Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I'm going to do more - I urge you to join me .....

Johnnyboy

Sep 25, 2010
North Hampshire
ESL will never sing, will never stay til the end or do much of anything much at all.

I watched the lads in the row in front of me debating who was going to return the STs they'd borrowed.It turned out that, of the eight of them, not one was the actual ticket holder and none of the loaners knew each other so none of hem knew how to return the tickets to their rightful owner...so I said to this guy directly in front of me.." This is all complicated" he replied that the bloke he borrowed his off works in the city and had bought three STs for him one for his Mrs. and one for his son...he got them...wait for it "as an investment for when Brighton are in the premier league" and rarely bothered going to games himself in the meantime, preferring instead to leave them behind the bar at the white horse in Ditchling for locals to borrow when it suits them.

It turned out the other lads had a similar benefactor in Hassocks. A city boy with too much cash and no soul.

Good luck getting a song out f that lot. Most of them have no history or interest in BHAFC.

Brighton get the money and maybe the chance of a few more fans. Sounds good to me. If I had enough money I think it would be a great thing to pay for people to come and watch Brighton (especially if they could sing!) Perhaps NSC could sponsor a few deserving cases?

worthingseagull

Sep 28, 2011
so 1000 people read this so far, I shall take that as 1000 fans doing more on Thursday then - knuckles in

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
not sure he sung much - weren't the psalms the old testament?

I seem to recall having to sing Morning Has Broken or All Things Bright & Beautiful pretty much every morning at primary school assembly, so I'll be pretty pissed off if Jesus himself got away without having to bother :angry:

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
ESL will never sing, will never stay til the end or do much of anything much at all.

I watched the lads in the row in front of me debating who was going to return the STs they'd borrowed.It turned out that, of the eight of them, not one was the actual ticket holder and none of the loaners knew each other so none of hem knew how to return the tickets to their rightful owner...so I said to this guy directly in front of me.." This is all complicated" he replied that the bloke he borrowed his off works in the city and had bought three STs for him one for his Mrs. and one for his son...he got them...wait for it "as an investment for when Brighton are in the premier league" and rarely bothered going to games himself in the meantime, preferring instead to leave them behind the bar at the white horse in Ditchling for locals to borrow when it suits them.

It turned out the other lads had a similar benefactor in Hassocks. A city boy with too much cash and no soul.

Good luck getting a song out f that lot. Most of them have no history or interest in BHAFC.

I think I know who you speak of..he's an oil broker I believe..however this post remains one of the most depressing of the day.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Try telling the zombies in the 3 rows in front of me this. I think they go to football as a punishment. They certainly don't enjoy it.

they are probably arsenal or chelsea fans.....the club have had a chance to sell tickets to one or more "singing sections" although why the feck you would want to go to a play off game and not sing is way way beyond me....:albion:

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
I think I know who you speak of..he's an oil broker I believe..however this post remains one of the most depressing of the day.

indeed ....if we can't cultivate an atmosphere for this game then i dont know what....this really is the pinnacle of club football in the uk and two games away from the singular most lucrative game in world football.....come on you ***** .....make some ****ing noise.....!!

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011

I'm moving to ESL next season to be with my dad and a couple of mates. We're looking at getting flags etc. and will be doing what we can to get that library rocking.

So, anyone in ESL, near the away fans, if you hear a bunch of lagered up halfwits trying to generate an atmosphere join in would ya?!

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
😁
You know the feeling when you get invited to a fancy dress party and it says 'optional'! We allk now this means that about 20% of the partygoers will take part but most won't (they don't want to stand out and be embarrassed). But if you've ever been to one where it was suggested that 'its compulsory' and 'everyone's doing it' you'll know that these can be the best nights out bar none.

I urge us all, (the fans) to rise up and do something similar on the atmosphere front for the visit of Derby. If we all make the decision to do just a bit more than usual, knowing that everyone around us is going to be joining in too, there will be no embarrassment and the noise will treble.

