Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Liberal SJW professor owned by smart conservative student (and Milo)

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
I'm convinced too that the reasons for his war on third-wave feminism isn't driven by anything noble but just plain old misogyny. He also finds it nigh on impossible to hide his racism. Yes, I know he has a black husband/boyfriend but every time he says anything regarding race, the overwhelming impression he gives is that he thinks white people are intellectually and morally superior.

As with fellow alt-right narcissist Farage, he's not half as clever or important as he thinks he is. News stations continue to book him because he's guaranteed to shock.

"I'm convinced" - translation, "I cannot demonstrate".

"[He] gives the overwhelming impression" - translation - "He doesn't say".

I would encourage people to judge someone by what they say, not by what other people say about them.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
I think you missed the bit where I quoted the Huff Post, said I'd read his twitter posts from early on and knew one of his writers. Got any comeback on that?

Yeah don't read HuffPost either.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I think there's a lot of truth in what both Dingo Dan and Midnight Rendezvous are saying. Dismissing concerns of white working-class Britons as racist was what gave the BNP so much help in their brief success. We should be able to talk about things without the fear of being labelled racist but a lot of the times it is impossible. An example would be white working-class boys who are now the group most likely to fail at school. They need help and now but there is no impetus to do it whereas I am sure that would not be true if they were another colour.

It needs politicians and race equality campaigners to recognise these legitimate problems but there always seems to be a presumption that anything at all that specifically tries to improve the lives of white people must be racist.

Likewise though, those people who are trying to raise awareness of these white-specific issues need to call out people like Milo who are just in it for their ego and are simply using these issues to hide behind whilst they race-bait. Black Britons have exactly the same problem with any campaign exclusive to them being commandeered by Diane Abbottt et al.

Problem is though, that offence is now so easily taken that it's difficult to get a debate going so oxygen thieves like Abbott and Milo can carry on making things worse.

larus

But there is ample evidence that suggests that immigration is a massive boost to the economy. The current strains on the NHS, schools and local government are not because of immigration. They’re because of the policies of our current government. Part of the issue is that people don’t want to hear that. They want to hear that immigration and immigrants are making things worse or harder, and that, in spite of all the evidence to the contrary, is when accusations of xenophobia start getting thrown around.

Yes immigration is beneficial, but I believe that you are using the benefits of controlled immigration and saying they apply to mass, uncontrolled immigration which is clearly not the case. The UK population hit 60m circa 2004, and it’s now about 68.5m. That’s a lot of extra people to be absorbed into the country. We already had housing issues and this has been a problem for a long time so can’t be blamed on one party.
The perverse thing is the liberals/greens want immigration, but they also oppose development. The planning process is a joke (and I speak from first hand experience here). We need to free up more land for building if we’re going to solve this issue - can’t see that being agreed by many though.
So no, I don’t accept your simplistic view that open borders is a good thing and beneficial. Again, do not confuse that view with a racist/xenophobic view.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
From my experience (in the wider world and on NSC) it’s usually a case of white, middle class men who hold this delusion that they can say anything they want and not get called on it. The kind of people who usually start sentences with “I’m not racist but...”

Yes, they tend to be called racist by the kind of people determined to see racism behind every bush, and simply want to interpret even the most innocent of remarks as racism.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
"I'm convinced" - translation, "I cannot demonstrate".

"[He] gives the overwhelming impression" - translation - "He doesn't say".

I would encourage people to judge someone by what they say, not by what other people say about them.

Sorry but I don't get where you're going with the synonyms. Of course I can't demonstrate but It's also not my job to try to prove what I think.

You're also rephrasing my words as if I've tried to say something that isn't true. "I'm convinced" means just that. The same goes for your other one. Of course he doesn't say. That's why I said he gives the impression. I'm giving my opinion and making it very clear it's just an opinion.

If you want to stick solely to factual objective statements then you had better ask a Mod to delete every post you've made in this thread.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
I think there's a lot of truth in what both Dingo Dan and Midnight Rendezvous are saying. Dismissing concerns of white working-class Britons as racist was what gave the BNP so much help in their brief success. We should be able to talk about things without the fear of being labelled racist but a lot of the times it is impossible. An example would be white working-class boys who are now the group most likely to fail at school. They need help and now but there is no impetus to do it whereas I am sure that would not be true if they were another colour.
Or if they were girls.

It needs politicians and race equality campaigners to recognise these legitimate problems but there always seems to be a presumption that anything at all that specifically tries to improve the lives of white people must be racist.
Yes, and the same happens for concern about issues effecting men being turned into sexism

ILikewise though, those people who are trying to raise awareness of these white-specific issues need to call out people like Milo who are just in it for their ego and are simply using these issues to hide behind whilst they race-bait. Black Britons have exactly the same problem with any campaign exclusive to them being commandeered by Diane Abbottt et al.
He's provocative, but he's genuine, I think one big thing we all need to do is recognize that other people with views we don't agree with are sincere in what they believe, and we should not impart motives on other people, we can't know what someone else thinks or what motivates them, we shouldn't pretend we can.

