're below the age of 12.

Either way, cheer up mate. It's only nsc.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Jesus! You really are putting a lot of time and effort into this.

I can only pray you're below the ag of 12

No response to the facts and plays the "oh you must be a child" card. Well done on proving my point quite spectacularly.

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Annoys is probably over egging it really.

If I said I had some magic beans that could grow a huge beanstalk to a castle with a giant in it in the sky I'd be derided.
If I said I rode unicorns around my garden each evening I'd be derided.
If I said I'd had a messages from the fairies in the local forest that the world was about to end I'd be derided.
If I said I believed in an all encompassing being that had a son via a virgin who carried out some remarkable miracles and rose from the dead I'd be called a Christian and considered sane.

To paraphrase Sam Harris; if you thought that saying a few words over your pancakes at breakfast would turn them into the body of Elvis Presley you would be called a lunatic but if you believed that saying some words over a wafer on a Sunday would turn it into the body of Christ, you are a Christian.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Of course not. The critical difference is I don’t expect an institutional wide coverup in education!

But there has been, and in council children's homes, and in football too.

People are ambitious, so think of their own positions rather than dealing with dreadful situations. The church had never been & never will be perfect. The problem is the bad ones attract a lot of publicity whereas the good ones go unnoticed.
Even when people give their lives up to work with the poor & the destitute, you will get people willing to try & dig the dirt. Mother Theresa, for example, was criticised by some.
Wilberforth who helped the abolition of slavery not because he was against it but because he thought he wouldn't get into heaven if he didn't, there's something unnerving that it wasn't a human moral decision but a selfish one

Have you got a notation for that?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
To paraphrase Sam Harris; if you thought that saying a few words over your pancakes at breakfast would turn them into the body of Elvis Presley you would be called a lunatic but if you believed that saying some words over a wafer on a Sunday would turn it into the body of Christ, you are a Christian.

Only Roman Catholics beilieve in transubstantiation. To other Christians, it's just an act of remembrance.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
No response to the facts and plays the "oh you must be a child" card. Well done on proving my point quite spectacularly.

Your point was completely based on me.

Like i said before. Give it a break. NSC is not the meaning to life and I'm not the anti-Christ.

PS I hope this random outburst about me has nothing to do with that private message you sent me a few months ago. If so, bloody hell. You really do let things build up in your head, don't you mate?

Last edited:

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
But there has been, and in council children's homes, and in football too.

People are ambitious, so think of their own positions rather than dealing with dreadful situations. The church had never been & never will be perfect. The problem is the bad ones attract a lot of publicity whereas the good ones go unnoticed.
Even when people give their lives up to work with the poor & the destitute, you will get people willing to try & dig the dirt. Mother Theresa, for example, was criticised by some.

Good, so like me you see the church as no different to a private business, football club or a local authority. I am glad we can agree on that. There is nothing special about the church, just as susceptible to crime, abuse, malpractice as anyone else.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Good, so like me you see the church as no different to a private business, football club or a local authority. I am glad we can agree on that. There is nothing special about the church, just as susceptible to crime, abuse, malpractice as anyone else.

No, I don't see the church like a private business. The one thing the church has in common with the others is human beings. Criminals are deceptive, and pretend to do all the right things to get into positions of power. Unfortunately peados don't walk through the door with a tattoo on their foreheads.
All we can do is the correct checks, don't allow anyone to help with the youth & children until they've proved trustworthy, just the same way as you would in your own family.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
No, I don't see the church like a private business. The one thing the church has in common with the others is human beings. Criminals are deceptive, and pretend to do all the right things to get into positions of power. Unfortunately peados don't walk through the door with a tattoo on their foreheads.
All we can do is the correct checks, don't allow anyone to help with the youth & children until they've proved trustworthy, just the same way as you would in your own family.

