Skalak 6
Murray 7
Akpom 3

March 7
Hemed 7
Murphy 6

Stumpy Tim

The North Stand 10 -- really lifted the team
Have to say, I thought the crowd was terrible today. As soon as we kicked off the crowd was silent. It was poor

Stockdale 6 -- nice quiet afternoon
Rosenior 5 -- one of his worst games he's had for the Albion, and I love him
Hunemeier 9 MOM -- Quality. Him & Dunk won us the game
Dunk 8.t -- Premier league player
Pocognoli 6.5 -- decent
Knockaert 7 -- definitely up for it, but limited impact
Stephens 7 -- did ok
Kayal 7 -- did ok
Skalak 6 -- wish he would just get the ball and cross it. Don't do anything else please
Akpom 0 -- I would have been better
Murray 7 -- good finish, but wish he would stay onside more

Subs:
March 7 -- got the crowd going
Hemed 7 -- made more of a difference than March. Not the best player, but tried his very best & after Akpom that'll do
Murphy n/a

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Stockdale 7
Rosenoir 6
Dunk 7
Uwe 8 MoM
Pocognoli 6
Skalak 5
Kayal 7
Stephens 7
Knockaert 7
Akpom 5
Murray 8

March 7
Hemed 7
Murphy 6

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Stockdale 7 Not much to do but did it with complete confidence
Rosenior 5.5 Surprising weak link today
Dunk 7.5 No more free kicks please, Lewis
Hunemeir 9 MoM Actually made Dunk look basic today. Superb performance
Pocognoli 5.5 Rusty
Kayal 6.5
Stephens 7.5
Skalak 6
Knockaert 6.5 Missed Bruno, again
Akpom 5.5 Lacking confidence since nearly scoring in his first two but barely did any less than Murray while he was on. Sick of idiots having to have someone to hate - see also, Skalak, Dunk, Bruno, Barnes... Oh, & anyone that booed or abused him when he went off - just **** off & don't come back
Murray 7.5 Class poachers finish

Hemed 6 Willing & he really, really cares. But God he's slow - & that miss...
March 7.5 Excellent
Murphy N/A

I cannot agree re Akpom doing as much as Murray who chased, harried, won headers and was basically playing alone upfront. Akpom's attitude and lack of effort stank...imo

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Stockdale 7 Not a lot to do but did well with what he had to do.
Rosenior 6 Not one of his best days got caught out a bit.
Hunemier 9.5 Superb performance MOM
Dunk 9 Good partner to Uwe.
Pocognoli 7 Looked short of match fitness.
Knockhaert 7 Plenty of effort but his moves didnt come off as he had very little support
Stephens 8 Commanded and ran the midfield
Kayal 7 Did ok but not up to his best dominating ways
Skalak 5 Poor offered nothing either in attack or defence.
Akpom 4 Very poor the game just passed him by.
Murray 8 Won all the headers and scored the goal so did what he is paid for.

Subs
Hemed 6 Great up on Akpom but should have scored
March 6 Didnt get much of the ball but did well when he did.
Murphy N/A Not on long enough to rate.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Stockdale 6 - not much to do. A wobble off a corner at the end of the first half. Could have been costly
Rosenior 5 - Bruno back ASAP please! Strange that when he finally gets the chance in his preferred position, that he gives one of his worst performances.
Hunemeier 8 - love him. At his absolute best today. MOM
Dunk 7.5. - Plays the captain role well. He is growing up. No card was a bonus. Not convinced about the free kicks though.
Pocognoli 6.5 - reasonable performance. He can do better though.
Skalak 6.5. - the haters will hate, but thought he did ok today. Good technique for his shot which drew a sharp save from their keeper. Quality delivery from the corners as always.
Kayal 7. Decent enough performance
Stephens 6 - a bit hit and miss.
Knockaert. 7.5. Lots of energy and desire, not so much product this time out
Akpom 4. Pointless. We don't need such a stark demonstration of what we miss when Balders is not available.
Murray 7 - decent enough performance, nice awareness and finish for the goal.

Solly 7 - genuinely surprised he didn't start this one. Hopefully CH. will start Him on Tuesday
Hemed 7 - if there's no Balders, then Hemed must start instead of Akpom
Murphy n/a

Overall I felt we were sluggish and disappointing. Particularly in the first half. I put this squarely down to the fact the there was no Sam B

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Stockdale 7 Did nothing wrong
Rossenior 5 Very poor, Lost count number of times put us under pressure by losing ball
Hunemier 9 Outstanding
Dunk 7 Good apart from terrible free kicks, Hopefully not to be repeated
Pocognoli 5 Poor game including giving away stupid freekicks
Steven 7 Good game
Kayal 6 Average Didnt seem to put himself about as normal
Knockhaert 5 Very poor game gained point for assist.
Akpom 3 Very poor, Made wrong decision so many times.including not passing to Knockhaert. I do still think has potential
Murray 7 Credit for goal After good start poor up to goal
Skalak 4 Very poor. Understand why played because manager first thought is clean sheet. Not my choice but cant criticise

