Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
If you genuinely wish to change your pension investment strategy you will have to transfer your pension from Abbey Life into a SIPP so that have an open investment architecture and can choose your own investment products.

Well that's that then.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Yes.

But be clear. The question on the ballot was simply remain or leave the EU.

There is nothing there about free movement or immigration.

Everything beyond the act of leaving is detail, and a negotiating point.
And there in a nutshell is the folly of such a referendum. Nobody really knows what the alternative will actually be. Immigration was laid at the door of the EU. I think we'd have been better off dealing with how to distribute immigrants rather than let the poor put up with the fall out. Our laws taking precedent over EU laws? Let's see how hard Boris campaigns for social justice, a fairer voting system, and against an unelected upper chamber. It's only reasonable if you really do believe this was all about taking law making back from Brussels.

In ten years time, when we are paying as much to have access to the single market but unable to influence it in any way, and the UK is split, Cameron will go down as the worst PM England has ever had for his simpering gutless decision to go to the people over this, just because UKIP were eating into HIS party's votes.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Why don't people look for the positives. If i wasn't old, past it and retired I would be setting up a company to outsource Government administration. It'll be the biggest growing industry in Britain over the next 3 years

There's gold in them there hills :thumbsup:???

I have been looking for the postives but so far I still have a blank page

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
A percentage of people may not have had the opportunity to get to the polling station due to illness or work commitments being on holiday....I think the turnout would not be higher were there to magically be a 2nd referendum.

Anyone who couldn't get to a polling station could easily get a postal vote. I did.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
It's just gone past 3 million.

Screenshot from 2016-06-26 10:18:07.png

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
If the EU suddenly pops up and delivers a range of the reforms that Britain was looking for originally, that would be a justification for the UK to halt it's declaration.....or pause at least... it would present tricky legal arguments.
I don't think it would be that tricky, we could just have another referendum - but I don't see the EU reforming in the short term. They're like FIFA, they need complete change.

Very good to hear Merkel come out with some measured and stateswomanlike comments
She's a grown up among a group of kids.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
The decision has been made, there's a huge amount of hard work ahead, time to knuckle down and get on with it.

I didn't vote leave but that's irrelevant, in a democracy you should respect the decision. Calling for a second vote is just being a bad loser, it's a bit like trying to unshag someone when you had beer goggles on the previous night.

Sent from Konnie Huq's lingerie drawer.

I agree with the sentiment, but do you honestly think the leave campaign would have left it alone if the reverse result had come in? Farage had already stated that a 52% vote for remain would not have been good enough and. A second referendum would have been pursued.
Are the SNP going to leave their democratic referendum result in place?

It would appear that the Remain campaign are the only side who are expected to abide by the democratic process.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Second EU Referendum Petition Started By Leave Voter William Oliver Healey

He started it in the event of a Remain win. - Huffington Post [link]

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I agree with the sentiment, but do you honestly think the leave campaign would have left it alone if the reverse result had come in? Farage had already stated that a 52% vote for remain would not have been good enough and. A second referendum would have been pursued.
Are the SNP going to leave their democratic referendum result in place?

It would appear that the Remain campaign are the only side who are expected to abide by the democratic process.

Let's abide by it then.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I would add that I trust those in the 'leave' camp will also respect all strike decisions made by a majority of trade union members when calling for strike action, such as the 98% of BMA members who voted for industrial action earlier this year.

We are lucky to be in a democracy, and that means that you accept the decisions of those who vote, regardless of how you voted yourself.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
I would add that I trust those in the 'leave' camp will also respect all strike decisions made by a majority of trade union members when calling for strike action, such as the 98% of BMA members who voted for industrial action earlier this year.

We are lucky to be in a democracy, and that means that you accept the decisions of those who vote, regardless of how you voted yourself.

The trouble is just over a third of the electorate voted to leave.

Is that enough to justify the chaos that could ensue? Especially as the vast majority of those haven't got a clue about the economic repercussions of leaving and the rest can't be certain.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Second EU Referendum Petition Started By Leave Voter William Oliver Healey

He started it in the event of a Remain win. - Huffington Post [link]

Well Cameron and corbyn have both said they support the result and will not request another referendum for sore losers. You can keep posting it but please just bore off. The decision has been made and leave won by 1.3M votes
O

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade

Is that enough to justify the chaos that could ensue? Especially as the vast majority of those haven't got a clue about the economic repercussions of leaving and the rest can't be certain.

What economic repercussions. What factual truthful ones can you bring to the table

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

Yes it is. If a majority of 18-24 year olds decided to not vote, and therefore reduce their opportunities for future economic success and choice, then they've made a conscious decision to do so.

Whilst I despair at the decision, it should still be respected.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Yeah right ... many of the remainers who deride the leave voters as uneducated, xenophobic, morons. Superiority complex is 99% on your side sunshine.

This is fair comment, although I wan't to remain it is out of order to tell the leavers they are all stupid, racist or both. The E.U. has so many issues that it is not difficult to see why people could vote out. I have been guilty of a bit of this over the last couple of days.
However, who here is surprised to learn that Pretty Pink Fairy voted out?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here