Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sami Hyypias Blue and white Army

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
Despite the player losses i did not think we would be pushing for the title but equally i thought this squad was easily capable of being in the top ten. We are currently 4th bottom without a win in 10 and that is Hyppias fault, he is uninspiring, unengaging and appears disinterested and unconcerned in short i have seen not a single sign of any managerial acumen whatsoever. If you want to flog a dead horse then fill your boots.

2 players got us in to the play offs last season Kuszak and Ulloa , we have not replaced them if Tony sacks sami he should hang his head in shame

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
what a load of shite firstly if the back four played at the back we might stop conceding stupid goals.
Stating the bleedin' obvious, but yes, quite right.

add a couple of wingers to the squad and we might actually win a game.
We've got wingers - LuaLua, McCourt and (arguably) Tex. They can't play on the wing, however, because they'd forever be tripping over lost full backs!

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
2 players got us in to the play offs last season Kuszak and Ulloa , we have not replaced them if Tony sacks sami he should hang his head in shame

No, Ulloa did but he wasn't available all season due to injury. Kuszczak (note correct spelling) was a liability at times. Our back four got us there TBH and four of the six regulars are still here. Yes, we have assembled a pound shop squad for a Waitrose league but we have managed to turn last season's biggest success in to our biggest liability.

David Burke has bought some bang average players but Sami has somehow managed to make them bottom of the barrel standard.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
Despite the player losses i did not think we would be pushing for the title but equally i thought this squad was easily capable of being in the top ten. We are currently 4th bottom without a win in 10 and that is Hyppias fault, he is uninspiring, unengaging and appears disinterested and unconcerned in short i have seen not a single sign of any managerial acumen whatsoever. If you want to flog a dead horse then fill your boots.

The position we are in is not Hyypias fault, Tony made the decision to spend 100 million on the ground, then he spent another fortune on expansion and the training facility while spending **** all on the team, he would not even give Glenn a pay rise following promotion FFS. Tony is a legend in Brighton and deservedly so, but he must wake up and smell the coffee, money needs to be spent on the team, the white elephant will not keep us in this division, the team will if he finances it

Last edited:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
The position we are in is not Hyypias fault, Tony made the decision to spend 100 million on the ground, then he spent another fortune on expansion and the training facility while spending **** all on the team, he would not even give Glenn a pay rise following promotion FFS. Tony is a legend in Brighton and deservedly so, but he must wake up and smell the coffee, money needs to ne spent on the team, the white elephant will not keep us in this division, the team will if he finances it

I've actually come to the conclusion you're a wind up account.

Napier's Knee

Mar 23, 2014
West Sussex
We've got a mid table squad which Sami has made relegation fodder. He is tactically naive and has the audacity to blame the players all the time. One reason TB has so much money is because he must be a ruthless bast!!rd when people fail to perform so hopefully he will do what has to be done for tha sake of the Albion.

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
The position we are in is not Hyypias fault, Tony made the decision to spend 100 million on the ground, then he spent another fortune on expansion and the training facility while spending **** all on the team, he would not even give Glenn a pay rise following promotion FFS. Tony is a legend in Brighton and deservedly so, but he must wake up and smell the coffee, money needs to be spent on the team, the white elephant will not keep us in this division, the team will if he finances it

Evidence, if evidence were needed.

jessiejames

Never late in a V8
Jan 20, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
All that money spent on the training ground,its just a shame Sammie and the rest of the team don't know how to get to Lancing because judging by the last 2 games that is what you learn in a school playground.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
We've got a mid table squad which Sami has made relegation fodder. He is tactically naive and has the audacity to blame the players all the time. One reason TB has so much money is because he must be a ruthless bast!!rd when people fail to perform so hopefully he will do what has to be done for tha sake of the Albion.

We have strikers that are not scoring how do we have a mid table squad

Napier's Knee

Mar 23, 2014
West Sussex
They're not scoring because they have no confidence. They have no confidence because they are badly coached. Look at what Sami has done to Ince - turned someone who was frequently majestic last year into someone who falls over his own feet. Holla gas gone backwards, so has Tex. sami is now an internationally consistent coach - a crap one

Paddy B

Jul 5, 2003
Horsham
This squad is weaker than last year but it's not "ten games without a win" "4th from bottom" "1 point above relegation zone" . Therefore why do you think we are all of those?

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
They're not scoring because they have no confidence. They have no confidence because they are badly coached. Look at what Sami has done to Ince - turned someone who was frequently majestic last year into someone who falls over his own feet. Holla gas gone backwards, so has Tex. sami is now an internationally consistent coach - a crap one

We have a chairman that refuses to spend money on the team,there is no way we can stay in this division:albion2:

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Stating the bleedin' obvious, but yes, quite right.

We've got wingers - LuaLua, McCourt and (arguably) Tex. They can't play on the wing, however, because they'd forever be tripping over lost full backs!

I'm a confessed 'fence' regarding Sami after today's dismal performance. But I thought I should point out that one of those lost fullbacks made the extra man today and ended up scoring. Evidence rather than prejudice please.

PG

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
We're sad to lose Ulloa, but to have League 1 hotshot Baldock, 15 goal Championship striker O'Grady and La Liga forward Colunga all drawing blanks week in week out shows that Sami and Jones don't have what it takes.

In other news ex-Albion strikers Craig Davies, Murray and Revell all bag Championship goals today.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I'm a confessed 'fence' regarding Sami after today's dismal performance. But I thought I should point out that one of those lost fullbacks made the extra man today and ended up scoring. Evidence rather than prejudice please.

PG
Clutching at straws a bit there! True, Bennett did score today, but compare that to the number of goals we've conceded from wide open spaces where our full backs should have been.

Where's this 'prejudice' you perceive, by the way?

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
I was wary about us appointing Sami because of his recent managership record.

Hoped perhaps that hadn't been his fault but can now see it almost certainly was.

Rocky Robin

Nov 15, 2010
Sami has to change his tactics or he should be out! If our team played in an organized way and disciplined way it would help. , we didn't look sharp! I think the team know the formation is not working and look lack luster. When you look at what Pullis did at palace with their poor team and basic organisation, belief and hard work and a few good tactics can do the trick. I do think Sami needs to admit that his formation didn't work in Germany and doesn't work here.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here