If you are a North Stand legend and usually sing non stop anyway, you can do a bit more, maybe louder or longer.
If you, like me (just being honest) are someone who just joins in with a few ALBIIIIOONNNN ALLBIIIOOONNNs but thats essentially it, lets sing We are Brighton too, I'm going to commit to singing every song I hear started.

If you never sing at all (maybe its too embarrassing and no one around you usually sings, just take a breath and do it, if we all pass this message round then likelihood is that your quiet neighbours maybe itching to join in too. Lets have a go at creating the loudest atmosphere ever heard by our players at the Amex. We always expect the players to dig deep and give us more, well let's bloody do that too. Just 20/30% more than you usually do from everyone will make Derby sit up and take notice that they are playing in a cauldron.

Come on, lets all be part of something special - spread this post on social media and get all BHA fans to see it. The more fans that believe we are going to do this, the more will actually open their mouths on Thursday.

Come on Brighton, I can't wait

Ok... Bring it on, I'm up for a sing song. My Mrs thinks that's funny, and wonders what you've all done to be punished so badly. Let's hope I'm still singing when I get home....then she can suffer too ! :albion:

simon swagbag

Jul 8, 2003
Eastbourne

This is all complicated" he replied that the bloke he borrowed his off works in the city and had bought three STs for him one for his Mrs. and one for his son...he got them...wait for it "as an investment for when Brighton are in the premier league" and rarely bothered going to games himself in the meantime, preferring instead to leave them behind the bar at the white horse in Ditchling for locals to borrow when it suits them.

Conversely, I am the loudest & most consistent singer in ESL (D block).
I cannot afford to go with my two sons tomorrow, or renew our season tickets.

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
I'm moving to ESL next season to be with my dad and a couple of mates. We're looking at getting flags etc. and will be doing what we can to get that library rocking.

So, anyone in ESL, near the away fans, if you hear a bunch of lagered up halfwits trying to generate an atmosphere join in would ya?!

I hope your flags don't block my view, BBassic, or put me off my picnic (we always stock up at Waitrose before a match - their tapas selection is pretty good). Will you be drinking craft lager?

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
Conversely, I am the loudest & most consistent singer in ESL (D block).
I cannot afford to go with my two sons tomorrow, or renew our season tickets.

Exactamundo. We've heard of (probably) blocks of seats occupied by WOATS and tourists in that stand. We need more voices in the ground not herds of premier league speculators, JCLs and associated hangers on.

Still. It's not as bad as Palace. 300 "ultras" with giant pictures of Erect penises and poorly spelt banners watched by 9,000 plastics.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

I know a guy who used to work at my firm (clearly didn't work in my dept) who had season tickets at Arsenal, Chelsea and Spurs, just so he knew he would get a 'home' game to watch every weekend as couldn't be arsed to travel. Probably doesn't need saying, but he was an obnoxious pr*ck too. Unfortunately for some of these people a few hundred quid on a ST is neither here nor there (I reckon the guy I knew would buy a BHA ST just to make sure he could see 'his' team - Chelsea - play at the Amex once a year) - short of bringing in some form of 'loyalty/fan test' not a lot you can do about it but feel really sorry for genuine fans who can't afford it, or perhaps in the future can't get tickets because bellends like that have some of them but still have no real interest.

worthingseagull

Sep 28, 2011
Hope you've all gargled with TCP and bought cotton wool balls in readiness for the noise tonight ????

worthingseagull

Sep 28, 2011
Well it was very loud for the first 20, I started to think wow everyone IS doing a bit more but when they scored, we as a crowd basically submitted and the twats around me in the upper east reverted to type (asleep) probably not worth asking again, that's probably our limit- marks out of ten objectively from my viewpoint in upper east Central was south stand 8/10 north 7/10 west 6/10 east 4/10 over and out

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Very good first 25 like you say . Then everyone went missing until mid 2 nd half . Bit like the team

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here