Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Oumar niasse

djentist

Aug 15, 2017
Would still take him if he's still available, 12m was it? He's scored goal every 98 min this season. (yes I know we have only just signed a new striker, but they have said they want another)

Scored again today from the bench and bailed them out, he's their rendition of Solskjaer so don't think he's going anywhere

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
Everton fans booing him then.

I wonder if we dodged an expensive bullet?

I'm not watching the game but I find that hard to believe. I can see he's just come on so perhaps they are booing Tosun being taken off, or the like-for-like switch.

He scored 8 league goals in 10 starts and 12 sub appearances for Everton last season.

He would have cost less than Locadia wouldn't he?

Yeah, really dodged and expensive bullet there. :lol:

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I'm not watching the game but I find that hard to believe. I can see he's just come on so perhaps they are booing Tosun being taken off, or the like-for-like switch.

He scored 8 league goals in 10 starts and 12 sub appearances for Everton last season.

He would have cost less than Locadia wouldn't he?

Yeah, really dodged and expensive bullet there. :lol:

The locals know more than us about their players. They actually watch matches.

IMG_2857.PNG

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
The locals know more than us about their players. They actually watch matches.

View attachment 100590

:facepalm:

The die hard locals who presumably aren't in the stadium.

Take a screen shot of our match day thread when someone like AK misses a chance and see the abuse he gets.

Since you love to quote pundits or commentators to validate your opinions, those on NBCSN (just loaded a stream) were praising his movement to stay onside and his clean strike after keeping his eye in the ball (was unlucky to hit to crossbar).

He goal record last season wasn't too bad. Similar number of goals per min to Murray. I'd take him over Locadia at the same price (even though Locadia cost more than Niasse was rumoured to be available for).

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
:facepalm:

The die hard locals who presumably aren't in the stadium.

Take a screen shot of our match day thread when someone like AK misses a chance and see the abuse he gets.

Since you love to quote pundits or commentators to validate your opinions, those on NBCSN (just loaded a stream) were praising his movement to stay onside and his clean strike after keeping his eye in the ball (was unlucky to hit to crossbar).

He goal record last season wasn't too bad. Similar number of goals per min to Murray. I'd take him over Locadia at the same price (even though Locadia cost more than Niasse was rumoured to be available for).

I don't know your username or your posts, but weird that you've specially built up a mental picture of my various posts. Voyeuristic.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
I don't know your username or your posts, but weird that you've specially built up a mental picture of my various posts. Voyeuristic.

I wouldn't expect you to, since I don't post much on here, relatively speaking. But NSC is the only place where I come read Albion news so it's only natural that I come to recognise posters who regularly post the same kind of content. You're not unique.

Interesting that you decided not to argue against any of my points.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
So you're saying with 25 minutes on the pitch and two attempts he should have scored a hat-trick. :wrong:

He missed 2 chances that would have been easier to have scored and had Rooney been there would have been goals plus he carelessly lost the ball in positions that would and should have given him the chance at goal.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I wouldn't expect you to, since I don't post much on here, relatively speaking. But NSC is the only place where I come read Albion news so it's only natural that I come to recognise posters who regularly post the same kind of content. You're not unique.

Interesting that you decided not to argue against any of my points.

I'll debate anything. You starting the digression by making a general comment about me, and it's my right to comment on that.

Back to the football, my view on the points you raise are:
1. Locadia - like you, I'm concerned that he'll be a £14m dud. I hope I'm wrong. To me he seems a poor Jack of all trades, not very good at anything. You brought Locadia into the discussion, so that's my view.
2. Niasse - I used to hope that he'd join us, to give pace and power. I'm not convinced now because CH plays 4-5-1, with the one having to be exceptional at lone target man play. I don't think that's Niasse's game.
3. His stats hold up, but Everton fans can't stand their strikers other than Richarlison. That's not a kneejerk based on today, but a longtime view on their threads and from talking to Evertonians. Posters on their threads count as real fans, in the same way Albion fans do on NSC.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
He missed 2 chances that would have been easier to have scored and had Rooney been there would have been goals plus he carelessly lost the ball in positions that would and should have given him the chance at goal.