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Stockdale 6

Rosenior 6
Hunemeier 7
Dunk 6
Pocognoli 6

Knockaert 6
Kayal 7
Stephens 7
Skalak 6

Murray 7
Akpom 1

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Stockdale. 6
Rosenior. 6
Hunemeier 8
Dunk. 7
Pocognoli 7
Knockeart 7
Stephens. 7
Kayal. 8
Skalak. 6
Akpom. 4
Murray. 7

Hemed. 7
March 7
Murphy. 6

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Skalak 6.5. - the haters will hate, but thought he did ok today. Good technique for his shot which drew a sharp save from their keeper. Quality delivery from the corners as always.
Solly 7 - genuinely surprised he didn't start this one. Hopefully CH. will start Him on Tuesday

I'm not a hater, but I still can't muster up much enthusiasm for Skalak. You've actually picked out some of the things he did well yesterday, but if that's all you're expecting from 55-60 minutes of football, then I'd suggest you might want to higher your horizons a tad. Skalak also worked hard during that period, which he always does, but March did so too and also managed to set up a gilt-edged opportunity when given the opportunity (rather than simply falling over and not backing his own ability), and was a menace on the ball. All I'm saying is that I much prefer March to Skalak, and I also hope that March starts on Tuesday, and also gets an extended run in the team to show what he can do.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Have to say, I thought the crowd was terrible today. As soon as we kicked off the crowd was silent. It was poor

Agree with this. I don't think it's just us being generally sh*t though, more that the nervousness was palpable, and I think it affected the players a bit (or they at least realised we were shi**ing oursleves) hence Murray's 'calm down' gesture after he scored. An early goal for us and the place would have been jumping I reckon. Roll on Tuesday.

blue-afro-man

Nov 25, 2013
I'm not a hater, but I still can't muster up much enthusiasm for Skalak. You've actually picked out some of the things he did well yesterday, but if that's all you're expecting from 55-60 minutes of football, then I'd suggest you might want to higher your horizons a tad. Skalak also worked hard during that period, which he always does, but March did so too and also managed to set up a gilt-edged opportunity when given the opportunity (rather than simply falling over and not backing his own ability), and was a menace on the ball. All I'm saying is that I much prefer March to Skalak, and I also hope that March starts on Tuesday, and also gets an extended run in the team to show what he can do.

Same here! Have to remember how Solly has humiliated brum I'm his last 2 outings against them. They'll be bricking it if he starts.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011

I've given him a 6.5 for an hour, just above average. For 2 threatening corners, a decent shot on target from an awkward position.
I've given Solly 7 for 30 minutes, because of one piece of quality and menace.

I think my horizons are aligned perfectly thanks..

March should start at home. No arguments from me there.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

Not from where I was sitting on the south side of the WU. The North were at it, and really gave the team a lift at the start of the second half, prompted by Hemed. The South were in good song for a while, and even the West Upper was noisier than usual.
But what I say isn't key here. The role played by the crowd was picked up by the Radio Sussex commentary team, and confirmed by CH, and now even Mowbray has joined in, unprompted:

http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/alb...m_the_man_who_wanted_to_prey_on_their_nerves/

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
I admit for last half hour, I and people round me very quite. Nervous as hell and was just thinking I am not only supposed to be enjoying this but just praying for final whistlte.

Stumpy Tim

Not from where I was sitting on the south side of the WU. The North were at it, and really gave the team a lift at the start of the second half, prompted by Hemed. The South were in good song for a while, and even the West Upper was noisier than usual.
But what I say isn't key here. The role played by the crowd was picked up by the Radio Sussex commentary team, and confirmed by CH, and now even Mowbray has joined in, unprompted:

http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/alb...m_the_man_who_wanted_to_prey_on_their_nerves/

Interesting, and there was definitely a spell just after Hemed came on. But my point was that as soon as we kicked off the Amex went very quiet. Apart from that twenty minutes I thought it was pretty quiet

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Stockdale 6 - not much to do. A wobble off a corner at the end of the first half. Could have been costly
Rosenior 5 - Bruno back ASAP please! Strange that when he finally gets the chance in his preferred position, that he gives one of his worst performances.
Hunemeier 8 - love him. At his absolute best today. MOM
Dunk 7.5. - Plays the captain role well. He is growing up. No card was a bonus. Not convinced about the free kicks though.
Pocognoli 6.5 - reasonable performance. He can do better though.
Kayal 7. Decent enough performance
Stephens 6 - a bit hit and miss.
Knockaert. 7.5. Lots of energy and desire, not so much product this time out
Akpom 4. Pointless. We don't need such a stark demonstration of what we miss when Balders is not available.
Murray 7 - decent enough performance, nice awareness and finish for the goal.

Hemed 7 - if there's no Balders, then Hemed must start instead of Akpom
Murphy n/a

Overall I felt we were sluggish and disappointing. Particularly in the first half. I put this squarely down to the fact the there was no Sam B

IN the totaling up, I would like to be associated with THESE ratings and comments please, EXCEPT:

Stephens 7.5 Excellent is the enforcer / disruptor role.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here