Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

McDonalds

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
McDonalds is bad for you, it's basically chemicals and sugar of the worst kind. Eating there often is bad for you. But people don't think these things catch up with them. They do when you're 55 and you have colon cancer.

Although the chances are you won't get colon cancer if you eat a McDonalds once a month and a proper healthy diet. McDonalds is an indulgence and a convience - and everybody knows that if you use it as a source for your default meal, you're going to have health problems. We didn't need to see "Supersize Me" to arrive at that conclusion either.

I guess all I'm asking is why you even bothered mentioning this and consequently spawning a really pointless discussion? It's nothing new is it?

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Although the chances are you won't get colon cancer if you eat a McDonalds once a month and a proper healthy diet. McDonalds is an indulgence and a convience - and everybody knows that if you use it as a source for your default meal, you're going to have health problems. We didn't need to see "Supersize Me" to arrive at that conclusion either.

I guess all I'm asking is why you even bothered mentioning this and consequently spawning a really pointless discussion? It's nothing new is it?

Following that logic why have a thread past a first post that says " McDonalds is full of crap but won't do you much harm eaten occasionally"? Or for that matter, why have a thread at all? We all know what the score is.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Haven't eaten in McDonalds regularly since the kids were little, but we stopped at one on the A27 a few weeks ago. Didn't realise they did salads now and apparently they weren't bad. (I didn't have one myself obviously as I'm a bloke, but my wife said it was ok). I didn't have a Big Mac, which used to be my burger of choice, but some speciality one. It wasn't bad.

Then the other week we went to the Grubbs near St Peter's church. I used to love Grubbs when I were a young man, but I have to say they haven't stood the test of time. The burger I had at McDonalds was superior.

MJsGhost

Remembers
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Haven't eaten in McDonalds regularly since the kids were little, but we stopped at one on the A27 a few weeks ago. Didn't realise they did salads now and apparently they weren't bad. (I didn't have one myself obviously as I'm a bloke, but my wife said it was ok). I didn't have a Big Mac, which used to be my burger of choice, but some speciality one. It wasn't bad.

Then the other week we went to the Grubbs near St Peter's church. I used to love Grubbs when I were a young man, but I have to say they haven't stood the test of time. The burger I had at McDonalds was superior.

I too used to love Grubbs, but the one near Palmeira Sq has gone to sh|t over the years too. Fortunately Burger Off is nearby, so unless it's a Sunday, Monday or Wednesday I'm sorted!

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
I'm 117 days clean.

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
I too used to love Grubbs, but the one near Palmeira Sq has gone to sh|t over the years too. Fortunately Burger Off is nearby, so unless it's a Sunday, Monday or Wednesday I'm sorted!

Grubbs used to be a treat, but it has gone remarkably downhill over the past 18 months. Burger off is ok, but honestly, Smoque Grill is where it's all happening now. trust me.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Exposé as in the nutritional fact sheet that's provided with every meal?

You may take a nutritional fact sheet with your every McDonald's meal: I can honestly say I've never seen one.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Hate the place any resturant that expects me to pay to clean my own table can **** themselves.

I usually just buy my stuff,eat it and then dump my crap in the bin followed by a swift exit.
I feel quite smug now knowing all these years i have actually managed to avoid paying the charge for cleaning my own table.

They really should advertise it better that you have to pay to do this,i suspect i am not the only one that has been getting away with it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here