Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Goldson - Rangers [CONFIRMED]

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Perhaps people would be concerned he had left if Dunk or Duffy suffered an injury and either was out for a long period. The player who could seamlessly replace either (IMO) has left and we have to rely on an untried back up. Connor always played well when called upon......that's what people will miss and had he had a run in the team a lot were of the opinion he was a player who had the capacity to improve. There is no doubt he WILL be missed and we don't know if we have found an able replacement if we suffer a season of injuries. I don't think anyone's concerned he has left it's just he was a brilliant player we had for cover and it might be hard to replace that!

True but Hunemeier was preferred when Dunk or Duffy weren’t playing and there was nowhere near as much fuss about him leaving. I guess we have to trust CH’s decisions and I imagine Goldson was getting restless and was unhappy to possibly fall behind our Nigerian signing too?

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
So much angst about a player who has hardly played for two years and I notice he has improved out of all recognition during that period if some of you are to be believed. He was a good Championship player but CH decided he wasn’t good enough for a promotion pushing team and brought in Duffy. He may turn out to be a 20 million player but, personally, I really doubt it.

Good luck to him, model professional who seems to be a nice guy too, but I won’t be losing sleep over him leaving to play for a hero of his at Rangers.

That.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Perhaps people would be concerned he had left if Dunk or Duffy suffered an injury and either was out for a long period. The player who could seamlessly replace either (IMO) has left and we have to rely on an untried back up. Connor always played well when called upon......that's what people will miss and had he had a run in the team a lot were of the opinion he was a player who had the capacity to improve. There is no doubt he WILL be missed and we don't know if we have found an able replacement if we suffer a season of injuries. I don't think anyone's concerned he has left it's just he was a brilliant player we had for cover and it might be hard to replace that!

I get he’s someone we would want in the squad. But he played 3 EPL games. I preferred Hunemeier but he played one game. The club are clearly seeking to raise performance and do see Conner as part of that. And or Conner forced the issue. Am I concerned if Duffy or Dunk get an injury. No, we will have two people to slot in but would prefer zero injuries.

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
They are two alike. Both ball playing centre backs, both number 6's as opposed to number 5's. Each team needs a big strong number 5 too, and big Shane is that man.

See your point but think that kind of logic is more suited to the championship. Think Goldson and Dunk could have coped with the few powerful centre forwards in the PL (Players like Woods and Vokes) like Duffy can but Goldson and Dunk would have done better against the far higher number of ball playing, quick, agile forwards in the league.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
See your point but think that kind of logic is more suited to the championship. Think Goldson and Dunk could have coped with the few powerful centre forwards in the PL (Players like Woods and Vokes) like Duffy can but Goldson and Dunk would have done better against the far higher number of ball playing, quick, agile forwards in the league.

Hughton didn’t think so.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Gordon Greer on the BBC website...

"The biggest thing for Connor might be the demands of the supporters. He is playing for a massive club now. Brighton - with all due respect - is a brilliant club and a great family club, but it is not the same pressure as playing for Rangers."

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
Gordon Greer on the BBC website...

"The biggest thing for Connor might be the demands of the supporters. He is playing for a massive club now. Brighton - with all due respect - is a brilliant club and a great family club, but it is not the same pressure as playing for Rangers."

The pressure of only having 4 meaningful games a season must be terrible!

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I'm almost wondering if this has gone through - the silence is deafening on SSN. They may have mentioned it a few days ago and I missed it, but today there was a programme specifically about the SPFL, fixtures day and all that, and a preview of the season for various teams, the ins and outs, etc. - and not once was Goldson mentioned by any o the presenters or pundits.
Are they just not very impressed up there, or under the radar or what?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I'm almost wondering if this has gone through - the silence is deafening on SSN. They may have mentioned it a few days ago and I missed it, but today there was a programme specifically about the SPFL, fixtures day and all that, and a preview of the season for various teams, the ins and outs, etc. - and not once was Goldson mentioned by any o the presenters or pundits.

Its a PL reserve going to the MTL, hardly the transfer story of the summer. I wouldn't expect a huge amount of coverage on it.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

Was briefly mentioned on Talksport and SSN but in case you hadn't noticed the World Cup has just started and as Easy 10 says, it's a PL squad player that has gone to Scotland..

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
Was briefly mentioned on Talksport and SSN but in case you hadn't noticed the World Cup has just started and as Easy 10 says, it's a PL squad player that has gone to Scotland..

And it is little old Brighton. Now if John Terry had changed his brand of boxers or Jack Grealish been in talks with Yildizspor of Madagascar then we would have news articles rolling every 30 minutes.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
And it is little old Brighton. Now if John Terry had changed his brand of boxers or Jack Grealish been in talks with Yildizspor of Madagascar then we would have news articles rolling every 30 minutes.

Pretty sure we had live coverage from SSN at our Austria training camp on the days that Suttner and Gross signed :moo:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Its a PL reserve going to the MTL, hardly the transfer story of the summer. I wouldn't expect a huge amount of coverage on it.

It's a big money issue for Rangers though, and they're the second biggest club up there - and as I said, SSN are devoting hours to the SPFL this morning.

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
Springal you forgot that the signing ceremony was interrupted for a) a competition of Steve 'Why aye have a broken norze' Bruce lookalikes and b) John Terry changing his podiatrist.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
It's a big money issue for Rangers though, and they're the second biggest club up there - and as I said, SSN are devoting hours to the SPFL this morning.

It might've got a mention if it was on a scotchland feature I suppose, but I'm not really losing any sleep over it. When it happens, it happens.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
Pretty sure we had live coverage from SSN at our Austria training camp on the days that Suttner and Gross signed :moo:

Absolutely. And live coverage from Lancing when Propper signed *all day* long. The idea that Albion don't get reams and reams of national press/tv coverage or are somehow under the radar is far fetched to say the least.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
From the Rangers fans' website:-

"Let’s hope this guy Goldson is world class, because we could get a genuine top international for that money."

Underwhelmed then.................and deluded. Although I suppose it might land them a top San Marino, Malta or Gibraltar international!

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
From the Rangers fans' website:-

"Let’s hope this guy Goldson is world class, because we could get a genuine top international for that money."

Underwhelmed then.................and deluded. Although I suppose it might land them a top San Marino, Malta or Gibraltar international!

I suspect he will have the Jock McDoogan the striker from Tumblewee Thistle in his pocket...

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here