And we get back to my first point. It wasn't just one football club covering up abuse, or one local authority, or one child care home, the Church covered up abuse, worldwide, systematically to the extent that it was a known issue through so many facets as to have what you would describe as non-criminals covering up and retaining the abusers in their positions for fear of a scandal. It should have been unforgiveable, an institutional sin like no other. And yet its pretty much carry on as normal. No institutional wide investigations, limited convictions, acting with impunity. What is the point of the correct checks if those in charge will cover up and turn a blind eye to avoid a scandal? Cardinal Law as an example systematically moved abusive priests from parish to parish, allowing the abuse to continue unchecked to save the face of the church. What happened, he was promoted to Rome, and got a blessing from his Pope upon his death. Law was not alone, his case is mirrored around the world. 1000s of cases still being processed. The scale and scope just seems so ill understood. People don't want to accept or believe it. Just a few bad apples. Yeah right.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
And we get back to my first point. It wasn't just one football club covering up abuse, or one local authority, or one child care home, the Church covered up abuse, worldwide, systematically to the extent that it was a known issue through so many facets as to have what you would describe as non-criminals covering up and retaining the abusers in their positions for fear of a scandal. It should have been unforgiveable, an institutional sin like no other. And yet its pretty much carry on as normal. No institutional wide investigations, limited convictions, acting with impunity. What is the point of the correct checks if those in charge will cover up and turn a blind eye to avoid a scandal? Cardinal Law as an example systematically moved abusive priests from parish to parish, allowing the abuse to continue unchecked to save the face of the church. What happened, he was promoted to Rome, and got a blessing from his Pope upon his death. Law was not alone, his case is mirrored around the world. 1000s of cases still being processed. The scale and scope just seems so ill understood. People don't want to accept or believe it. Just a few bad apples. Yeah right.

I have never been a Catholic, so I can't answer for Rome.
I did work in the Criminal Justice system & over 80% of child abuse takes place at home within the family.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I have never been a Catholic, so I can't answer for Rome.
I did work in the Criminal Justice system & over 80% of child abuse takes place at home within the family.

Okay, we have reached a point where you absolutely do not want to see the point I'm making, or simply I can't make it well enough.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Your point was completely based on me.

Like i said before. Give it a break. NSC is not the meaning to life and I'm not the anti-Christ.

PS I hope this random outburst about me has nothing to do with that private message you sent me a few months ago. If so, bloody hell. You really do let things build up in your head, don't you mate?
I have never sent you a private message. Please stop lying.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Yes you did. In case you've forgotten, it was in response to me outing you out for previously having mutiple accounts. You obviously haven't let it drop.

I'll be sending out positive thoughts for you. God bless.
What the **** are you on about? Firstly I've only ever had one account. Secondly you haven't ever "outed" me about anything. Thirdly I have NEVER sent you a message on this forum or in any other way.

I'm sure this can be checked by a moderator but I'd really appreciate it if you'd stop lying about me on a public forum.

You clearly have some issues but I'm not going to accept defamatory bullshit from you.

Post the "message" please. Oh, you can't because it doesn't exist and never did.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
What the **** are you on about? Firstly I've only ever had one account. Secondly you haven't ever "outed" me about anything. Thirdly I have NEVER sent you a message on this forum or in any other way.

I'm sure this can be checked by a moderator but I'd really appreciate it if you'd stop lying about me on a public forum.

You clearly have some issues but I'm not going to accept defamatory bullshit from you.

Post the "message" please. Oh, you can't because it doesn't exist and never did.

You know it's true what I'm saying. Why else would you just randomly bring up multiple accounts, 9/11 and the moon landing on a thread like this if you weren't seething about something to do with me?

You are obviously still very hurt from the accusation and I'm sorry it's effected your well being.

Next time I'll be more considerate to your sensitivity and hopefully we can both make posts without either of us jumping on them with completely unrelated subjects mixed with a load of crappy insults.

If you want, I'll give a thumbs up to all your posts on this thread just to cheer you up and make the peace. Sounds good?

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
You know it's true what I'm saying. Why else would you just randomly bring up multiple accounts, 9/11 and the moon landing on a thread like this if you weren't seething about something to do with me?

You are obviously still very hurt from the accusation and I'm sorry it's effected your well being.

Next time I'll be more considerate to your sensitivity and hopefully we can both make posts without either of us jumping on them with completely unrelated subjects mixed with a load of crappy insults.

If you want, I'll give a thumbs up to all your posts on this thread just to cheer you up and make the peace. Sounds good?
You're completely insane.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Last edited:

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012

Most Christian Churches would not, I believe, accept the doctrine of transubstantiation..... I think that's the right word for it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here