Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

grabban gone

LU7 RED

Nov 5, 2010
Leighton Buzzard
Of course, that £3m will go some way to off setting any operating loss this season and might just mean that Bournemouth avoid any transfer embargo in January. They may well have made a calculated risk because I believe even if they are just outside the £8m limit, if they can show they are on target to meet the limit in the next financial period, ie season 2014/15, then they may avoid the sanction!

Remember we have a 25% sell on clause from the probable Lallana sale to Liverpool too, which should help matters (please go through, please go through :lolol:)
Still bloody typical, get some investment at last after all the years of scrimping - and FFP comes in. Tiiiiiiiipical.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Yep time for him to go this time, even we are fed up with it now, I think even us bmth fans are realising that we are likely to be the smallest club in the division next season and we can no way compete with the ex prem lot.
There's quite a difference between those that have come down and you suddenly being the smallest club. You could offer Grabban more than we could.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Top work on Depeche Mode [MENTION=525]Cheeky Monkey[/MENTION]

Personally, I still don't think the bloke is worth it. I never did.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Oscar didn't understand how cut throat transfers in this country can be.:down:
I don't know how much we offered him, but I thought we should have offered him more (£1m was a bargain, and we've got to compete with other clubs on wages). The fact that Cardiff have now paid £3m suggests we should have.

LU7 RED

Nov 5, 2010
Leighton Buzzard
There's quite a difference between those that have come down and you suddenly being the smallest club. You could offer Grabban more than we could.

Yeah suppose so. If Orient come up then they would be the Yeovil type club next year I suppose. We'll see what happens, I mean if we get the Grabban money and the (hopefully) Lallana dosh, then we could have made £7/8/9 mill within a few weeks. Whether that gets absorbed up or Eddie can spend it, we will see.

I think Grabbs can help Cardiff get up, but don't see him as a Prem player as it stands.

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
Oh well? :shrug:

We couldn't offer him the cash he 'thought' he was worth. (Or his agent thought) Cardiff have a few quid in the coffers for being rubbish and finishing bottom of the League, so they can no doubt pay him a nice fat cheque at the end of the month. Thats the way of the championship now. Those coming down will always have a head start over those paupers without the parachute money.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Yep could not agree more - so love the loyalty shown, not like he was getting a few bob at Bournemouth.
That's today's game hey.

I think Bournemouth are going to be pushing him out the door for the £3m+, whether or not the player himself wants to stay (which is unlikely).

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Oscar is quoted as saying that Grabban was quite happy to come to us, even had a medical.
Bloom and Burke, were the stumbling blocks.

TB was in Australia, as usual, and the deal fell apart whilst everyone waited for them to communicate apparently.

TB said that Bournmouth offered him far more than we did, and would have broken our wage structure. Assuming he's not lying, it seems entirely reasonable. It's not about personalities, it's all about the money.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Journeyman that's had one or two good seasons in his whole career. He won't be the 20 goal a season striker they think he will be when he's a small fish in a big pond.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
Oscar is quoted as saying that Grabban was quite happy to come to us, even had a medical.
Bloom and Burke, were the stumbling blocks.

TB was in Australia, as usual, and the deal fell apart whilst everyone waited for them to communicate apparently.

The deal failed because we offered more money that he was on, he went back to Bournemouth who then offered him yet more money, which we refused to match.

It was all about the money.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
Yeah suppose so. If Orient come up then they would be the Yeovil type club next year I suppose. We'll see what happens, I mean if we get the Grabban money and the (hopefully) Lallana dosh, then we could have made £7/8/9 mill within a few weeks. Whether that gets absorbed up or Eddie can spend it, we will see.

I think Grabbs can help Cardiff get up, but don't see him as a Prem player as it stands.

I think both Orient (if they win at Wembley of course) and Brentford could struggle. Both have small crowd income. Apparently Brisbane Road can cope with 1,500 away supporters max. Don't know about Griffin Park, but can't be much more than that, standing too. Or it was this season.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Then you can flog Steve Cook too and send us our third.

Let's not kid ourselves that Bournemouth are some kind of plucky minnow here. You may get small crowds relative to this league but we all know there are some decidedly non-FFP issues going on behind the scenes as regards the wages AFCB are paying many of their players.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Journeyman that's had one or two good seasons in his whole career. He won't be the 20 goal a season striker they think he will be when he's a small fish in a big pond.

This. He might prove a great player but he doesn't convince me at all. Quite happy to see a relegated rich club spunk their money on such a risk.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Grabban is no better than they already have and certainly will not be firing in 20+ goals this season, The lad has a good agent, thats about it.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I feel a little bit sorry for all those Bournemouth fans who must have been singing his praises after he turned us down to stay with The Cherries.

It's an interesting one because had we got promoted he'd now be looking a bit stupid. I suppose he and his agent took a calculated risk that the worst case scenario was a big contract at Bournemouth and, having extended it, they'd probably have to sell if they missed out of relegation.

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
He's not even that good. Glad we haven't got him in all truth. Technically not the best and a bit brainless. Derby got Chris Martin on a free, I'm sure there's a better bargain out there.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here