He only had one clear cut chance. And he had two attempts. Everton were 3-1 down when he came on as a sub. He would have needed to score a hat-trick if he were to score enough goals for Everton to win (you said he should have scored enough to give Everton victory). I think your expectations might just be a little bit too high, BG. He was unlucky with his main chance but he probably should have scored there, I will agree with that. That's one goal, not the three that needed to be scored to win the match.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
I'll debate anything. You starting the digression by making a general comment about me, and it's my right to comment on that.

Back to the football, my view on the points you raise are:
1. Locadia - like you, I'm concerned that he'll be a £14m dud. I hope I'm wrong. To me he seems a poor Jack of all trades, not very good at anything. You brought Locadia into the discussion, so that's my view.
2. Niasse - I used to hope that he'd join us, to give pace and power. I'm not convinced now because CH plays 4-5-1, with the one having to be exceptional at lone target man play. I don't think that's Niasse's game.
3. His stats hold up, but Everton fans can't stand their strikers other than Richarlison. That's not a kneejerk based on today, but a longtime view on their threads and from talking to Evertonians. Posters on their threads count as real fans, in the same way Albion fans do on NSC.

I agree that his style of play doesn't fit the system that we normally play, but if he was brought in to give us something different when needed (pace/running behind like Locadia was supposedly meant to), then from what I've seen of both (about equal considering Locadia's relatively limited minutes), I think Niasse would have been the better option. But at least Locadia provided competition last season which may have facilitated Murray's form and we stayed up, so I'm not too disappointed. It all worked out well in the end and we don't know what would have happened if Niasse came in instead. But it's hard to say we avoided an expensive bullet (I wouldn't wonder about it either) as on the face of it it looks like Niasse would have been a better option than Locadia for less money (in hindsight). It's also worth remembering Everton are a far superior club to what we are and so their threshold of what is a good player is set higher than ours is. I had a quick look on their forum and it seems their opinion is a bit mixed, much like opinions of March on here.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I agree that his style of play doesn't fit the system that we normally play, but if he was brought in to give us something different when needed (pace/running behind like Locadia was supposedly meant to), then from what I've seen of both (about equal considering Locadia's relatively limited minutes), I think Niasse would have been the better option. But at least Locadia provided competition last season which may have facilitated Murray's form and we stayed up, so I'm not too disappointed. It all worked out well in the end and we don't know what would have happened if Niasse came in instead. But it's hard to say we avoided an expensive bullet (I wouldn't wonder about it either) as on the face of it it looks like Niasse would have been a better option than Locadia for less money (in hindsight). It's also worth remembering Everton are a far superior club to what we are and so their threshold of what is a good player is set higher than ours is. I had a quick look on their forum and it seems their opinion is a bit mixed, much like opinions of March on here.

Allegedly (according to the media), Niasse was demanding £80,000 per week from Brighton and Palace, when we courted him. At a time when £45,000 per week was our PL ceiling. The club therefore followed their usual routine in looking for 'value' on the continent.

I do realise that £80,000 for a striker banging in goals would be patently better than Locadia achieving nothing on £40,000. But at that point Winstanley thought Locadia would be a success to help keep us up.

I would assume that because the club in August 2017 and January 2018 had no certainty of PL football beyond a single season, they were determined not make the mistakes of other clubs in going down with huge onerous contracts on the books.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Why are you all suddenly suggesting that he is a better player than Locadia as I STILL have high hopes for Jurgen and believe that he will soon show his worth and must say that I was impressed with the 45 mins of Andone for the U23s.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Why are you all suddenly suggesting that he is a better player than Locadia as I STILL have high hopes for Jurgen and believe that he will soon show his worth and must say that I was impressed with the 45 mins of Andone for the U23s.

Sounds promising. :thumbsup:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here