Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] From the makers of Line Of Duty....CONTAINS SPOILERS

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Thought the last episode was poor compared to previous five. Thought bits of it just did not follow. Looked like they couldn't work out whether it was going to be 6 or 7 episodes.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
3BC4BC45-D9B6-4D7E-BBEA-EB8611D3AC25.jpeg

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
Thought the last episode was poor compared to previous five. Thought bits of it just did not follow. Looked like they couldn't work out whether it was going to be 6 or 7 episodes.

It's often the case with a series based on deception, betrayal and politics that it starts out brilliantly and continues that way until the different strands need to be joined-up. At that point the writers often resort to a 'leap of faith' solution - which happened with the confession of the woman bomb maker. We should now believe that she made several others and had them delivered to various sources (including the criminal underworld) well before she was arrested on the train. Also, that the bomb that killed the Home Sec was planted (and remained undiscovered) right under the noses of the security people - despite a number of sweeps.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I enjoyed it and the viewing figures suggest plenty of others did too. Was the storyline any further fetched than a Bond movie? It’s not real life and there were some holes in the plot but overall good Sunday night entertainment.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
I enjoyed it but a few things annoyed me:

The train wasn't right for Euston
Small thing, when him and the kids got home from the train the little boy ran right past the entrance to his house and had to run back again
How did the bomb maker tell her team all about his children and where they went to school from a high security prison
Why did they make the point of him putting the tablet in the boiler, why not let us wonder where it was
How come his wife knew exactly where to dig
How was he going to push the bomber out of the train when the door button was the other side of the toilet surely the bomber would have detonated while waiting for the five seconds or so for the door to open
We were told the first bomb went off when they were trying to disable it but they were able to take if off the women if it was exactly the same why couldn't they take it off Pope the same way
Why would a master bomb maker be wearing the vest in the first place

Good spots mostly. She did explain the last one though did she not?

I bet no one noticed that its been filmed in the future? If you freeze it at the right moment you can see the little date on the screen on the robot is 15/11/2018

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
I’m in the “good for 5 episodes but poor ending” camp. Just felt a bit ham fisted. Having him stood there in a vest essentially explaining the plot is just poor writing. The corrupt policewoman’s confession was really badly written. The criminal underworld guy, if it was going to be him, was massively underwritten (he did it all because her new law was going to add more scrutiny, really?) and if she’s so badass why did the Muslim woman not go through with blowing herself up? A real shame as had huge potential and could have been pulled together much more cleverly. Was expecting his wife’s boyfriend to be secret service, or even a Beautiful Mind style split personality ending (he switched his own bullets for blanks etc). Shame.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Not for me I'm afraid. Gave it about 20 minutes and the hope flzzled out. Just all looked rather 'BBC' (which used to be a compliment)- production values, stereotypical characters, stilted dialogue and - dare I say - a splash of pollical correctness with the female sniper. It looked like it could have been made15-20 years ago -other than the female sniper - but perhaps that was the rolling stock. (I liked the first 2 seasons of Line of Duty but it seemed to get up itself.)

Netflix has spoiled me.
Made by a company owned by ITV Studios (not BBC) and international rights sold to Netflix who invested in the production.

Deals like this happen all the time. The BBC (via their studios arm) have started making programmes for other channels, whilst distributing internationally programmes made by ITV.

I'd love to see a programme on the BBC which attempts to explain the complexity of it.

Sent from my BTV-DL09 using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here