Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chester Bennington dies age 41

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
Shocking news, goes without saying his children will be distraught.

What's so sad is that I'd only recently added a few of their songs onto one of my playlists for the gym. And to hear they were soon to be touring to promote their new album...terrible.

Catalyst and Fallout are among the most haunting and powerful songs that I know from that genre. Such a waste.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Hybrid Theory was one of the albums i played to death when I was a teenager, so it'll always hold a special place in my heart.

Such a tragic thing to happen. RIP Chester and Thankyou.

carteater

Jan 1, 2014
West Sussex
I'm not a fan of Linkin Park, but my brother is a huge fan so I'm very familiar with their music, though I don't really like it myself.
That said, I thought he was a great talent with a decent voice. It's very sad to know that he was living some of the lyrics in their songs, and was suffering with something that a large number of people still don't understand.

41 is far too young for someone to die and suicide is such an awful thing.

RIP Chester. :(

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Was a 'Who?' from me too - but RIP anyway. Must have had some terrible demons to commit suicide (if that's what he did) at 41. Very sad.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Lead vocalist on the biggest-selling debut album of the 21st century, for starters.

To be fair, if someone had said to me a few hours earlier "Who is Chester Bennington?" and given me 10 years to guess and I'd not slept during those 10 years, I'd still have failed the challenge set of me.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Me: "Could you name a single Linkin Park track?"

Mrs Bozza: <long think> "No. You?"

Me: "No ****ing idea, no."

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Hands down the best sounding band I've seen live.
Chester had a phenomenal voice, none of this autotune crap.
Very sad news.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Linkin Park featuring Chris Cornell.

heathgate

NSC Patreon
Apr 13, 2015

Same here.... even though I am a big music fan.... L.P. is perhaps a band focussed on the under 35s ... That counts me out by several decades I think.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Me: "Did you know who Chester Bennington was a few hours ago?"

Mrs Bozza: "No idea, no."

What point are you trying to make here?

Every time someone from the creative arts dies there will be those who are not aware of their work. The fact that you don't know anything about Linkin Park is neither here nor there - they were hugely popular and important to a lot of people.

Your posts on this thread are a little scornful, and belittling to those who are genuinely upset that someone they held dear has died. All a little unnecessary.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
What point are you trying to make here?

That I didn't think it was necessary to belittle those who had not heard of the chap.

Every time someone from the creative arts dies there will be those who are not aware of their work. The fact that you don't know anything about Linkin Park is neither here nor there - they were hugely popular and important to a lot of people.

Absolutely, yes. His work clearly touched a lot of people, who thought a great deal of him. For anyone to pass at such a young age, particularly someone with such a wide reach, is tragic.

Your posts on this thread are a little scornful, and belittling to those who are genuinely upset that someone they held dear has died. All a little unnecessary.[/qupte]

You may have interpreted them as scornful, but they weren't. Not by a long way. You seem quite quick these days to try and jump on stuff I write, so I'm not too surprised it's you that missed the point.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here