IProblem is though, that offence is now so easily taken that it's difficult to get a debate going so oxygen thieves like Abbott and Milo can carry on making things worse.
People like Milo provoke debate, they don't stifle it, this thread and conversation is a case in point, but what is also required is that we commit to being civil and respectful to one another, and listen honestly and openly to each other, and hear what each other are saying

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
But there is ample evidence that suggests that immigration is a massive boost to the economy. The current strains on the NHS, schools and local government are not because of immigration. They’re because of the policies of our current government. Part of the issue is that people don’t want to hear that. They want to hear that immigration and immigrants are making things worse or harder, and that, in spite of all the evidence to the contrary, is when accusations of xenophobia start getting thrown around.

Do you not think that this is just that shade simplistic? I strongly suspect that the strains are due to many factors, two of which you mention. Its no wonder you see racism everywhere, when you are so determined to view matters in such a narrow manner.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
People like Milo provoke debate

The kind of debate he invokes though is not the sort of debate that's needed. It needs calm heads, grown-up attitudes and a willingness to listen.He's a polemicist and extremely arrogant with it. If you use Milo as your poster boy for any of these campaigns then I can quite understand why it gets labelled racist, sexist, whatever. The bloke is toxic.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
The kind of debate he invokes though is not the sort of debate that's needed. It needs calm heads, grown-up attitudes and a willingness to listen.He's a polemicist and extremely arrogant with it. If you use Milo as your poster boy for any of these campaigns then I can quite understand why it gets labelled racist, sexist, whatever. The bloke is toxic.

So much for that willingness to listen. Willingness to debate isn't usually a problem when it comes to people you find agreeable. It is only difficult and requires effort when it's someone you find disagreeable.

Milo is precisely the person you should want to find a way to be able to engage with if you are serious about debate being important, not because you think he's right or you like him, but because you think he's wrong and you don't like him.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
So much for that willingness to listen. Willingness to debate isn't usually a problem when it comes to people you find agreeable. It is only difficult and requires effort when it's someone you find disagreeable.

Milo is precisely the person you should want to find a way to be able to engage with if you are serious about debate being important, not because you think he's right or you like him, but because you think he's wrong and you don't like him.

Eh? By saying that a bloke with a proven track record for making deliberately offensive statements, for show-boating and being completely unrepentant with it, probably isn't the best person to lead a very serious, difficult debate - and that somehow shows I'm intolerant.

I'll be honest matey, I'm not sure where you're going with this. I think we're done here.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Yes, they tend to be called racist by the kind of people determined to see racism behind every bush, and simply want to interpret even the most innocent of remarks as racism.

Thanks. You’ve inadvertently assisted in proving a point I was making earlier :thumbsup:

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Yes immigration is beneficial, but I believe that you are using the benefits of controlled immigration and saying they apply to mass, uncontrolled immigration which is clearly not the case. The UK population hit 60m circa 2004, and it’s now about 68.5m. That’s a lot of extra people to be absorbed into the country. We already had housing issues and this has been a problem for a long time so can’t be blamed on one party.
The perverse thing is the liberals/greens want immigration, but they also oppose development. The planning process is a joke (and I speak from first hand experience here). We need to free up more land for building if we’re going to solve this issue - can’t see that being agreed by many though.
So no, I don’t accept your simplistic view that open borders is a good thing and beneficial. Again, do not confuse that view with a racist/xenophobic view.

You say my view is simplistic yet you’ve just implied that the housing crisis is due to an increase in population but the issue isn’t just an increase in population. We have thousands of houses that are vacant that aren’t being lived in because they are unaffordable. Again, that’s not because of immigration. It’s when people claim that immigration is the cause of all the countries woes, without mentioning or taking into account other factors or all the positives that come from immigration, that people start being called xenophobic.

Last edited:

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Eh? By saying that a bloke with a proven track record for making deliberately offensive statements, for show-boating and being completely unrepentant with it, probably isn't the best person to lead a very serious, difficult debate - and that somehow shows I'm intolerant.

I'll be honest matey, I'm not sure where you're going with this. I think we're done here.

I never said you were intolerant.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Do you not think that this is just that shade simplistic? I strongly suspect that the strains are due to many factors, two of which you mention. Its no wonder you see racism everywhere, when you are so determined to view matters in such a narrow manner.

Well, criminally underfunding the NHS and schools might have a small impact on their ability to function. As a teacher, I’m pretty sure it’s not the polish lad or the several Pakistani children in my class that mean we can’t afford to buy glue sticks. And I only see racism when people say or do racist things. I know this point seems hard for you to comprehend but what can you do...

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Who the ****s going to watch a video from a renowned paedophile sympathiser. You might as well start posting Gary Glitter videos

Fake news it was a hit piece on him making an inappropriate, hes outed pedophiles and will name some hollywood pedos in his next book, but nice try loser.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here