Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The official Mayweather vs McGregor thread

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Total pantomime. Mayweather could have flooded him in first round. Clearly told to carry it and give a show. Makes a mockery of boxing. Pair of them should be ashamed.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
A thug?
How many MMA bouts have you seen out of interest?

Not many as to me it is just street fighting which I did as a teenager no skill or science as I see it. I believe any strong fit hard man could do it but just my opinion. I would prefer to watch the travelers bare knuckle fighting.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Not many to me it is just street fighting which I did as a teenager no skill or science as I see it.
Oh dear BG. If you're just fishing, fair play, but if not please don't be so naive. It's an incredibly skillful sport, even more than boxing is (and yes, I know boxing involves a lot of skill too).

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Just my opinion.
Honestly BG, it's a really uneducated opinion.

They're not animals just biting and gouging etc (obviously against the rules). There is a huge amount of technical skill in the grappling and submission attempts, and defence against it. On top of that you have kick boxing etc, and you have to know how to defend against all of it.

Now if you're too old and don't care for learning about a new sport, no problem and I won't criticise you for it. But having the (clearly wrong) opinion that there's no skill involved just makes you look silly. It would be like a Brit saying there's no skill in American Football, or and American saying there's no skill in cricket - just uneducated foolish remarks.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Boxing is an art form .

Nicely proven Floyd

Mma good in its own right but don't underestimate the art

McGregor v an amateur be a closer fight but end result is he still losses

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
How can boxing be the winner? One of the best fighters ever fights someone who has never won a professional fight.

If you watch FMJ's whole career. You'll see Boxing has been losing for the best part of 20 years now.

Boxing is supposed to be exciting and fun. Last nights fight was probably FMJ best and most exciting fight he's ever been in.

Boxing is really running out of stars to keep interest in the sport hence why MMA is getting bigger PPV numbers now. Boxing is in dire need of help. It's now relying on the MMA stars to keep interest in the Boxing. Fair play and much respect for an MMAnathlete swapping over and being brave enough to face the best in a sports which he is no expert in. Can you imagine FMJ doing that?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here