Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Message to young fans and their mums and dads

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
The lad and his uncle in the front row weren't even Brighton fans anyway. They were Chelsea fans with tickets in the East Stand. (i think i know loads of Albion fans/friends who did likewise for Spurs at Wembley) ...And he said this after...

"Me and my nephew both Chelsea fans cheering Chelsea in the Brighton end and getting hazard shirt different class...Don’t matter who you support fact that hazard gave his shirt to a young fan is class and hel never forget it he couldn’t stop smiling all the way home...Mate I’m not even gonna bother reading the negative ones from sadly lonely men sitting behind there keyboards hazard is a class act my nephew will remember this day forever...He’s a Chelsea fan anyway but even if he wasn’t it wouldn’t matter he’s just been given a shirt by one of worlds best players, I’m gonna write to Chelsea and see if I can get it signed...Would like to say a massive thank you to @hazardeden10 for giving my nephew his shirt yesterday Top man and a different class player the boy is made up your his hero he can’t stop smiling [MENTION=11501]Chelsea[/MENTION]FC ��"
Massive Chelsea fan with not enough points for an away ticket? :lolol:

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Well yes but how many massive fans on here grouching about loyalty points for Arsenal, Spurs etc.
Quite, what really gripes me is the club banning genuine Albion fans for doing not a lot IMO. Yet quite blatantly let away fans take the piss in home ends. If your going to have rules then they should apply for all attending the match. They we're on tv a few times very easy to locate them.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
That’s twitter for you, and those comments made to a child are totally out of order.
Bit of a shame this thread has turned into ‘was the kid right or wrong / does it even matter’ debate.
Never the intention. Who cares?
I was trying to drum up support for the team for our crucial game against West Ham.
I genuinely believe the atmposhere created at some other clubs is generating them the odd point.
And yes, perhaps I am one of those tribal fans. I don’t care how decorated the opposition players are.
no respect. No selfies. No red carpet. No acknowledgement for skilful play.

We've had some good atmospheres at the Amex this season however, it's not that easy to fake it when you are 2-0 down after just 5 minutes!!!

Fran Hagarty

Jul 5, 2003
Mid Sussex
Well if it's any consolation to all the hand wringing on here I took my 9 year old grandson to his first Premier League game yesterday, as we were in the West Upper he couldn't actually ask for any player's shirt. So what did he do? We went to to the club shop and with his savings and Christmas money he bought the third strip black shirt, had his name and No.19 (he likes Jose Izquierdo!) printed on the back. Duly purchased, off came his Maty Ryan goalie top (to be worn another day) and went the little black number. Pleased as Punch, happy as Larry, with no begging or grovelling of any players, he did his bit and supported the club.

It makes me proud. :albion2:

Well done to your grandson. He would make me proud too.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I disagree with some the kid involved is not obsessed with the Albion as I was as a kid. Something's gone wrong over the generations as far to many see the Albion as a second team or somewhere to go to see the 'big teams'.

Something's gone wrong over the generations? You don't ****ing say!!!!!!!!!!!! Yeah, there was that little matter of selling the Goldstone, playing home games for two seasons in Gillingham, then messing about in the bottom two divisions for years at little old Withdean. Somethings gone wrong over the generations............. come on mate, its not hard to see what that 'something' was.

If we want to get them back we have to accept them having a first team of Liverpool, because it will eventually become their second team of Liverpool, followed by them having a soft-spot for Liverpool, followed by their children being passionate Albion fans

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
The lad and his uncle in the front row weren't even Brighton fans anyway. They were Chelsea fans with tickets in the East Stand. (i think i know loads of Albion fans/friends who did likewise for Spurs at Wembley) ...And he said this after...

"Me and my nephew both Chelsea fans cheering Chelsea in the Brighton end and getting hazard shirt different class...Don’t matter who you support fact that hazard gave his shirt to a young fan is class and hel never forget it he couldn’t stop smiling all the way home...Mate I’m not even gonna bother reading the negative ones from sadly lonely men sitting behind there keyboards hazard is a class act my nephew will remember this day forever...He’s a Chelsea fan anyway but even if he wasn’t it wouldn’t matter he’s just been given a shirt by one of worlds best players, I’m gonna write to Chelsea and see if I can get it signed...Would like to say a massive thank you to @hazardeden10 for giving my nephew his shirt yesterday Top man and a different class player the boy is made up your his hero he can’t stop smiling [MENTION=11501]Chelsea[/MENTION]FC ��"
Makes me feel sick

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I haven’t seen anyone picking on the kid?

The Dad, however, is a massive tool.

This is the point isn’t it. Everyone is blaming the Dad, but I think we should nip it in the bud and shame the child.

He’s what? 9 years old? Old enough to know better. He needs to take a long hard look at himself in the mirror and know that he’s let his town down, his team down, but most of all himself down.

He should be named publicly on the front page of the Argus and ridiculed mercilessly by his friends at school. The bullying he receives should result in such extreme anxiety that he drops out of life, becoming addicted to drugs or homeless or the MP for Haversham. Kids need to learn the consequences of asking for a high profile player’s shirt.

Leave the Dad alone. Focus on this spawn of Satan and burn him on a media bonfire of well informed self-righteousness

Little w@nkers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Makes me feel sick

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Bloody right. The grammar is awful.

It’s sad that we have so many supporters of established PL teams in our midst, but that’s still a symptom of the lost years and the Sky sofa saturation of football.

It will change slowly - and is changing. You and I know that the school sports fields of Sussex are now filled with so many more kids sporting the stripes.

It would be interesting to see how many grown men might have acted in the same way had we been play Barcelona and Messi had popped over with his shirt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here