Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is Tony Bloom letting his heart rule his head over Sami?

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
At the end of the day Sami has not got what it takes, most of the fans know that. What the backers of Sami need to answer is how is Sami going to turn this around. What experience does he have. Why did he get sacked from his last club. And at what point do you say enough is enough. So how many points does he need from the next 3 games or can he lose all of them and still keep his job. Come on stick your necks out and tell the rest of us, at what point do you not back him over the coming weeks.

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
The Manager is not at fault, we have a division one squad and will soon be in that division
Well it would appear the chairman would not agree with you.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Relegated managers from the last three seasons:

2013/14
Paul Dickov
Danny Wilson
Gary Johnson

2012/13
Darren Ferguson
Dean Saunders
Derek Mcinnes

2011/12
Michael Appleton
Andy Thorn
Dean Saunders

I know our fans would love to see a British manager, but that's 100% failure by Brits in charge of championship sides.

Thanks, you saved me the bother.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
It really isn't a place for flair, sad though that may be.

Micky Adams had us believe you needed to kick your way out of League One. Gus showed us we didn't.

Swansea are a recent example of a side that footballed their way out of this division. They had major ups and downs getting there and not every manager worked out. They got there though.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
At the end of the day Sami has not got what it takes, most of the fans know that. What the backers of Sami need to answer is how is Sami going to turn this around. What experience does he have. Why did he get sacked from his last club. And at what point do you say enough is enough. So how many points does he need from the next 3 games or can he lose all of them and still keep his job. Come on stick your necks out and tell the rest of us, at what point do you not back him over the coming weeks.
I back him for as long as Tony Bloom backs him. Simple. It is the only rational stance given available evidence.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Relegated managers from the last three seasons:

2013/14
Paul Dickov
Danny Wilson
Gary Johnson

2012/13
Darren Ferguson
Dean Saunders
Derek Mcinnes

2011/12
Michael Appleton
Andy Thorn
Dean Saunders

I know our fans would love to see a British manager, but that's 100% failure by Brits in charge of championship sides.

A very good post, but for me I wouldn't love to see a British manager particularly, I would love to see a successful, experienced manager, British or not.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Acker, I appreciate the facts you've recounted but you're missing the point. When you've got the infrastructure right and the squad has reached the play-offs two seasons in a row it's a hell of a risk bringing in someone like Hyypia with no British managerial experience. On the other hand, someone like Hughton is midtable at worst and will probably have you in the promotion mix all season.

He did the same with Garcia, that didn't turn out too badly.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
He did the same with Garcia, that didn't turn out too badly.

Agree, some people are convinced that we play a different game over here. At the end of the day football is football, with the same rules around the world, and considering that the German way has made them world champions, I don't see a problem in having a manager who is experienced in the German league.

It's not like a draught player coming in to teach chess.

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
I back him for as long as Tony Bloom backs him. Simple. It is the only rational stance given available evidence.

You are ducking the issue, wait for some else to make your mind up for you,You either have full faith in Sami turning this around or you don't. Nobody really knows what Tony is privately thinking. It's a cop out to let some else tell you what to think.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
You are ducking the issue, wait for some else to make your mind up for you,You either have full faith in Sami turning this around or you don't. Nobody really knows what Tony is privately thinking. It's a cop out to let some else tell you what to think.
It is rational to be influenced by someone infinitely better informed than yourself.

You should try it sometime... :)

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
It is rational to be influenced by someone infinitely better informed than yourself.

You should try it sometime... :)

How informed is that, do you know him personally, does he like to admit it when he gets it wrong? At the end of the day he is answerable to the shareholders. Trouble also with your theory is that at some stage if results do not improve sack him. Would it be fair to say that when this happens, that I would be better informed then him. Do you really think that if Sami is on borrowed time, that Tony would come out and say it. Course he won't, but just maybe he has got plans in place to make the change swiftly. Meanwhile you will be running around turkey that's been told by the farmer that you are not Christmas dinner, he just wants you well fed. Well here is some news for you. Come Christmas just like Sami you will be stuffed and wondering why oh why did you not see what most others can

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here