Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
wasn't this bloke was it? :D

052410_pedal_powered_police_car_t-300x250.jpg

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
Surely if he hasn't shown you any ID, hasn't told you why you have been stopped and seemingly wasn't stopping you because there was an accident or incident up ahead then I would leave

There is surely not much they can do as to pull you over they have to have a valid reason and explain that to you. He may very well have but hasn't explained it so it's barely even a stop at this stage.Very odd that he said to wait though, if it was that serious that he had to run off it isn't going to be because his mate got a splinter

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Do you have a brake light out?

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I thought Beadle was no longer about.

Look for hidden TV crews.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Had an interesting one a bit like this.

Was driving along the seafront from Worthing to Lancing to get to practice with my band. Was going too fast, think about 38 in a 30 (feels ridiculous that it is a 30 at that time of night, not built up whatsoever and no one around for a mile, but rules is rules).

Got pulled over by a copper who had a speed gun in his hand, standing on the little island in the middle of the road by the Lancing Go Karting place, if you know it.

Was pulled into the car park alongside two other sheepish looking drivers, and another copper was slowly getting to each of us to issue tickets. Whilst he was with me, I could hear a car absolutely BELTING it up the road. Next thing I hear is the copper with the speed gun shouting at him to pull over. I hear the car accelerate and the driver shout "**** OFF" very loudly.

Speed gun copper runs back to their car, and my chap says off you go to me, as they both jump in to give pursuit. In their rush to leave, skidding wheels and all, they SCRAPE pretty badly on the side of the car behind me, another guy waiting to be given a ticket. Proper GTA stuff, the whole situation.

Needless to say, he didn't stick around and wait to be ticketed.

Last edited:

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
No one respects the po po anymore anyway, drive on.

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Have you got your trousers on?

Are you locked in with no means of escape?

(Disclaimer: If I've got the wrong poster, this might be embarrassing!)

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
[MENTION=12101]Mellotron[/MENTION] mate had the police crash into the back of his jam jar whilst stationary at some traffic lights. They said his brake lights were out and he was liable for the collision! Not sure how it ended up but I think he carried the can.

So the guy behind you had his car damaged - the police didn't stick around to apologise I guess?

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Most of you are mad, the driver said he's done nothing wrong and you expect him to sit there for as long as it takes or spend time contacting THEM. Bollocks to them, if its anything serious they'll soon track him down.

I agree

I would have left as soon as the policeman drove off. You are not supposed to sit on the hard shoulder unless you have broken down

matey

Mar 16, 2014
No need to hang about and certainly no waiting on the hard shoulder except in an emergency which this is not.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here