Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Siege in central Sydney

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Looks like our hijacked has fulfilled his wish to go to heaven early. Picking on the Aussies is usually a good way of doing that.

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
Police have stormed the cafe....

"Police say they believe the man who seized hostages is Man Haron Monis - an Iranian-born cleric who has been granted asylum in Australia"

"Man Haron Monis is currently on bail for a string of violent offences and has a conviction for sending offensive letters to the families of deceased Australian soldiers, the BBC's Jon Donnison in Sydney reports."

Now the authorities have to answer for this

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Instead of the usual anti-Islam stuff you get after incidents like this, Australians have gone a different route after a Twitter hashtag #IllRideWithYou started trending to make Muslims in the country feel safer when travelling. You wouldnt really expect much else from the Aussies.

Incredible solidarity.

http://www.theguardian.com/australi...o-sydneys-muslims-after-cafe-siege?CMP=twt_gu

Holding up twitter as representative is like holding up thr Gaurdian newspaper as such.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
They've gone in

Actually nice to see the authorities have some balls. Reminds me of Thatcher and the Iranian embassy. Nutters should be under no illusion that they will be met with extreme force.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Actually nice to see the authorities have some balls. Reminds me of Thatcher and the Iranian embassy. Nutters should be under no illusion that they will be met with extreme force.

The big problem is that the fundamentalists openly embrace death so they will happily accept certain death. So, not much of a deterrent.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Flippant reaction in post incident interview, more concerned about possible drop in tourists than the inept killing of two hostages when they could have taken him him with a sniper earlier

zxtwinturbo

Nov 7, 2014
He is notorious in Australia for sending abusive letters to family members of soldiers killed in Afghanistan and was sentenced to 300 hours of community service for his campaign.

Seems to Aussie goverment is as spineless as ours,this piece of filth should of been deported back to the muslim dump he came from

Ex-Staffs Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Adelaide, SA
Flippant reaction in post incident interview, more concerned about possible drop in tourists than the inept killing of two hostages when they could have taken him him with a sniper earlier
No they couldnt, it was an old bank and the glass was specially toughened. That is why no sniper took him as they couldnt predict the path the bullet would take.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
He is notorious in Australia for sending abusive letters to family members of soldiers killed in Afghanistan and was sentenced to 300 hours of community service for his campaign.

Seems to Aussie goverment is as spineless as ours,this piece of filth should of been deported back to the muslim dump he came from

That's the least of his crimes.

Read up on the case involving his ex wife and her murder.

Guy wasn't a terrorist. Just a ****ing nutjob that should have already been in jail.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
That's not what I'd have expected and it's refreshing to see.
Speak to Australians, and other ex-pats, they are not well known for their racially harmonious attitudes,..... believe me.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Speak to Australians, and other ex-pats, they are not well known for their racially harmonious attitudes,..... believe me.
That was my point.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here