Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FFP

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Can't be arsed to read that whole article but isn't it now £39mil over 3 seasons starting with this one? So £13mil a year but could in theory go £50 mil over for first 2 seasons then make it back in 3rd year with player sales, taking you back under the £39m or whatever threshold?!

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Can't be arsed to read that whole article but isn't it now £39mil over 3 seasons starting with this one? So £13mil a year but could in theory go £50 mil over for first 2 seasons then make it back in 3rd year with player sales, taking you back under the £39m or whatever threshold?!

If it looks after 1 or 2 years that you'll exceed the £39m the club would have to submit a business plan that shows how the reverting to within the limit would be achieved.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
If it looks after 1 or 2 years that you'll exceed the £39m the club would have to submit a business plan that shows how the reverting to within the limit would be achieved.

By that £39mil in 3 years starts with this season right? So if we go up it doesn't matter? And if we don't it won't really matter until end of 17/18 when we may need to sell some players? I can't imagine the Albion risking being close to FFP failure given how important they regard it...?

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
I know Ed. He's a good guy.

Got an email back from him when I questioned his article and sent him the link to the Albion Roar show.

Thanks for that, I didn't know Kieran was a Brighton fan. The accounts for 2015/16 don't seem to have been filed at Companies House yet but it sounds like Kieran has the info (I will contact him as we have corresponded many times).

I did explain in the article that spend on youth development and infrastruture costs can be excluded and deducted from the headline loss figure - unfortunately, clubs only release the infrastucture costs as Depreciation in the accounts and rarely release the Youth expenditure.

The Depreciation is listed in the accounts as around £500k (in 2015/16) and as I pointed out, it is rare to have youth spend of over £500 in the Championship. But I note Kieran's comments on the BHAFC Academy, Personally, I would be surprised if that equates to over £10m of exclusions in the 2016/17 season but will get Kieran's view.

Also regarding FFP, the issue isn't just whether they got under the £13m last season but whether they got under £39m over three seasons (including this one). It doesn'tt look like 2016/17 will be much better than 2016/17 (owling to a lack of player sales (as Keiran points out).

The piece about the timing of receipts for Ulloa is probably not relevant. What counts for FFP purposes is the book value profit or loss when the player was sold. However if there is some kind of 'PL Championship bonus' that would be received at a later date, then that WOULD come on top.Personally,I think that is probably pretty unlikely but there may be goal-bonus for the player.

Regards,
Ed

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Got an email back from him when I questioned his article and sent him the link to the Albion Roar show.

Thanks for that, I didn't know Kieran was a Brighton fan. The accounts for 2015/16 don't seem to have been filed at Companies House yet but it sounds like Kieran has the info (I will contact him as we have corresponded many times).

I did explain in the article that spend on youth development and infrastruture costs can be excluded and deducted from the headline loss figure - unfortunately, clubs only release the infrastucture costs as Depreciation in the accounts and rarely release the Youth expenditure.

The Depreciation is listed in the accounts as around £500k (in 2015/16) and as I pointed out, it is rare to have youth spend of over £500 in the Championship. But I note Kieran's comments on the BHAFC Academy, Personally, I would be surprised if that equates to over £10m of exclusions in the 2016/17 season but will get Kieran's view.

Also regarding FFP, the issue isn't just whether they got under the £13m last season but whether they got under £39m over three seasons (including this one). It doesn'tt look like 2016/17 will be much better than 2016/17 (owling to a lack of player sales (as Keiran points out).

The piece about the timing of receipts for Ulloa is probably not relevant. What counts for FFP purposes is the book value profit or loss when the player was sold. However if there is some kind of 'PL Championship bonus' that would be received at a later date, then that WOULD come on top.Personally,I think that is probably pretty unlikely but there may be goal-bonus for the player.

Regards,
Ed

I've sent Ed the summary of the accounts that went onto NSC. He'd made a slight error in using the club accounts rather than those of the holding company (which owns the Amex and Lancing) which explains the difference in some of the figures.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Paris-St Germain investigated by Uefa over Financial Fair Play

Uefa has opened a formal investigation into Paris St-Germain as part of its "ongoing monitoring" of clubs under Financial Fair Play (FFP) regulations.

More.....http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41129494

I bet the poodle Platini, will get his snout into this!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here