Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] Oven repair

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Anyone able to help?

We have a fan assisted oven, Indesit, about 4 years old. It was happily cooking our dinner this evening, when we were plunged into darkness - the fuse to downstairs triggered. On resetting the fuse, all is well apart from the fan assisted oven and, bizarrely, half of the electric grill which have both ceased to function.

Before trawling through checkatrade, is there anyone on here who solves problems like this?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I got a new oven, it was cheaper and less hassle

Element costs max £45 so I don't think your right. To change one you need very basic DIY skills. If you are unable to complete this task frankly you are hopeless and no good to mankind.

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
Not my problem but should it happen how do you know for certain it is the element that has gone. and that is the fault?
Stick a multi meter on to see if it’s open circuit, a megger to see if it has an insulation resistance fault :)

nelson73

Jan 9, 2014
lancing
i fitted an element in my cooker a few weeks ago it is easy i used sussexcookers in portslade and it only cost £12

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
Tenants have No heat, no fan, no light, no clock on main oven but the smaller oven is ok. I'm going over to have a look in the morning, so don't know full details yet.

Sounds a bit more than the element to me. Help please, he who holds all knowledge.

Sorry don’t really know. Are they fused separately just clutching st straws though.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Sorry don’t really know. Are they fused separately just clutching st straws though.

Thanks. I think they maybe. I'll have a look tomorrow and head up to the Grenadier for advice and spares.

Have a number of someone from Buzz on Boundary, if no joy there.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here