Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Notts Forest on Sky SIX times between start of season and 6th November

Denis

Mar 25, 2013
Portslade
Just how ones Sky justify showing Notts Forest six times? Yet the better teams, a Hull, Ipswich, ourselves, hardly get a look in.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Just how ones Sky justify showing Notts Forest six times? Yet the better teams, a Hull, Ipswich, ourselves, hardly get a look in.

TV will have their data on viewing figures and who gives them their best return. Lets be fair, your casual TV football viewer is more likely to watch a Forest or Leeds game than any other.

Them and Wednesday of course. :lolol:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

The televised games were decided months ago, and we've been SHIZER for a year. Nobody knew we'd turn into Barcelona. And Forest are still one of the more famous names in this division.

Anyway, I'd rather their games were mucked about with than ours. Whenever we're on Sky its ALWAYS a pigging home game. We never get shown when we're away at some godforsaken northern grief-hole that I had no intention of going anywhere near. That's what macks me off.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
TV will have their data on viewing figures and who gives them their best return. Lets be fair, your casual TV football viewer is more likely to watch a Forest or Leeds game than any other.

Exactly. All about viewing figures and both Forest and Leeds were big clubs back in the day (for the semi oldies on here) and both have also been relatively recently in the Prem.

Christ casual football types people talk about Fulham due to their extended stay in the Prem (and the exposure that follows) even tho i remember when they were really shit like us in playing in front of 1000 people in a JPT game with Micky Adams scoring for Fulham or Paul Dickov knocking two past them at the Goldstone circa 93 or Dean Wilkins skying a penalty over the North Stand in an FA cup tie(?) and of course at the Cotttage with "Barry out" as he walked across the Craven Cottage pitch. Deano scored the winner that day I seem to recall.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Rather someone else games than ours - don't like rearranged games, particularly when I've bought advanced tickets for away games.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
The televised games were decided months ago, and we've been SHIZER for a year. Nobody knew we'd turn into Barcelona. And Forest are still one of the more famous names in this division.

Anyway, I'd rather their games were mucked about with than ours. Whenever we're on Sky its ALWAYS a pigging home game. We never get shown when we're away at some godforsaken northern grief-hole that I had no intention of going anywhere near. That's what macks me off.

Well under Oscar we did have our away game with Reading shown where Ulloa was sent off....and Derby in the Play Offs...

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Well under Oscar we did have our away game with Reading shown where Ulloa was sent off....and Derby in the Play Offs...

Well, they show ALL the playoff games live, so that hardly counts.

But you've kind of made my point there. Have we really got to go back to Reading away the season before last for our last AWAY game in the league that was shown live ? I don't know what the ratio is, but over the last 4 years since we've been at the Amex, I'd reckon on it being easily 4 out of 5 league that get shown live are our home games.

Just one of the downsides of having the best stadium in the country, where Sky/BT can rock up and simply plug in and go. Lazy gits, we've made it too easy for them.

:edit: We had the final game at Forest of course. But its still slim pickings compared to all the home games we get switched.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Another plus is that we'll all have comfy sofa seats to watch O'Grady SCORING relentlessly week after week.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
But you've kind of made my point there. Have we really got to go back to Reading away the season before last for our last AWAY game in the league that was shown live ? I don't know what the ratio is, but over the last 4 years since we've been at the Amex, I'd reckon on it being easily 4 out of 5 league that get shown live are our home games.

Just one of the downsides of having the best stadium in the country, where Sky/BT can rock up and simply plug in and go. Lazy gits, we've made it too easy for them.

:edit: We had the final game at Forest of course. But its still slim pickings compared to all the home games we get switched.

Also matches at Bournemouth televised in each of the last two seasons.

In the Amex era (and for League matches only, excluding play-offs), we have had 11 home matches televised and 4 away matches.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Also matches at Bournemouth televised in each of the last two seasons.

In the Amex era (and for League matches only, excluding play-offs), we have had 11 home matches televised and 4 away matches.

Oh yes, I forgot the Muff. They seem to think that's a "derby game" for some inexplicable reason, just because we're both quite close to a beach.

So whenever we're on live, then 3 times out of 4 its going to be a home game. Yup, sounds about right.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
I was worried (along with many others) that the home Cardiff game would be moved. Holiday booked for the Sunday.
And I really do believe a compensation system should be in place for fans who buy worthless advance train tickets when a game is moved.

el punal

Really, does it matter? As far as I'm concerned it means that our matches are not going to be moved, and therefore avoiding the buggeration factor of having to watch the Albion at stupid o'clock times which are totally inconvenient for the majority of us.

Dolph Ins

May 26, 2014
Mid Sussex
Really, does it matter? As far as I'm concerned it means that our matches are not going to be moved, and therefore avoiding the buggeration factor of having to watch the Albion at stupid o'clock times which are totally inconvenient for the majority of us.

Just wait till we get to the Premier to really find out what buggeration of watching times means.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here