Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] There is ZERO chance of SIGNING anyone today.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
He's not a striker, plays more in the supporting strike role, the 3 behind the loan striker. We played him a lot at #10 (mainly 'cos we didn't have anyone else to play there after Kasey was injured in Feb), but he'd be decent on the right or left too.

Great player, drives forward with the ball very well and works hard coming back.

And yet Wagner thought higher priority was to re-establish the Palmer loan, and bring in a presumably backup GK instead?

I see nobody has picked up on this yet, that the team who actually HAD him on loan did not prioritise getting him back for the same competition we find ourselves in.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
He's not a striker, plays more in the supporting strike role, the 3 behind the loan striker. We played him a lot at #10 (mainly 'cos we didn't have anyone else to play there after Kasey was injured in Feb), but he'd be decent on the right or left too.

Great player, drives forward with the ball very well and works hard coming back.

I must have seen different games on TV than some. He looked an excellent player to me and mature beyond his years. He stood out in a very good Championship team.

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
And yet Wagner thought higher priority was to re-establish the Palmer loan, and bring in a presumably backup GK instead?

I see nobody has picked up on this yet, that the team who actually HAD him on loan did not prioritise getting him back for the same competition we find ourselves in.

Is that a fact? Do we know Brown didn't fancy a go somewhere else this season?

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield

You're a sort of "glass half empty" type of person aren't you. :)

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
You're a sort of "glass half empty" type of person aren't you. :)

Probably seems that way. However, I have maintained through many threads that I don't rate Brown and hoped we wouldn't sign him long before we have (potentially) declared interest. Would be disingenuous of me to go back on that because there's a chance he might be in the stripes. Obviously I hope i'm massively wrong, but the last time I went against the tide of happy clappers was Akpom and we know how that one turned out.

Fnd_hudds

That Huddersfield Tosser
Feb 3, 2017

There's probably more end-game potential with Palmer and we have been angling to set up a loan with a clause to buy at the end (though unfortunately that didn't happen in the end).

They're different players though. Izzy is more direct, whereas Kasey is a bit more of a link-up player. Both excellent, and as I said would have been overjoyed with either coming to us again this season.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006

I'm guessing they needed Palmer more and have just spent something like £8m on Ince who was available to buy

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
All this worrying about Huddersfield!
If you ask me it lookslike he is buying a whole new team a bit like QPR when they went up

And straight back down again !!

And Palace under Holloway.
Most of them never seen again (remember Spain's Under 21 captain? Palace fans don't)

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Mirror reporting us and Bmuff, in for Martin Braithwaite, a Danish international striker currently at Toulouse, £12 mil

Brighton and Bournemouth are both chasing £12m Toulouse striker Martin Braithwaite

Braithwaite, 26, has been at Toulouse for four years and has caught the eye of Brighton who are keen to beef up their strike force

COMMENTS
BYJOHN CROSS
18:41, 5 JUL 2017

Niklas Suele of Germany and Martin Braithwaite of Denmark battle for the ball during a recent friendly (Photo: Martin Rose)
Get Football updates directly to your inbox
+ Subscribe
Newly promoted Brighton are chasing Toulouse striker Martin Braithwaite.

Bournemouth are also in for the £12m-rated Danish international who could be ready to leave France for English football.

Braithwaite, 26, has been at Toulouse for four years and has caught the eye of Brighton who are keen to beef up their strike force.

But Brighton now face competition from Bournemouth with Toulouse likely to have to sell at the right price.

Eddie Howe has already signed Asmir Begovic, Jermain Defoem Nathan Ake and Connor Mahoney this summer.

Brighton, meanwhile, have brought in Pascal Gross, Josh Kerr and Mathew Ryan.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Mirror reporting us and Bmuff, in for Martin Braithwaite, a Danish international striker currently at Toulouse, £12 mil

Brighton and Bournemouth are both chasing £12m Toulouse striker Martin Braithwaite

Braithwaite, 26, has been at Toulouse for four years and has caught the eye of Brighton who are keen to beef up their strike force

COMMENTS
BYJOHN CROSS

Niklas Suele of Germany and Martin Braithwaite of Denmark battle for the ball during a recent friendly (Photo: Martin Rose)
+ Subscribe

Bournemouth are also in for the £12m-rated Danish international who could be ready to leave France for English football.

Braithwaite, 26, has been at Toulouse for four years and has caught the eye of Brighton who are keen to beef up their strike force.

But Brighton now face competition from Bournemouth with Toulouse likely to have to sell at the right price.

Eddie Howe has already signed Asmir Begovic, Jermain Defoem Nathan Ake and Connor Mahoney this summer.

West Ham were in for him weren't they?

I guess they have moved on to Hernandez.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005

COMMENTS
BYJOHN CROSS

+ Subscribe

He will go to plucky little Bournemouth as he will feel sorry for such a small club being in the premier league

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
He will go to plucky little Bournemouth as he will feel sorry for such a small club being in the premier league

If it is a choice between Bournemouth or Brighton he won't be coming here. Where is [MENTION=35593]Flying Farrier[/MENTION] when you need him?

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
If it is a choice between Bournemouth or Brighton he won't be coming here. Where is [MENTION=35593]Flying Farrier[/MENTION] when you need him?

I suppose it depends on how much we want him, if we need to up our game in the world of PL transfers and how far we will go to entice him....sort of what Huddersfield have done to push deals through..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here