Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stockdale OFF ***to Birmingham - Official***

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
If that's the case what was the zipped mouth emoji reference to? Probably obvious but us old uns aren't clued up on this emoji malarkey

Not to complain when his wife does what she wants on holiday? It's her time now?

Who knows?

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Players certainly need to be educated in using social media. This has spiraled right out of control with him reacting to people trolling him. This NSC thread "Stockdale OFF" doesn’t help tbh, in fact it probably stokes up the furnace. It is the type of thread that should be deleted because it's a little bit embarrassing now with other fans tapping into it and laughing at the childishness of some of our own fans.

I don’t use twitter and I have only heard about this on here. I don’t wish him anything other than a good career with us or somewhere else because there is no room for sentiment in football. Just seems daft to turn from a great season into a David Stockdale soap opera.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Players certainly need to be educated in using social media. This has spiraled right out of control with him reacting to people trolling him. This NSC thread "Stockdale OFF" doesn’t help tbh, in fact it probably stokes up the furnace. It is the type of thread that should be deleted because it's a little bit embarrassing now with other fans tapping into it and laughing at the childishness of some of our own fans.

I don’t use twitter and I have only heard about this on here. I don’t wish him anything other than a good career with us or somewhere else because there is no room for sentiment in football. Just seems daft to turn from a great season into a David Stockdale soap opera.

There should be a set of guidelines from the FA/Clubs regarding social media.

All it does is cause issues, I can't see why you would want it if you are a professional.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
By responding to comments about his career/finances made by strangers on the internet he has become involved in the online discussion. It's easy to avoid.

His only responses. There's nothing in these about his career or finances.

[tweet]865656871054692352[/tweet]

[tweet]865658249206390785[/tweet]

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks

[tweet]865656871054692352[/tweet]

[tweet]865658249206390785[/tweet]

I don't think he has done anything wrong with these, but you can see why some would be wound up.

Was it worth him tweeting that?

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
I don't think he has done anything wrong with these, but you can see why some would be wound up.

Was it worth him tweeting that?

There's to many people getting far to emotional about the situation. Yes, he's a good keeper and a thoroughly decent man, but he's not the only decent keeper in the world. And they'd be no shortage wanting to come to a PL side.

Stockdale has a fixed contract with his present employer, about to expire. Present employer have offered Stockdale a new contract and no doubt other potential employers have to. Employee needs to do what he sees as best for his family/career (as everyone one of us would), and weigh up all the offers. No party is obligated to the other. Give the guy a deadline of a few days/weeks etc to mull it over with his family, then withdraw the offer (if not signed) and move on to find replacement employee.

Its really that simple, no need for histrionics or snide comments on any side, he was a great servant whilst under contract, shortly he wont be under contract unless he signs. If he doesn't, Good luck Dave, nobody is bigger than the club, we'll find a good new number 1 and the club moves on without you.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
/QUOTE]

Is this what it is all over?

Just before that, he'd tweeted he'd just got home from his fishing trip. Obviously, because his kids are at school, the family wasn't with him.
He then tweeted Family first, but that came just after Sky Sports news had reported him refusing to sign a contract. There's no source for the SSN report and you can see Stockdale has poo pooed it. The club announced a contract offer later in the evening.
Some fans jumped to conclusions thinking that Family first was relating to his career, when he obviously meant the family holiday. He confirmed it in a later tweet.

Storm in a teacup.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Loving this 'Gotta do what's best for his family' euphemism that's cropping up everywhere in football nowadays.

Think him and his family were already more than secure and set up for life quite a while ago.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Hopefully if, as it seems, he is going on holiday with his family we shall have no tweets or other news good or bad from anybody other than his agent as he will be pre occupied with his family.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here