Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] The Live Music thread

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
Any early info on Together the People line up?

SFA listed on ticketmaster....official news later tonight I understand. One of you lot must know more? Spill the beanage.

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
John Grant announced 1 of only 2 English shows at the Dome today. £25.50 though. Ouch!

What is Together the People? The line up on Ticketmaster looks shit for £45 and is it full of people who aren't going to be very interested in SFA? Gutted they didn't just announce a Dome date - their last gig there was one of the best shows I've seen.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Serious weekend of gig action

Thurs - Fumaca Preta/ Joey 4
Fri - Esben/ Abi Wade/ Merlin Tonto
Sat - Sleaford Mods/ Cravats
Sun - Julie Ruin/ Slum of Legs

I'm tired thinking about it..

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
John Grant announced 1 of only 2 English shows at the Dome today. £25.50 though. Ouch!

What is Together the People? The line up on Ticketmaster looks shit for £45 and is it full of people who aren't going to be very interested in SFA? Gutted they didn't just announce a Dome date - their last gig there was one of the best shows I've seen.

You're not wrong. I can not get my head round PSB's popularity, I thought their gimmick had one album in it, tops. Everytime I see them listed above British Sea Power on the bill for that festival in Tunbridge Wells, a bit of sick comes in my mouth.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011

Where can you see the line up for Together The People, and are you saying the Super Furries are playing at it? Have you got a link?

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
http://www.ticketmaster.co.uk/together-the-people-brighton-05-09-2015/event/1F004EA796FE28AB

"Together the People, Super Furry Animals, Levellers, Public Service Broadcasting, Lucy Rose, Ghostpoet, Dizraeli and the Small Gods, Lucy Spraggan, Brakes"

Cheers SHC.

Yes, an odd line up. But SFA in Brighton for £45 is much cheaper than the £32 plus all things London that I recently paid, so I will be there.

I like Ghostpoet too, and a mate is in The Levellers (not that I'm a fan, but don't tell him that...), so all good.

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
Cheers SHC.

Yes, an odd line up. But SFA in Brighton for £45 is much cheaper than the £32 plus all things London that I recently paid, so I will be there.

I like Ghostpoet too, and a mate is in The Levellers (not that I'm a fan, but don't tell him that...), so all good.

But, is it worth the fact that it being a one day festival thing means there'll be loads of wankers there (possibly!)?

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
True enough but currently ticketmaster lists the same acts both days so there is no info on day splits as far as I can tell

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
True enough but currently ticketmaster lists the same acts both days so there is no info on day splits as far as I can tell

Yes, but they are not on sale yet as far as I can tell. I'm sure they'll tell us who is on which day before they try to sell them!

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Hope so. Think it's going to be quite a tough sell. Seems a lot of crossover with the festival at Tunbridge wells

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
Weekend tix on sale now via C2. No single day tix yet.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Saw Hot Chip in a little quaint theatre in Neukolln last night. I've seen them a few times and this was by far the best, and a front runner for my gig of the year. They were just superb and I had a really fun crowd around me just intent on dancing. Even one of them overly protective boyfriend types broke and started jigging after a few songs. The band seemed to really enjoy as well and Alexis Taylor is a fun, if little, front man and even he was busting moves at the end.

Oh, and they ended their 90 minute set with a cover of Dancing in the Dark.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Update 2015 gig list:
Tickets purchased for:
Wand
Doldrums
Mikal Cronin
Sleaford Mods
AC/DC
Jeffrey Lewis
MELT! festival
Berlin Festival
U2
PIL
Motörhead
Lollapalooza Berlin
Fish performing Misplaced Childhood (with [MENTION=292]thedonkeycentrehalf[/MENTION] plus friends)
White Fence (with Mr and Mrs [MENTION=19321]Pogue Mahone[/MENTION])
The Maccabees (with Mr and Mrs [MENTION=19321]Pogue Mahone[/MENTION])

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here