Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

General Election 2017

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I agree with you. The whole irony of the situation now - The Conservatives being in the coalition of chaos - is laughable. Plenty of UKIP voters from 2015 and Brexit voters from last year voted Labour this time as well and the Tories seemed to just assume they'd vote for them.

I always thought that the UKIPPERS, going over to the Cons was a bit to simple, most of the, if you like, 'working class brexiteers' were probably Labour supporters before UKIP came along. They would have voted leave, and for UKIP in 2015, but once their goal had been achieved why vote for a different party, that neither they or their families had ever voted for. I'm talking more of the Northern electorate, not so much us soft southerners, I can't imagine many in places like Stoke, Barnsley etc are natural Tory voting towns

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Interesting times.

I tend to agree with Yvette cooper. For this negotiation we need to have a collection of views, not just a discredited party leader who is stumbling on as if nothing has happened....gove to environment secretary when he is a climate change denier..wtf is she doing?

The phrase " hell hath no fury like a woman scorned" seems to be apt now for George Osborne...he is really after her! Wonder how she sacked him?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I don't think May will make it past the first month of negotiations.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
I always thought that the UKIPPERS, going over to the Cons was a bit to simple, most of the, if you like, 'working class brexiteers' were probably Labour supporters before UKIP came along. They would have voted leave, and for UKIP in 2015, but once their goal had been achieved why vote for a different party, that neither they or their families had ever voted for. I'm talking more of the Northern electorate, not so much us soft southerners, I can't imagine many in places like Stoke, Barnsley etc are natural Tory voting towns

Totally. Same in South Wales too. From direct personal experience, I knew of plenty of UKIP/Brexit voters in Hastings who weren't going to vote Tory this time.

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
It isn't out of date. People can only vote for the choices they're given. People want to leave the EU, but have free trade with the EU - which party were they supposed to vote for?
The votes in the poll were private, no one gets to see how you voted.

That says "People want to scrap EU freedom of movement but continue free trade with Europe". Well yeah, people would like to have their cake and eat it, but that's an unrealistic dream. What is more realistic is you either have free trade and free movement, or neither. With those choices, most people would choose the former.

The point being, you use one poll in your favour to further you argument. And when a balanced poll which is only a few months old counters your argument, you diminish it. I disagree with you that people would choose both and so do both the main parties.
You could have had an argument for this a month ago, however, like it or not, the recent terror attacks will have probably changed public opinion more in favour doing away from freedom of movement. Fear plays a big factor in that, despite the fact the terrorists were born here, public opinion would have changed.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.in...rmit-visas-free-movement-eu-a7738326.html?amp

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Interesting times.

I tend to agree with Yvette cooper. For this negotiation we need to have a collection of views, not just a discredited party leader who is stumbling on as if nothing has happened....gove to environment secretary when he is a climate change denier..wtf is she doing?

The phrase " hell hath no fury like a woman scorned" seems to be apt now for George Osborne...he is really after her! Wonder how she sacked him?

Bit harsh to call Gideon a woman scorned :lolol:

Nah, labour are well out of this. As I said earlier, the tories (more specifically, Cameron, sabotaged by Boris, and massively U-turing 'because of the will of the people' May) created this mess. They MUST lead us of of it. If they succeed, and I hope they do, then I will salute them.

I expect, however, that there will be a bad deal or no deal (which is a bad deal). Can anyone imagine either the EU agreeing to favourable trade deals (and quickly) with no free movement (i.e., US style travel arrangements - including, for example, between Londonderry and Muff)? Good luck with that one.

If May begs Corbyn to help her with the negociations, on bended knee, then if I were Corbyn I might consider it, but my terms if I were Corbyn would be incompatible with May's (and that is notwithstanding we have absolutely no ****ing idea what May wants!!! Think about that!).

No, let the dishonest deluded chancers get on with it.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
A quick question,how many votes difference constitutes a marginal constituency?
East Worthing and Shoreham now has a difference of about 5000 votes,between the Cons and Labour I never dreamed that I would live in a constituency where it was possible my vote could actually make a difference.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
The crazy thing is, if we had another EU Referendum now there would almost certainly be a clear majority for Remain. Yet May and her cronies are going to carry on to the bitter end, "leading" us to a result few people want.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
The crazy thing is, if we had another EU Referendum now there would almost certainly be a clear majority for Remain. Yet May and her cronies are going to carry on to the bitter end, "leading" us to a result few people want.

Is that the way democracy should work then? If you don't get the result you like then go again and again until you do.

You are Nicola Sturgeon and I claim my £5.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing

Oooh, you can't say that, it's anti democratic, you'll have a mob with burning pitchforks coming after you.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

You've been humphried

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
They're already selling off parts of the NHS and there's still effing idiots on here with their noses stuck up the conservative arse!

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
They're already selling off parts of the NHS and there's still effing idiots on here with their noses stuck up the conservative arse!

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

And with Hunt reappointed they will be selling even more off.
I think the only reason Mrs May kept Hunt in the cabinet is that he possibly could still be more unpopular than Mrs May

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Is that the way democracy should work then? If you don't get the result you like then go again and again until you do.

You are Nicola Sturgeon and I claim my £5.

Good luck if you think you can get a fiver off a Scot.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Not usually a fan of these sort of things... but as it is commenting on the policy not the man I think this one is OK
d003290c92766140c0806e09fb1f02a2.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
What makes you say that? 84% of people voted for a party committed to Brexit.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here