Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] MOT CARE Worthing - avoid

Worthing exile

May 12, 2009
As a warning to fellow Worthing based NSCers, don't use MOT CARE (aka MOTEST) at 6 Silverdale, Meadow Road (near the Greenhouse charity shop).

After getting caught in traffic yesterday crossing Worthing, I was 6 minutes late for my 8:30 MOT and the man on reception just laughed and said 'too late he won't do it now' I thought at first he was winding me up but he wasn't.

If you think this is a one-off, just look at their feedback. Comments of of rude and arrogant staff and allegations of made up work following failed MOTs.

Steer clear. There are plenty of decent garages out there.

Worthing exile

May 12, 2009
They actually sent me a survey for feedback so I gave the full story. Hopefully someone at Head Office will take it up.

They use to be very good there. Don't know what has gone wrong.

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013
Never had an issue with the one in Brighton either, taken both cars there for the last 5 years and they've only ever failed on minor stuff or stuff that I already knew about.

Chinman3000

Sep 28, 2011
Didn't that place used to be 'Just MOT's'?

The whole principal of the business was supposed to be the fact they only do MOT's and so there's no risk of false issues s they wouldn't get the work.

Looking at their websites, seems they are just like any other garage now

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Another beef of mine as I do not think that garages that carry out repairs should be able to do MOT s. I think that MOTs should be done at a centre that only does that so there is nothing to be gained by failing a car.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Motest Brighton (previously Just MOTs) still seem lovely to me.
Mind you I've never turned up late for an appointment, let alone an early one when they might not be running behind.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Didn't that place used to be 'Just MOT's'?

The whole principal of the business was supposed to be the fact they only do MOT's and so there's no risk of false issues s they wouldn't get the work.

Looking at their websites, seems they are just like any other garage now

That's what I thought - used the one in Hove for years. On the odd failure I've then taken the car to Bells in Hollingbury or Hangleton Motors in ... err .... Hangleton. Just MOTs has never suggested who I use or that they could fix anything ( excluding a one off bulb once ).

EDIT - from their website "Repairs - We DON'T do repairs and will give an unbiased assessment of your vehicle."

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Another beef of mine as I do not think that garages that carry out repairs should be able to do MOT s. I think that MOTs should be done at a centre that only does that so there is nothing to be gained by failing a car.

Life is so terribly inconvenient for you, isn’t it.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley

Bloody annoying when they could have adjusted your headlamp on the spot and passed it though?

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
There's a garage in Brighton, the proprietors big BHA fans and very nice people, who seem to find a fair bit that needs doing each time you book in for an MOT or service, based on personal experience and that of acquaintances, sometimes work being done that almost certainly didn't need doing.

D

Deleted member 2719

I have delt with several of the Motest garages and always found them to be good payers and happy staff, however I can't comment on the Brighton branch.
Turning up late for an MOT is not ideal for a busy garage, it doesn't excuse the rudeness though.

I have also heard many customers who have quite frankly been a pain in the arse....... not you though.:whistle:

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
As a warning to fellow Worthing based NSCers, don't use MOT CARE (aka MOTEST) at 6 Silverdale, Meadow Road (near the Greenhouse charity shop).

After getting caught in traffic yesterday crossing Worthing, I was 6 minutes late for my 8:30 MOT and the man on reception just laughed and said 'too late he won't do it now' I thought at first he was winding me up but he wasn't.

If you think this is a one-off, just look at their feedback. Comments of of rude and arrogant staff and allegations of made up work following failed MOTs.

So,YOU were late but you are slagging them off? The vehicle legally has to be plugged in/attached to the testing equipment for a given amount of time, the test itself is allocated to take 30 minutes. Other vehicles will have been booked in from exactly 9.00 onwards, it means that the garage can maximise the use of their labour. But you think that you should not only be allowed to screw their booking system up, but also make spurious claims about the honesty of the garage when you don't get your own way. Have a look in the mirror chap!

mune ni kamome

Jun 5, 2011
Worthing

Could you tell me where you are viewing the feedback

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
to be honest I think this is a good point from BG

Ok, so there should be a central testing station, everyone’s cars are MOT’d there, and when they fail...? We’d have a lot of people driving around without MOT’s looking for a garage to suddenly fit them in? Can see that working well for the patient Great British public. For a lot of people it’s extremely convenient to have the work repaired and retested there and then. Yes, I’m sure SOME garages stretch the truth a bit, but in my experience the majority of them are pretty straight.

scooter1

How soon is now?
This principle works in Spain, where MOT centres are government run and that's all they do. They also take your documents at the point where they do the test, and only return them once the car has passed, either first time or by re-test. You then get a small window sticker with the expiry date, so it's easy for local plod/guardia to check on untested cars

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here