Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bloom looking to sell (rumour)

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
One thing is for sure he is strangely anonymously quiet and conspicuous by his absence.

Which makes you wonder what is going on......

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
For too many people, the decade-long battle to oust Belotti and Archer, and get a new home for the team, was their Spitfire summer.
Protests, marches, the Forty Notes thing. Backs to the wall. David v. various Goliaths. Fans United.

It was wonderful -- but only whenever it wasn't awful.

Some people can't stand prosperity. And roping in a Thai politician, or a petro-spiv from the former Soviet republic of Crudeoilostan, or an American sports-management consortium -- assuming arguendo that they're out there just chomping at the bit to get their hands on the team -- will surely be just the thing to bring back the golden days.

Last edited:

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
okay so things aren't looking that brilliant at the club at the moment and this definitely isn't going to help.

I know a man who used to work high up at the club and still remains in football. he is from a jewish family and they are very close with the blooms. according to him bloom simply cant afford to keep the club running and is "apparently" looking to offload.

I seriously hope this is bullshit but thought it should be reported.

*queue binfest*

The rumour is almost definitely faulse, but what is true is Tony can definitely not afford to run the big boys toy he has bought,the current squad proves that

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
IF you were looking to groom the club for sale Barber is exactly the type of appointment you would make.

But I am not saying that is the case.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Something needs to change in the short term, but in the long term, TB has to stay. I wish nothing but the best for him, for what he has done with the club I love, & I believe he loves.
It's the Albion, ups & downs; but with the Amex, we need at the very least to be a competitive Championship team.
Today, we were hanging on against Rotherham, which isn't really good enough for the club we aspire to be.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
With Palace being linked with talks with an American billionaire,maybe TB sees an opportunity to nip in and seal a deal.
After all, who in there right mind would miss a chance to own the Albion ?

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
I have been thinking this for a long while
it really is the next logical step, unfortunate as it is, personally I'd rather he stayed as they are fairly safe hands.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
The rumour is almost definitely faulse, but what is true is Tony can definitely not afford to run the big boys toy he has bought,the current squad proves that

What total crap you posted.

He can run with the big boys he's minted, comfortably a billionaire, he, like all the other chairman are supposedly complying with FFP. We will, but how many will not?

Unless you have had your head in the sand the owner can't just plough money in. Others are gambling we'll have to wait and see the outcome.

His decision to employ Hyypia on the other hand is free vend.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
How many people who have spunked £200m can then continue to lose £1m per month with no end insight?

I have no idea how true this is, but it wouldn't at all surprise me if he made way at some point since losing that sort of money every month is the playground of the mega rich and nobody really has any idea how much he is worth.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
I heard that he can't afford to pay for the interest on the credit cards he maxed out to pay for the Amex

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here