Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fans Forum

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
That really didn't fill me with confidence in any of them, or the season ahead. Or the fans who came up with the inane and pointless questions.

We're doomed!
Go yourself next time, then you can ask away to your hearts content.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
The most interesting part for me was that our Academy got the best score in the country which considering this time last year we were sharing with the Uni is absolutely huge.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
To be fair most questions tonight were very good. It was certainly wasn't cringeworthy like previous fans forums have been in the past. Well done all. Even the women asked decent questions. Normally when you hear a woman's voice you really fear the worse.

That is a very brave statement:)

Quaid

Nov 6, 2011
Thought it was alright, some good questions this year. Seems the cheeses are more realistic than a lot of folks here. Everything is well managed, let's just hope we don't over manage and disappear up our own bottoms.

Davey Boy Smith

Jul 5, 2003
The most interesting part for me was that our Academy got the best score in the country which considering this time last year we were sharing with the Uni is absolutely huge.

This. Incredible to think that without it even being open 6 months it was seen as the best Academy in the country. I always thought a new training ground was important but to have the best one in the country is fantastic. Well done to all concerned.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Sounds negative as anything which considering 3 days before the season and last years lessons is an absolute joke ! End of aug very well but just what we heard about being in place for pre season then the first game . Mojo all time low going into a season . So want it to not be . Stockdale and argus sat got mojo ready to go but we've just nothing to really get the juices flowing . Main thing on Saturday is day on the piss and the Amex , football a disappointing side show at moment . Sami sounded like had no idea

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
All a bit downbeat, wasn't it? All three seem to acknowledge that we are struggling, and are in a worse place than we would want to be.

I thought that too.

Barber did his best to at least speak with some enthusiasm, but our glorious leader Tony Bloom sounded more than a bit pissed off to me. Whether that is to do with well known people having exceptionally large mouths when it comes to giving out far from complete transfer information, I don't know.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
The academy and the fact that we're in line to meet FFP bode well for the future......the playing side looks weak at the moment, but there will be some pretty desperate players/agents come the last couple of weeks of August so that should help.

My feelings are that we'll get stronger as the season goes on.

Last edited:

Prettyboyshaw

Feb 20, 2004
Saltdean
Well the chest pumping building the fans up plr bollocks has turned into meek we are doing our best against the big team bullies but please spend lots more whilst shithouse Middlesbrough nick our 'star' signing.

Steve in Japan

NSC Patron
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
Sounds negative as anything which considering 3 days before the season and last years lessons is an absolute joke ! End of aug very well but just what we heard about being in place for pre season then the first game . Mojo all time low going into a season . So want it to not be . Stockdale and argus sat got mojo ready to go but we've just nothing to really get the juices flowing . Main thing on Saturday is day on the piss and the Amex , football a disappointing side show at moment . Sami sounded like had no idea

I read their comments to mean that the premier league circus (of course including those who wish to join) will continue to spiral out of control, but that we can't get involved. Probably the wise choice, but we all need to tailor our expectations accordingly.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here