[Football] What happens next?

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Dunk gets sold in the summer
Uwe gone already, Hemed, Kayal, Skalak, Rosenior, Sidwell all go too
Togetherness in the squad disappears
Fans kid themselves into thinking we should be aiming for mid table/top half amd a cup run
We spend big on a flop
Lose a few games
Continue to struggle for goals, away in particular
The boo boys moan at Hughton for being too negative
Knockaert and Murray take pelters and are accused of "not being good enough for the Prem" and "too old"
We lose a few more games
Relegation?

In short, with the squad getting older and the core of the "Together" team likely to be broken up, the transfer business in the summer is absolutely critical for us to avoid second season syndrome.

Unfortunately some of our delusional fans don't help matters because you know the knives will be out of things take a downturn, regardless of the wonderful job Hughton has done.

No pressure Winstanley and co...

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

https://youtu.be/TfE93xON8jk

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I'm a 'pint half full chap you seem like a 'pint spilled on the best carpet' bloke. Jeez....talk about painting a rum picture?

Izzy and Locadia will shine next season. Four good signings (full back,defender, midfielder and striker) early in the window will give us the edge to progress. The team spirit will always be present whilst the likes of Bruno, Duffy,Stephens and Knocky are there. These things don't appear overnight and they don't normally disappear overnight either.

Target 50 points next season with the experience gained this season being worth a lot.

TNBA

TTF
It's the European football the season after I'm looking forward to.😉😕😕

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
OP fails to realise that the “together” squad has a leader who inspires calm self belief. You can take players out, but the ethos comes from the top. Hughton has squad collectivism stamped through him like a stick of Brighton rock. He’s done it wherever he goes...all the players he’s managed talk about it, he’s the reason those boys...not all of them superstars...go out there and have a go.

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
Fans kid themselves into thinking we should be aiming for mid table/top half amd a cup run
We spend big on a flop
Lose a few games
Knockaert and Murray take pelters and are accused of "not being good enough for the Prem" and "too old"
We lose a few more games
Relegation?

In short, with the squad getting older and the core of the "Together" team likely to be broken up, the transfer business in the summer is absolutely critical for us to avoid second season syndrome.

Unfortunately some of our delusional fans don't help matters because you know the knives will be out of things take a downturn, regardless of the wonderful job Hughton has done.

My one question is were you ever employed, part or full time, as Job's comforter?

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
OP fails to realise that the “together” squad has a leader who inspires calm self belief. You can take players out, but the ethos comes from the top. Hughton has squad collectivism stamped through him like a stick of Brighton rock. He’s done it wherever he goes...all the players he’s managed talk about it, he’s the reason those boys...not all of them superstars...go out there and have a go.

Exactly and very well said.

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
Well, I, for one, am going to look forward to Wednesday night, and Friday's REMF game.

Never look too far ahead Rohan Ince's python, after all, you might not even be alive next season. Well, you wanted misery, didn't you?

:lolol: that is really funny,

el punal

We spend big on a flop
Lose a few games
We lose a few more games
Relegation?

You’re not the bloke that wanders round with a placard saying “The End of the World is Nigh”, are you? Or, were you given a fishing rod for your birthday?

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
You’re not the bloke that wanders round with a placard saying “The End of the World is Nigh”, are you? Or, were you given a fishing rod for your birthday?

I’m not sure when the end of the world is nigh so I went with the instalment option on my season ticket. It’s annoying they are never specific because I could have made the one off payment.

The Upper Library

May 23, 2013
I haven't read the whole of this thread but we are all aware of second season syndrome and I have a slight suspicion that Hughton and co might also be aware of it.

I am confident that Hughton , Bloom and the players will do everything in their power to give us the best possible chance to be successful (no defining what that is but obviously avoiding relegation is first priority).

There will be no fuss or histrionics , no spewing out of various hypothetical scenarios as the OP has done. The OP has successfully demonstrated why they are not professionally involved in football (I am guessing).

The old cliche - one game at a time, combined with thoughtful recruitment and overseeing all this one of the best man managers currently in football (I would say world wide) gives us a very good fighting chance.

Brighton have built this current success on firm foundations and I am confident this approach won't change.
There will be ups and downs but hopefully we will have given ourselves the best possible chance to prevail.
Anyway , the sun is shining.........and I can't think of any other team in the world I would rather be a supporter of.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
Why do people think Dunk will be sold?

He's good, but not as good as Lawrenson, Stevens or Foster, so would only go to a side outside the top 6. Would a Leicester or Everton be prepared to give us silly money for him, then pay him £80k/week?

I have my doubts.

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
Looking forward to my visit to Liverpool, staying a few days and going to Chester. Will be a party atmosphere at Anfield and look forward to reveling in the season we have had so far. Will go on my holidays in the Summer and think about next season when it comes. Live for the moment, days like last Friday don't come around often.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Matty Ryan 26
Lewis Dunk 26
Antony Knockaret 26
Shane Duffy 26
Davey Propper 26
José Izequerdo 25
Jurgen Locadia 24
Conor Golson 25
Solly March 23

Silly suggestion that this is an aging team it has not reached its prime

I was going to post the same thing. Out of those players the only one almost definitely on his way will be Dunk to a top 6 side. If we can't use the 40 odd million we get for him to continue what has been fantastic recruitment along with whatever other money we have available then we deserve to go down. Our starting 11 have had 4 permanent replacements from last season along with a few other big part players like Schelotto. None of our togetherness went away. We'll be just fine if we continue to recruit well. The togetherness and spirit is in the club, not the 11 on the pitch.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here