Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The Championship this midweek

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
I'm confused. Are Brentford going to tear us a new one and then get easily beaten by Reading ?

Brentford away vs Brentford at home. Entirely different proposition as they have shown all season. Smashed Villa 3-0 tonight at Home.

Maybe just an inconsistent team completely and we will win on Sunday but shown what they can do tonight.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Yes. People were getting carried away this time last week. Since then Reading have won two games (and held on against Fulham last Tuesday) and it seems we might as well give up. Very odd.

I don't think anyone is suggesting we 'might as well give up' just that the pressure is on us and we have two tough games in quick succession.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Not giving up. Just nervous as hell as the season enters the final third. The third still sounds like a lot of season to me.

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
WTF is wrong with all you mongs. Of course the chasing pack are gonna pick up points. It's what we do that matters, nothing else.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
I don't think anyone is suggesting we 'might as well give up' just that the pressure is on us and we have two tough games in quick succession.

It is close to hysteria. They can't catch us at the weekend despite having played two games more. To add to that, their next three games are easy while it is ignored that they still have all the top teams to play except Derby.

I am not saying they won't catch us, I just think there is a bit of panic when we've won our last two games in the league and lost one in 21 league games.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Brentford away vs Brentford at home. Entirely different proposition as they have shown all season. Smashed Villa 3-0 tonight at Home.

Maybe just an inconsistent team completely and we will win on Sunday but shown what they can do tonight.
Brentford are the 13th best home team in the league. Before tonight's game I would have expected to comfortably beat them at their place.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It is close to hysteria. They can't catch us at the weekend despite having played two games more. To add to that, their next three games are easy while it is ignored that they still have all the top teams to play except Derby.

I am not saying they won't catch us, I just think there is a bit of panic when we've won our last two games in the league and lost one in 21 league games.

That's a bit OTT. I don't read anything like hysteria or panic. We do have two very hard away games coming up, and in the meantime Reading are on a good unbeaten run. That's just stating facts.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Think reading will win their next 3 as they have shitswich away,then Barnsley and Brentford at home although it gets really tough after that.
No easy games in this league and we have a long long way to go with many tough games....when is it ever easy?
I'd prefer it this way as it keeps us focused :)

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
I notice that after more than a week of football Newcastle have been unable to knock us off top place. Useless, if only we hadn't dropped 3 points at Lincoln.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Think reading will win their next 3 as they have shitswich away,then Barnsley and Brentford at home although it gets really tough after that.
No easy games in this league and we have a long long way to go with many tough games....when is it ever easy?

This. Can't afford any arrogance/complacency the next defeat is around the corner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade

Id take 4pts from the next two games

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Feel sorry for the Bluenoses-promising season under Rowett turned into nothing by the board.Still,they can laugh at Villa.:lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here