Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

***CC Division Two, Nottinghamshire v Sussex at Nottingham, 21-24 April***

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Rawlins and Archer (especially) have plenty of potential but other than them and the evergreen Goff its all a bit depressing really.

Bit unfair on Nash and Brown who both had decent seasons last year and haven't done badly this year. But I agree about Wright, his game seems to have declined since he was made captain. I said last year that Nash should have got it and I feel that even more strongly now.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Bit unfair on Nash and Brown who both had decent seasons last year and haven't done badly this year. But I agree about Wright, his game seems to have declined since he was made captain. I said last year that Nash should have got it and I feel that even more strongly now.

Nash was a disaster when he captained the t20 team, which is probably why he was overlooked for the big job.
I don't think Wright is a terrible captain , but it seems to have affected his batting .
I think the whole set up needs a massive kick up the arse .
Davis isn't the type to do that.
It's obvious Adams , for all his faults, is a decent bet to do this. but too many people in too many important positions at the club have a vested interest in keeping things is they are.
They do not want a shake up , despite our decline.
Therefore Adams gets overlooked.
Pathetic and sad

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Nash was a disaster when he captained the t20 team, which is probably why he was overlooked for the big job.
I don't think Wright is a terrible captain , but it seems to have affected his batting .
It's obvious Adams , for all his faults, is a decent bet to do this. but too many people in too many important positions at the club have a vested interest in keeping things is they are.
Pathetic and sad

Would you be able to elaborate on this?

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Would you be able to elaborate on this?

No point . I'm just a disappointed Sussex fan who misses the good days and is bemused at what is now being served up . Going by your last post so are you

Last edited:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Where do you lay the blame? How could the situation be remedied?

I'd have a look up in your attic for your old gloves,pads and bat BG, you might still get a game !

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Where do you lay the blame? How could the situation be remedied?

In the short term, I hope the players have been given a roasting for their feeble displays so far. I wonder if some of them have been led to believe they are better than they are. I'm not sure mark Davis is the man to do this, it doesn't seem to be his style. He is an intelligent man, rather than a baller breaker. Some balls need to be broken. Not least the middle order. In fact pretty much all of them bar goff, archer and Ben brown.

Longer term, i wonder if those that run the club are too cosy but that's only going on perception and hearsay. One things for sure , rob Andrew was a risky appointment . Could be genius, could be clive Woodward at saints fc.

That all said, it is difficult for all of the non test ground counties, I get that.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
In the short term, I hope the players have been given a roasting for their feeble displays so far. I wonder if some of them have been led to believe they are better than they are. I'm not sure mark Davis is the man to do this, it doesn't seem to be his style. He is an intelligent man, rather than a baller breaker. Some balls need to be broken. Not least the middle order. In fact pretty much all of them bar goff, archer and Ben brown.

Longer term, i wonder if those that run the club are too cosy but that's only going on perception and hearsay. it is difficult for all of the non test ground counties, I get that.

Is it down to attitude or more to do with lack of ability it seems the latter to me which then promotes the attitude shown.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
No point . I'm just a disappointed Sussex fan who misses the good days and is bemused at what is now being served up . Going by your last post so are you

I am - I just wondered if you had inside knowledge when you said "too many people in too many important positions at the club have a vested interest in keeping things is they are".

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Pathetic and sad

The fear is (apparently) that Adams would shake things up too much.

Stems from wrong coaching appointment for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
The Club seems to be lacking in leadership.

Davis is a quiet man. He may be a good coach, but he doesn't demonstrate confidence or belief.

Lukey is too nice a guy to captain. You can't be too matey with your team mates when you are skip. There is not enough intensity in the field. The body language of too many players has been unimpressive (Van Zyyl, Evans, Rawlins). It's ridiculous to ask Rawlins to bat at 3, the key position. He is clearly a talent, but has no experience of 1st class cricket.

Apart from that it's going well!

PG

Rodney Thomas

May 2, 2012
Ελλάδα
Anyone know what's happened to Robinson, Wells and Machan. I can only presume Robinson is injured but what about the other two?

Brovion

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Stuffed twice in succession, it is going to be a long season, at least we can't be relegated...
And that is the ONLY crumb of comfort. We've gone full circle and are back to the 1990s again when we were utter toilet. What a crying shame. Time for another membership revolt?

At least this time the Albion are doing well.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Anyone know what's happened to Robinson, Wells and Machan. I can only presume Robinson is injured but what about the other two?

Machan has had a wrist injury since June. His career is in jeopardy.

Wells had a reaction to a knee operation in the winter and is still out.

Robinson I have no idea.

PG

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Painful stuff, let hope they hurt and then fight to get it right. Could be two seasons of injuries making us play too many youngsters agaisnt seasoned pros.

At least its early doors, feels like we are set up for short forms of the game. Desperatly need that top order batsman for the four day game and Wells back asap.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire

Injured . Wells coming back soon, machan has had long term wrist injury that won't go away.

Not sure about Robinson. Looked like a good player when he first came through .

Maybe we will do better in the one dayers. Personally I've always seen the longer format as the most Important .

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here