Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Shaun Wright-Phillips

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
He has the proven ability to be an asset provided the financial side of a deal suits TB.

Stopped scoring goals in 2009 and playing regularly in 2011 ( 4 years ago). At 33, it's a no from me. File him with Andy Johnson and Shola Ameobi. That's before we consider paying his 30k (stab in the dark) per week we'd have to fund.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
No it bloody isn't as trash like him will cost us a small fortune...Time the club stopped wasting money on these types of players.

Which other high profile-high wage loanees are you relating to with "stopped wasting money on these types of players".

Seems a bizarre statement when I can only think of Bridge and Bent.....both of whom certainly wern't FLOPS.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Which other high profile-high wage loanees are you relating to with "stopped wasting money on these types of players".

Seems a bizarre statement when I can only think of Bridge and Bent.....both of whom certainly wern't FLOPS.

Bridge, Bent, Upson, Harper all shocking loans, whats the point of them.

Rohana

I'm.Actually.Dead.
Feb 16, 2010
Shoreham-By-Sea
No it bloody isn't as trash like him will cost us a small fortune...Time the club stopped wasting money on these types of players.

Yeah, our policy on picking up any Ex-England players we can fit in to our wage structure has been really shit.

All it's given us is Wayne Bridge, Matt Upson & Darren Bent. SHIT I TELL YOU.

Do you know anything about football?

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing

Yeah,I agree,no more trashy ex-England internationals, like Upson, Bent, and Bridge, all a waste of our precious resources. No wonder they were all out of favour at their previous clubs. :facepalm:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Stopped scoring goals in 2009 and playing regularly in 2011 ( 4 years ago). At 33, it's a no from me. File him with Andy Johnson and Shola Ameobi. That's before we consider paying his 30k (stab in the dark) per week we'd have to fund.

Logically if he was still as good as then we wouldnt be in the running for him, but if like Bridge and Upson recently or in days gone by of Mortimer and Worthington can produce sufficient for us to benefit I say go for it provided TB etc are happy with the financial details. It beats me people moaning of no signings then complaining of the ones suggested what do they want us to do and sign.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Bridge and Upson may as well have been permanent signings because they were here ALL season. I think Bent is a worthwhile comparison though.

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
image.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here