Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rabbi bans girls five years and above from riding a bike

gregbrighton

Aug 10, 2014
Brighton
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...r-five-riding-bikes-provocative-a7064201.html

Ridiculous, really. What planet do these extremist religious leaders live on? May I suggest they refrain from gazing their eyes downwards?

And these same leaders don't want women to study in further education. There have been several recent stories about the way extremist Muslim, Christian and Jewish schools in this country have infected and indocrinated children with their fundamentalist ideology. It's pretty awful. The government needs to clamp down on this stuff. Nip it in the bud for the benefit of society. Keep this sort of religios indocrination out of our schools!

Oct 25, 2003
You seem to start A LOT of threads about religion, spirituality etc. on here- probably more than anyone else. Can I ask an off topic innocent question? Why? Have you had a particular bad experience? Is it an area of interest for you? Just interested really

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
I think the problem with their society lies in this very small quote "that bicycle seats caused young girls to sit in a way men found “provocative”."

I can safely say I have never looked at a young girl on a bike, and thought her "provocative". If men in Israel need to be protected from this, then the problem lies elsewhere. Not with young girls on bikes.

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
I think the problem with their society lies in this very small quote "that bicycle seats caused young girls to sit in a way men found “provocative”."

I can safely say I have never looked at a young girl on a bike, and thought her "provocative". If men in Israel need to be protected from this, then the problem lies elsewhere. Not with young girls on bikes.

So nail on head.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
I wonder how people view me on my daily ride to work? I don't know if I feel appreciated or cheap.

gregbrighton

Aug 10, 2014
Brighton
You seem to start A LOT of threads about religion, spirituality etc. on here- probably more than anyone else. Can I ask an off topic innocent question? Why? Have you had a particular bad experience? Is it an area of interest for you? Just interested really

I start more foodie threads than religious ones. I am a former practicing Christian realising after research that it was all a load of nonsense. I am now an atheist.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

That's an interesting point,,,especially as this incidcent is in another country.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Or nothing to do with the men/society..but one rabbi's stupid edict

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Catholic priests (and CoE vicars and scout leaders for that matter) have a reputation and a history for banning little boys who refuse to bend over for them - are they more or less extremist than exponents of the Jewish faith?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It wasn't that long ago that women were required to sit side saddle on scooters in Italy, or all over Europe, whilst on horseback.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015

Spot on.

gregbrighton

Aug 10, 2014
Brighton
It wasn't until I read the God Delusion that I realised the whole "Christian/Muslim/Hindu Child" thing is like a form of brain washing.

A recent article on it>>>> https://richarddawkins.net/2015/02/dont-force-your-religious-opinions-on-your-children/

I know Dawkins is, at times, harsh in how he puts his points across, but in this area he's not wrong IMO...... and at least he's not Pat Condell.

It was Dawkins which made me think more about my beliefs and starting a path to questioning it.

Recently, I came across 'The Atheist Experience' - a YouTube channel run by atheists in Austin, Texas (in the heart of the Bible Belt). They have a regular phone in show. It's worth taking a look. I found it entertaining.

https://www.youtube.com/user/TheAtheistExperience

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here