Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Marvin Johnson

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Blimey, you were serious. If you haven't watched him perhaps you shouldn't judge him.

You know the 'Moneyball' approach does have some credence? Albeit it didn't work for Brentford...

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Oh God not this again, the player of the Championship for the first half of last season. Remind me not to take anything you say seriously again.

(assuming you are talking about lua, not Marvin).

He was good before his injury, but was an awful 1 trick pony when he came back. I'm not sure what went wrong, but he was lost in the games he played in the 2nd half of the season. I hope he recovers his mojo.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
So you don't know if he is good enough to be a top Championship player, but you think he would be a GREAT signing for Brighton.???

Because he would be a good squad player but whether he is as good as what we have.......................... Strength in depth is essential if you are looking to get promoted. Also, you never know if someone can make the step up when they come from a different division. I thought this was quite clear by stating I don't know if it would be a good move for the player himself because he might not play frequently

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Oh God not this again, the player of the Championship for the first half of last season. Remind me not to take anything you say seriously again.

(assuming you are talking about lua, not Marvin).

The player of the championship for the first half of the season ? REALLY? Or the first month of the season

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
Think he'd be a decent enough risk but feel we may gain just another squad player like Towell seems to have become.
Obviously we all want that one in a million find like Leicester with Mahrez and Vardy, no reason he couldn't be but expecting we probably won't find out.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Think he'd be a decent enough risk but feel we may gain just another squad player like Towell seems to have become.
Obviously we all want that one in a million find like Leicester with Mahrez and Vardy, no reason he couldn't be but expecting we probably won't find out.
Towell is injured

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Really not convinced there's anything in this, Once March is back we've got 5 wingers and any no.10 we are after will be a big signing like that Pilchard would have been.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
McGhee
'I was at Brighton`s game with Lazio last week and I spoke to their chairman and Paul Winstanley, and neither of them mentioned Marvin Johnson to me. So it`s all speculation. I know these guys very, very well and I can assure you they would speak to me. Marvin has got to deal with the speculation, we`ve got to deal with it too. Until somebody makes an offer then the speculation`s not really worth the paper it`s written on.'

Read more: http://www.bha.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=569666#ixzz4GqbCulHp

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
Towell is injured

Was unaware he's injured, but was referring to the impact he's had on our starting eleven prior to injury.
I really hope he comes good for us but right now we need a player able to challenge for a starting place, not just make up the numbers in case of injuries or suspensions.
If, now that's a big if, we are interested, I hope this guy is that rough diamond we can quickly craft into an indispensable world-beater.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Because he would be a good squad player but whether he is as good as what we have.......................... Strength in depth is essential if you are looking to get promoted. Also, you never know if someone can make the step up when they come from a different division. I thought this was quite clear by stating I don't know if it would be a good move for the player himself because he might not play frequently

Hardly great then is it.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
There's me thinking having more than 3 strikers is essential if you are looking to get promoted.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
In case you haven't noticed, I've been doing this all summer to stop my mind going numb with all the transfer dullness. Congratulations, your the first one to bite in 8 weeks. ��.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

No, I hadn't noticed. You need a hobby.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
I imagine we're looking at someone who could play just behind the striker, we wouldn't be signing him as a winger.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here