Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Derby season ticket renewals - we could learn a lot

I'm kind of ok with what we are charged, seems pretty fair and club becoming more innovative. And would expect to pay more to watch us if we get promoted. But of course its not easy for everyone so would support more differentiation, eg marginally higher rates to support discount for those unemployed / disabled etc. i will get my hard hat.

Just out of interest, why do you think disabled spectators should get discounted match/season tickets? I'm disabled btw.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Derby have released the following statement and pricing structure for next season...

http://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/article/secure-your-seat-for-the-201516-season-2252871.aspx
http://www.wearederby.com/buy-tickets/season-tickets-prices-information/

Couple of ideas we'd do well to look at:
1) Early bird discounts = extra incentive
2) No mention of a rise should they get promotion = i.e. fans not feeling like theyre being mugged off
3) Reduced price for those renewing, further reduction on those renewing after more than 1 year = increased loyalty, extra incentive for those thinking twice about renewing

I think point 3 especially would be nice to see at the Albion. There are season ticket holders from the Gillingham and Withdean days who pay exactly the same price as someone who just walks in off the street. Pretty poor.

I agree season ticket Goldstone Gillingham and Withdean should get some benefit as should those that pay for their season ticket in one payment

Brighton Boy

Nov 11, 2003
Lancing
My travel to Falmer from Lancing 23 times a year would cost about £180.

So to have a season ticket that costs £450 with £180s worth of travel included in the cost is really all the incentive I need.

Plus I never needed incentives when we played at Withdean and that was a HOLE. So why would I need one now!

Madness that people want more.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Just out of interest, why do you think disabled spectators should get discounted match/season tickets? I'm disabled btw.

Not really trying to make a big point, just that i imagine going to a football match would be more difficult than otherwise so a price discount might encourage more disabled fans. Could be completely wrong. Whats your view?

Not really trying to make a big point, just that i imagine going to a football match would be more difficult than otherwise so a price discount might encourage more disabled fans. Could be completely wrong. Whats your view?
I didn't think you were trying to make a big point. The Club's obliged under the Equality Act (although there's no reference to it in the Club Charter) to make reasonable adjustments to its procedures/facilities to make them fully accessible for disabled people. This seems a reasonable approach to me although as the Amex was commissioned after the EA became law there's no excuse really. If you need a personal assistant then they get admitted free of charge and those with severe mobility issues can get a disabled parking space near to the stadium, although I don't get why this should be half price (ie £125). Frankly I don't expect to be subsidised just because I'm disabled, I just want to be able to get to a match the same as anyone else.

Last edited:

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Did you pay the band circa £400 each year? No, so it's a poor analogy.

I have a work colleague who is a Gary Barlow/take that nutter and she is paying well in excess of this a year to go to numerous concerts and she receives no discount despite the fact she paid substantially less in the 90's to watch take that.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I agree season ticket Goldstone Gillingham and Withdean should get some benefit as should those that pay for their season ticket in one payment

Why, there are virtually no businesses in the country who reward loyalty. And why should those who pay in one go pay less than those who pay over twelve months.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
I didn't think you were trying to make a big point. The Club's obliged under the Equality Act (although there's no reference to it in the Club Charter) to make reasonable adjustments to its procedures/facilities to make them fully accessible for disabled people. This seems a reasonable approach to me although as the Amex was commissioned after the EA became law there's no excuse really. If you need a personal assistant then they get admitted free of charge and those with severe mobility issues can get a disabled parking space near to the stadium, although I don't get why this should be half price (ie £125). Frankly I don't expect to be subsidised just because I'm disabled, I just want to be able to get to a match the same as anyone else.

The club is more or less doing what i was indicating through the parking charges. But i take your point about disability shouldn't necessarily mean different treatment

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here